Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Micro T horrible run times

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro T horrible run times

My micro T has been having some bad run times lately. The battery is brand new and has only been through 10-15 runs. The battery will charge but the charger is acting weird. The light will start out bright, then go dim, then shut off completely. I also notice that if the car is moved when its plugged into the charger the light will shut off. Then even if I keep re-connecting it and let it charge for a while, I only get a run time of 1-2 minutes.

I was thinking about the NiMHwall charger. Has anyone used it and knows how long it takes to charge? I know there is a Lipo and charger but its a little much now since I just bought a few other upgrades for this car. I would havebought the lipo before but the charger didnt act up untillI bought other the other upgrades.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:27 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Micro T horrible run times

Iknow this is a basic question, but did you replace the AA's inside the charger?
Old 06-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Zlash03
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I did replace them with brand new ones. It lasts longer now but it still randomly shuts off during charging and I have to unplug it and plug it in again to make it start charging again.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:14 AM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Do you have another NiMh pack to test? Otherwise I don't know that there is much else you can do with the charger as there are not buttons or settings to change. Icut the wire off my micro charger and used the lead as an adapter for my Checkpoint charger. You may have better luck with the wall charger, but not if the battery pack is dying. I think a new charger is your best bet.