Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WOW unlucky

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW unlucky

MAN.. right when i was looking into new tires for my savage xs i noticed one of my lipos is starting to puff..... *** gotta say im realy starting to dislike the fact in electric when somthing goes wrong theres not 1 thing you can do its just shot

My Model's
    HPI Firestorm 10T / E-Firestorm, Traxxas Stampede 4x4, OFNA CD3, Jammin CRT.5(Brushless), AE RC18MT, HPI savage octane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: WOW unlucky

ORIGINAL: echthelion

MAN.. right when i was looking into new tires for my savage xs i noticed one of my lipos is starting to puff..... *** gotta say im realy starting to dislike the fact in electric when somthing goes wrong theres not 1 thing you can do its just shot

....cough-cough.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj21955.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	1785600   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wt59090.jpeg 
Views:	2 
Size:	6.5 KB 
ID:	1785601  
    Signature
    (Max. 125 chars. 2 lines max)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yesyes but i wanted a winter car
    My Model's
    HPI Firestorm 10T / E-Firestorm, Traxxas Stampede 4x4, OFNA CD3, Jammin CRT.5(Brushless), AE RC18MT, HPI savage octane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: echthelion

yesyes but i wanted a winter car
    get waterproof servo's there, winter car, I run my nitro's in the snow every year, just store the car inside.
    Signature

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

at this point im just about ready to sell my whole elec lot its been 1 problem after another
    My Model's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I feel the same way but NOOOOO everyone says electric is more reliable... my foot, Ive had far less downtime with nitro than any electric I have ever had, cells going dead, motors going out, glitches ect.

if you can learn to tune, nitro is far less complicated and far more reliable than electric.... IF you learn how to tune.
    Signature

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

I feel the same way but NOOOOO everyone says electric is more reliable... my foot, Ive had far less downtime with nitro than any electric I have ever had, cells going dead, motors going out, glitches ect.
    tell me about it after 5+ gallons on my firestorm and 0 engine problems
    My Model's

Best and only 1/10th scale battery I own. I can run for 1-2 hours. Either get a fast brushless setup or have a fun to drive car... you really don't need that much speed. I've never had any electrical problems with any of my cars, only chassis/parts.

SCX10 Hilux - Kyosho DRX - SCX10 6x6 - DF03Ra - M03 - Kyosho Turbo Ultima

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TheDriftingNarwhal

Best and only 1/10th scale battery I own. I can run for 1-2 hours. Either get a fast brushless setup or have a fun to drive car... you really don't need that much speed. I've never had any electrical problems with any of my cars, only chassis/parts.

funny you link that the battery that puffed on me is a duratrax 4000mah hardcase lipo...
    My Model's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

if you can learn to tune, nitro is far less complicated and far more reliable than electric.... IF you learn how to tune.
    If you have quality stuff then electric is much easier IMO, but that's me so I don't wanna pick a fight!
    - Hobby Shop Employee
    - ModelKits.com & RcTruckStop.com Staff Writer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: thehuntingterminator

If you have quality stuff then electric is much easier IMO, but that's me so I don't wanna pick a fight!
    i dont wanna fight either but i have quality stuff and ive been plagued by problems
    My Model's

Kingston UK, but living in Athens, GREECE
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are you one of those devil's advocate types? People who stubbornly refuse to admit that electric is easier and given the same levels of knowledge, equally reliable as nitro or more so, just sound to me no diffferent than the people who were saying the earth was flat. Are you frightened that nitro will be killed by electric or something? Don't worry, it never will!

Electric is so much easier than nitro, once you learn a few basic rules. You had a battery puff...nevermind, buy another one from hobbyking for 15 bucks. Your ESC burnt? Either you bought the wrong one for the applicatoin or it has a defect, in either case, the manufacturer will replace it for you if its in warranty, if it's not in warranty, then you got a year out of it, what more do you want? Your motor melted? You didn't keep an eye on temps or didn't gear appropriately.

Did you buy cheap chinese gear? I've never had an ESC burn, a motor melt or a battery puff (at least not badly), but then I buy good quality stuff appropriately rated for the application...

Absolutely no comparison. I've been bashing for half an hour by the time my buddy gets his nitro running. It's not my opinion, it's not conjecture, it's not subjective. Unless we're living in a parallel universe or something where electric motors need tuning by hand and nitro engines always start and run perfectly every time. [&:]

I take nothing away from nitro, for those that want the sound and smell, the tinkering, there's nothing like it. But there is no sane person in the world who can say with a straight face that 'electric is more difficult'. It's somewhat more expensive, but it's a lot easier, and for me at least twice as reliable. You want reliable? Don't go electric or nitro, go gas. They never die.
    Down with the crew known to pump up the bass...
    We rock the joint at a cool, steady pace.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dont get me wrong i very much enjoy elec when its working its just after 2 months 2 dead ESC and a puffed lipo when i was thinking i was doing it all right
    My Model's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RTR electronics? I will certainly give you that the average nitro RTR is more reliable than the average electric RTR. But once you put the good stuff in it's plain sailing, I promise.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the first ESC was the stock vapor pro from the XS i was ready for that one to die and it came bad. so sent it in when i was waiting on it i got the sidewinder sct combo (better version of the vapor pro) or so i thought that was bad out of the box to got my replacement sidewinder3 weeks ago and now the lipo its just one thing after another

My Model's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeh, the stock vapor has failed on just about everyone except t9dragon now. lol. That truck is really 1/10th size and needs minimum the sidewinder for 2s and minimum the mamba max pro for 3s. To be honest, this is HPI's fault.

Also, for that truck, you'll need a battery rated for a comfortable 100A to avoid puffing the battery with the stock (somewhat inefficient) motor. Believe me, not all electrics are like that. If you bought a mamba max pro 3800kv 1410 combo and nice strong 5000mAh 40C batt, it would do 50mph all day and not even get warm. Once again, I have to refer to the expense, that motor and esc alone are more than 3/4 of the price of the RTR XS, but they will buy you complete peace of mind.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah i have the 3800kv castle in it atm. after only 8cycles on the battery thats the only thing i can think of is the C on the batterys is to low of course there 4000mah 25c so that is 100a right? ESC set at3.2v LVCo bal charge them every time at2.5a the few times i got to run it i stored them at 3.8v at the end of each day

ive been looking at the eco power 5000mah 30c batts at amain if i dont end up ebaying my stuff
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-ROAR-Approved
    My Model's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeh, you'r current battery barely meets minimum requirement. I'm not surprised it puffed. You want these...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16785

They'll be a squeeze, but they'll fit. Can't go wrong for 26 bucks, and they'll deliver 200A at a stretch.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've got the Duratrax Onyx 2s 25c 5000mah lipo, and never had an issue with it yet in almost a year. Setup is everything in a system. That's why I usually stay stock from the factory unless they had issues from there. The only thing that has went on my XS is the esc, and I just split a wheel axle in half at the cup. And it's wierd cause it was onyl one axle drive cup. all other are ok except the center ones
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use electric..........to start my Nitro's. I have both and your argument has somehow lost it's punch having to take 4 posts to explain how easy something is [X(].

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Firstly it's not an argument. Secondly, driving a 1:1 car is easy, but it took you more than 4 posts of learning to learn how to do it. How many posts do you think it would take to explain the concept of engine tuning or break in to someone in order to help diagnose a problem? A lot more words than I typed. The facts don't need impact to be facts. I suppose if my argument had impact, yet I was wrong, you'd believe me?

I never needed to tune my motor or break it in, I never have to replace clutches or clean air filters, all I have to do is charge a battery and flick a switch, I just don't see how you can even compare.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Yeh, you'r current battery barely meets minimum requirement. I'm not surprised it puffed. You want these...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16785

They'll be a squeeze, but they'll fit. Can't go wrong for 26 bucks, and they'll deliver 200A at a stretch.
    Gee, didn't you just say above that you only buy the good stuff?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Firstly it's not an argument. Secondly, driving a 1:1 car is easy, but it took you more than 4 posts of learning to learn how to do it. How many posts do you think it would take to explain the concept of engine tuning or break in to someone in order to help diagnose a problem? A lot more words than I typed. The facts don't need impact to be facts. I suppose if my argument had impact, yet I was wrong, you'd believe me?

I never needed to tune my motor or break it in, I never have to replace clutches or clean air filters, all I have to do is charge a battery and flick a switch, I just don't see how you can even compare.
    Settle down , take it Easy there big feller. One is not easier than the other my friend you just have a preference as well as I.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its got nothing to do with preference.
    Foxy
    RCU Community Moderator

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont hate elec im just very very unhappy with how my luck is going over 2 months
    My Model's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast