1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

HobbyKing 1/16th Short Course Truck thread

Old 07-11-2016, 12:22 PM
Nathanr3001

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by seehuusen View Post
Hey guys,
I thought I'd add a few pics of some modifications I've made
    [*]Oil filled aluminium shocks (filled with TrackStar Silicone Shock Oil 350cSt)[*]Front guards toeliminatesmall stones getting into the steering, as well as less dirt amongst the hardware[*]Body modifications for better air flow[*]moved ESC to above the drive-shaft for better cooling[*]New tyres/ Rims[*]Rear metal gear box[/list]The shocks, metal gearbox and guards are by far the best mod I've done!
I have trimmed the guards in a fair bit from what the pictures show, as the truck felt less stable (steering-wise) at higher speeds, I assumed wind was lifting the front end slightly... It's much better cut down now, and still keeps dirt and rocks away
In order to keep a decent amount of air flow for the electrics (which we all know get pretty hot in this thing), I've modified the body a bit, a cut-out between the new fenders allows more air flow, as well as the little window/bonnet scoop (plus I reckon it looks great )
The shocks is a must, the standard ones are simply not good enough, the oil weight seems pretty good, but I have a few other weights that I'm going to try out... I'll post what I find when I have replaced the oil
The metal gearbox was predominantly bought for the metal out drives, these in plastic (originally plastic) split, and then you loose the dog-bone and ultimately drive to the wheel... The metal upgrade seems to haveeliminatedthat all together... I've ordered one for the front now too...
The tyres were just the standard ones, I can't seem to find any other tyres for this car atm... So I tried the gaffa tape trick on the inside... it's not working for me though
Well, I hope we can get a bit of a chat going about these cars, surely other people are enjoying the tinkering on these cheapass cars
Show us your setup!
Cheers
Martin
Where did you get the metal gearboxes at?