Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

HSP RC cars

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 01:29 AM
JasonWang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HSP RC cars

I want to know about you guys have you ever heard something about the brand HSP from HK. I need some market information here.
Best regard for all of you.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HSP RC cars

HSP (aka Himoto) are a well established budget RC car OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) based out of Hong Kong, their cars are also resold under various other brands, most notably Redcat Racing in the USA. They are widely regarded as 'acceptable' for the money, but are by no means considered 'high quality' RC cars. They usually make a good start in the hobby for most people.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:38 PM
JasonWang

well I thought that no one here knows Hsp, and now I want to say "oops, expert here", you guys shocked me a lot.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:10 PM
vpower

i like redcat even though they arent good quality youll have tons of fun with them! they survive heads on crashes at full speed like if its nothing! but the wear on weverything is terrible. you be buying dogbones and gears after the 3rd day.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 PM
barry3069

HSP are making average auto rcwhich are good for the beginners but not good for expert users.Infact they have many technical and reliability problems so i rate them as an average company.We can't compare them with leading companies in Europe which are manufacturing rc vehicles having more qulaity and more better results.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:28 PM
ErnstSr

Howdy,
I've done a little research on the HSP 94202 Breaker Dune Buggy. Red Cat also carries it as the Sandstorm Baja. A company by name of Aleko also carries it and just calls it the Aleko 94202. It is a RTR, electric, brushed, 1/10 4WD buggy. The body/appearance is exactly the same by all three companies, color varies. I found prices ranging from a low of $139.00 to a high of $199.00.

Aleko calls it the Aleko 94202. Aleko price is $173.00 with free shipping. 30 day money back guarantee. 1 year warranty. Upgrades not offered by the other companies are as follows: 550 brushed motor instead of a 540 motor. Battery: Lipo 7.2v 2000 mAh instead of a NiMH. Chrome wheels. Parts are available through Aleko or local dealers carrying Red Cat Racing parts.

This buggy is considered an entry level hobby grade vehicle. I thought it was expensive for a first or entry level vehicle, but if you spend less you are probably buying a toy and not a hobby grade. It has a few features I didn't find on other brands in the same price range. Full aluminum oil filled shocks, adjustable steering, and 4WD, which makes it easier to drive and control, and it is waterproof.

I ordered the Aleko 94202 and should receive it next week 12/11/15. I'll follow up with addition information after I receive it.

Just my two cents worth, hope that helps.

Ernie