Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Ofna Jammin CRT.5 1/12 Truggy Build Thread and E-Conversion

Looks good, Eman!!
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks! I need to post some pics of it next to a 1/10 buggy, etc so folks can see the size comparison, especially with the wheel/tire combo I went with.
    DT02-MS | Stadium Thunder | TT Frog | TRF 801XT | CR-01 | F-150 | CRT.5 | T-Egg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are some pics of the CRT.5 next to a 1/10 Tamiya DT-02 buggy. The CRT has a slightly shorter wheelbase, but has a wider stance, and bigger wheels/tires for mine (they're not stock - stock CRT wheels are 2.2s, and about dead on the same size as a 1/10 buggy).

Dunno why the pics are crap quality though. Seems like I'm slipping lately on that. [&:]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh16934.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	1805383   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hc93520.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	1805384   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gl20998.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	95.9 KB 
ID:	1805385   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dw65363.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	1805386  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey as a side note there is one thing i hate about my crt.5 and that is there is NO body selection. You have the proline and the stocker that's it. SAVAGE XS body fits near perfectly. I had the cut small slits in the rear of the body for the suspension tower to fit and a hole for the cooling head. Other then that the body works real well on the crt.5
    Call me what I am. I am Kolossus

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good to know about the Savage XS body! I might go that route if/when I trash this one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Doesn't feel like a 1/18th at all.. ha!
    LB | WW2 | TLT | TB02 | DF03 | TEgg | F103GT | TXT | Hornet | Frog | Scalpel | Leo 2A6 | Aeromax | WW1 | Clod | CR-01

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if you ever get bored with it buy a scrt10/nexx10 chassis, and center dogbones. Then slap a 1/8th scale buggy body, and wing on it as I demonstrate in the attached pic(I also used ome 17mm conversion hex's I had laying around with 1/8th scale buggy rims)
    or use the shock towers off the SCRT10, and have a SCT

Name:	Wu61676.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	1805426  
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Lunchboxer

Doesn't feel like a 1/18th at all.. ha!
    Well, technically it's a 1/12 I think.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

if you ever get bored with it buy a scrt10/nexx10 chassis, and center dogbones. Then slap a 1/8th scale buggy body, and wing on it as I demonstrate in the attached pic(I also used ome 17mm conversion hex's I had laying around with 1/8th scale buggy rims)
    Interesting idea - I must say thought that SCT's don't really appeal to me. Although I must admit the Ofna SCT looks pretty good - I guess I feel like others just look so bloated - they try to look "scale" as all the SCT fans will say, but the body is so disproportionally wide that it's silly.

I mean, it's not really scale. They left the non-scale massively wide wheelbase of a ST and slapped on a wider body to cover the wheels, really. At least, that's what I feel in most cases.

By comparison, the little Tamiya F-150 (TA-02T chassis) is much more scale looking - it's very narrow in comparison. But it won't handle well in a race compared to all the "fat boys", so folks neglect it as a race vehicle. Real racers should adopt that scale of a platform and see how their skills fare then.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Eman77

Interesting idea - I must say thought that SCT's don't really appeal to me. Although I must admit the Ofna SCT looks pretty good - I guess I feel like others just look so bloated - they try to look ''scale'' as all the SCT fans will say, but the body is so disproportionally wide that it's silly.

I mean, it's not really scale. They left the non-scale massively wide wheelbase of a ST and slapped on a wider body to cover the wheels, really. At least, that's what I feel in most cases.

By comparison, the little Tamiya F-150 (TA-02T chassis) is much more scale looking - it's very narrow in comparison. But it won't handle well in a race compared to all the ''fat boys'', so folks neglect it as a race vehicle. Real racers should adopt that scale of a platform and see how their skills fare then.

yup I tried a SCT (slash 4X4) it was the width of a ST, but had the handling closer to my savage X. Generally I don't mind poor handling vehicles but the way that thing handled reminded me of a 1978 impala going 80 on an expressway in high winds. Basically like a boat on wheels which I did not find fun in the slightest(just like the impala I was in that time). Side note I've been working on making a 4wd SCT with a solid rear axle using HPI, and Axial parts to use that body with

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So far I'm loving this thing - I've run it a handful of times - on a baseball diamond, on scrubby grass (beat down soccer field), mulch, dirt, some pavement. I've cartwheeled it several times, but really enjoy it. The tires are great for where I run it, the ground clearance is solid. So far so good.

I am using a Losi MSC12L ESC, and a used Team Checkpoint 19T money motor - it's a 540, but short. Running 2S LiPo.

The ESC is around 135 F, temps are fine. But the motor is hitting just over 190 F, so that's bad. I know my wheels/tires are a bit heavy and adding to it. I'm running a 14T pinion. I made that choice on the tires, knowing I wanted the capability they'd offer, and have to deal with temps.

I also know my motor is just a short term fit (if I ruin it, so be it - I got it for dirt cheap). I want to go brushless around 4000 kV - but now I'm wondering if I should go for a lower kV to keep temps down, or lower the pinion? Ideally I'd use the pinion I have and find the right motor since I don't have that yet. Or would I go for a longer 540 motor (more torque, less heat?). But a 540 BL seems overkill as it is on this 1/12.

Thoughts?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great looking CRT! I'm having a blast with mine but I need to change my motor/esc combo. The Tekin is acting strange.

The handling is great on the Truggy!

Which receiver box did you use? Is it waterproof?
    Hpi Savage, Hpi NitroMt2
    Hpi Micro Rs4, Xray M18, MR-TC4 SD SSG, HPI Pro-4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Rx box I used is from the SC kit I believe:
    http://www.ofnawarehouse.com/product...oducts_id=2154

It's not waterproof, but it covers the Rx to give peace of mind for most splashes. It's not like I'm going to submarine the thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thoughts on the motor? (See post a few ones up).

Anyone? ...anyone?.......Bueller...? ......beuller....?

Emann, can post a picture of the copper paint you chose? I have always loved the copper color, and plan to use it on my OFNA Lx2e build. Thanks!
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sure thing.

I used Tamiya PS-14:
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFFT4&P=7

Name:	Wu59618.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	1807834  

Awesome. Is that a metallic color as well?
    -Aerodynamics and turbos are for people who can't build motors.

Ofna LX2e-4s
    Axial SCX10 Jeep
    T-Maxx 2.5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

as for motor something around 4000kv would prolly work best on 2S. If 3S I'd go to 3200-3500 pick the brand you like best

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

as for motor something around 4000kv would prolly work best on 2S. If 3S I'd go to 3200-3500 pick the brand you like best
    Sticking with 2s. Any need to drop lower than 4000 kV with my 14T pinion, given that I'm frying my lowly 19T brushed motor a bit over 190 F with these tires?

I just don't wanna buy a 4000 KV motor and then realize I shoulda gone 3600, when I fry the 4000.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cumminspower5.9

Awesome. Is that a metallic color as well?
    Hmm, doesn't say it's metallic, I guess not.

But it is awesome.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how did you mount the battery tray?
    My Model's
    HPI Firestorm 10T, Traxxas Stampede 4x4, OFNA CD3, Jammin CRT.5(Brushless), AE RC18MT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sticking with 2s. Any need to drop lower than 4000 kV with my 14T pinion, given that I'm frying my lowly 19T brushed motor a bit over 190 F with these tires?

I just don't wanna buy a 4000 KV motor and then realize I shoulda gone 3600, when I fry the 4000.
    good point those look like HPI geolanders?

my 4000kv gets pretty hot with 1/8th buggy tires those are a bit bigger.prolly 3500kvish

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my 4000kv gets pretty hot with 1/8th buggy tires those are a bit bigger.prolly 3500kvish
    Yep, Geolandars! Not sure how they stack up to 1/8 buggy tires (these are 2" wide, 4" OD). But 3500 or so sounds reasonable, I'll give that a shot.

echthelion - the tray is mounted on it's side, I just drilled 2 holes in the tray through existing chassis holes - I ended up using a nylock nut under the chassis to hold it on, so it's not flush - we'll see how that holds up over time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yep, Geolandars! Not sure how they stack up to 1/8 buggy tires (these are 2'' wide, 4'' OD). But 3500 or so sounds reasonable, I'll give that a shot.

echthelion - the tray is mounted on it's side, I just drilled 2 holes in the tray through existing chassis holes - I ended up using a nylock nut under the chassis to hold it on, so it's not flush - we'll see how that holds up over time.
    well they are probably about 2X heavier than buggy rims, and about an inch more diameter wise.
    holding my one I got sitting here with a foam in it (not on a rim) its a quite a bit heavier than my 1/8th buggy wheel that is mounted with foams.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The cars looking good buddy! Considering going brushless with mine now. I just got a hold of a Mamba Max Pro I think I'm going to drop in a 2700 kv motor in there and gear it for 110-120 degrees.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast