Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Savage xs servo wuestion

Hey guys , I'm probably getting a savage xs from my wife for Xmas Lucky me. An I was wondering about the size of servo it needs, I have a spare jr9100s sitting around since I converted my truggy to elec and wondered if it will fit . I'm not to sure on the size difference between 1:8 and 1:10 so was just wondering since its sitting there collecting dust
    1/16th revo, 8ight T 2.0, Savage XL, Micro T, Jato 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Savage xs servo wuestion

Savage XS uses standard size servo so your JR servo will drop right in no problem. Almost all 1/8th and 1/10th scale use standard size servos. Then you have the 16th/18th scale which "some" use standard servos as well but most use smaller micro servos. Then there are bigger servos for the 1/5th scales.

I believe the XS comes with the HPI SF-10W Servo which is only rated at 36.10oz/in (4.5kg/cm) @ 6.0V, not very powerful. The JR servo you listed is rated at 180 oz/in @ 6V which will be way more than enough for the XS.
    Savage XL Roller, Savage Flux, HPI Blitz Brushless, Venom Creeper, Mini Summit, Walkera 4#6S.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya I wasn't sure about the size difference thanks for clearing it up, I have the stronger 9100t in my truggy now that's a beast lol, I just don't feel like dishing out cash for a new servo when I have that one laying around, thanks for the quick response
    1/16th revo, 8ight T 2.0, Savage XL, Micro T, Jato 3.3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've had the Traxxas 2075 with plastic gears installed. It crapped out on me after a fun runs. Make sure you go digital and waterproof your servo!
    Hpi Savage, Hpi NitroMt2
    Hpi Micro Rs4, Xray M18, MR-TC4 SD SSG, HPI Pro-4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: wyumez

I've had the Traxxas 2075 with plastic gears installed. It crapped out on me after a fun runs. Make sure you go digital and waterproof your servo!
    Yeah the Traxxas 2075 servos are terrible!
    - Hobby Shop Employee
    - ModelKits.com & RcTruckStop.com Staff Writer