Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Vendetta SC or SC18?

Old 04-13-2010, 05:43 PM
3W flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendetta SC or SC18?

im looking at these 2 just for bashing and i would like some opinions on which one i should get (from people that actually have the cars please) i would like durability as well as performance. also i might want to upgrade to brushless later on so drive train durability is a big factor.

SC18
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...LXYYK1**&P=ML#

Vendetta SC
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...XXYL9**%20&P=3
Old 04-13-2010, 05:58 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

Default RE: Vendetta SC or SC18?

Just being real, a lot is going to depend on what you plan on doing bashing-wise.
The SC18 is based in part on the RC18R, very low slung and narrow. So if you plan on taking it offroad you will struggle.
The Vendetta SC is based on their tried and true buggy with pillowball front suspension, taller suspension, and a longer more stable chassis allow it to glide over rough stuff that would gobble up the SC18.

To be fair, the SC18 hasn't been out long enough (especially it being a new drivetrain) to have any reliable opinions on as yet. Seen some good and and some bad, just too early to make the call.
People have been racing the Detta SC for about 6 months now, they dominated at the Madness race going head to head with the Sc18, and almost every report I've seen has been positive.

Both trucks have their shortcomings, both are in need of alloy shocks and metal CVDs and adjustable tierods, but so does nearly every RTR mini out there.
With a few upgrades, the Detta SC's drivetrain is pretty much bulletproof - definately can be made brushless-ready.
Again, the SC18's beltdrive system is new and likely has to get all the bugs worked out (if you were set on one of these I'd wait a few months until parts became available and people had all the do's and dont's figured out).
Old 04-13-2010, 06:08 PM
3W flyer

alright well i mostly drive in dirt and grass so i guess the vendetta would be better
Old 04-13-2010, 06:56 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

While I would guess that the SC18 would not be advised for you and your stated use at all due to its lack of ground clearance, and the Vendetta SC would probably be your best option. Keep in mind that mini's as a whole category don't do well in grass.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:02 PM
3W flyer

yea i probably wont drive in grass to much for that reason so mostly smooth loose and hard dirt and also i forgot to mention i will also be driving it on carpet in my basement.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:16 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

http://duratrax.com/cars/dtxd17-vend...tionparts.html
Old 04-13-2010, 07:22 PM
3W flyer

wow theirs quite a bit of upgrades for it. i will probably get the vendetta i guess.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:27 PM
DettaSCT
Banned

ORIGINAL: 3W flyer

wow theirs quite a bit of upgrades for it. i will probably get the vendetta i guess.
I only posted that so you could get a glimpse of what's out there, not that you need it all.

Good thing about the Dettas, is that Duratrax makes all the goodies (no searching all over the 'Net), and TowerHobbies carries everything.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:36 PM
3W flyer

ya i figured but its just nice that there are parts that are easy to get. and my LHS also carries some duratrax parts as well as associated so finding parks isn't a issue.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:44 PM
rschoi_75

good choice on the vendetta sc.

Hopefully you haven't purchased it yet. RC Planet is having a smoking sale on detta sc's. Buy it from there and save yourself some cash.

www.rcplanet.com search for "vendetta sc".

* for some reason the direct link to the detta sc won't work so I just posted their home page.
Old 05-31-2010, 03:56 PM
nlsolja26

I bought mine from rc planet a few days ago, but I guess there's a back order or something so it still hasn't shipped. but I can't wait! I'm going to salvage what's left of my detta st to use on the sc. like my old permax motor and mamba esc.

I'm going to stick with the stock set up for a little while though, but wanted to switch to deans connectors. will that void the warranty if something happens to the esc or motor?
Old 05-31-2010, 07:58 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

A nice choice. My favorite rc

I doubt that they would void the warranty for a deans connector. But its always best to ask first.

If your leaving it stock, I would just solder the motor to the esc direct and be done with it. Deans proably isnt going to help that much with stock connector.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ki20699.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1445997   Click image for larger version

Name:	nk27854.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	1445998  
Old 11-07-2012, 08:08 PM
Tonehouseny

Where can I find a place to purchase a complete aluminum upgrade kit for my vendetta sc, such as all the suspension arms, I want to upgrade all my internal plastic drive gears for metal, I haven't broken anything on mine yet but parts are becoming scares I wana beef it up before I can't get parts anymore. Also if I can't find parts direct for my sc are upgrade parts from buggy the stadium truck or touring car parts a fit to my short coarse truck?