Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

redcat racing 1/24 sumo bodies

Ive got all my friends running redcat sumo's there a blast in the house on the cold days and pretty fast but the problem i have is there is only 4 differnt bodies so they all look alike anybody got any suggestions on another body that i can get to replace my stock body so that i stand out?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: redcat racing 1/24 sumo bodies

ORIGINAL: knorris05882

Ive got all my friends running redcat sumo's there a blast in the house on the cold days and pretty fast but the problem i have is there is only 4 differnt bodies so they all look alike anybody got any suggestions on another body that i can get to replace my stock body so that i stand out?
    I count 5 different bodies for the sumos....1 buggy, 2 trucks and 2 truggy ones.

maybe the losi trekker body would fit? Or a 1/18 scale crawler body?
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya j know about the buggy and the trucks and truggy's i want somethibg different u think any 24 scale will work just have to drill new holes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: knorris05882

Β*Ya j know about the buggy and the trucks and truggy's i want somethibg different u think any 24 scale will work just have to drill new holesΒ*
    maybe.
    problem with "scale" is not all models are the same. for instance, the slash is 1/10 scale....but is the size of most 1/8 scale models. Traxxas considers it 1/10 scale of the actual trucks.
    Same can be true for smaller models. One toy or rc called 1/24 isnt nessesarally the same as another.

And I cant think of other hobby grade models that are the same size, other than the losi 1/24...and those bodies are supposed to be scale and have wheel wells much to small for sumo tires to fit.

I know many find toy grade models which they take the bodies off and mount them on the losi mini and micro crawlers. maybe you could do the same?
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok thanks I will check into that I just recently became a redcat dealer also and I've searched and searched but do they make a clear body for te sumos?