Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

redcat racing 1/24 sumo bodies

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 09:00 PM
knorris05882

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat racing 1/24 sumo bodies

Ive got all my friends running redcat sumo's there a blast in the house on the cold days and pretty fast but the problem i have is there is only 4 differnt bodies so they all look alike anybody got any suggestions on another body that i can get to replace my stock body so that i stand out?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:09 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: redcat racing 1/24 sumo bodies

ORIGINAL: knorris05882

Ive got all my friends running redcat sumo's there a blast in the house on the cold days and pretty fast but the problem i have is there is only 4 differnt bodies so they all look alike anybody got any suggestions on another body that i can get to replace my stock body so that i stand out?
I count 5 different bodies for the sumos....1 buggy, 2 trucks and 2 truggy ones.

maybe the losi trekker body would fit? Or a 1/18 scale crawler body?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:22 PM
knorris05882

Ya j know about the buggy and the trucks and truggy's i want somethibg different u think any 24 scale will work just have to drill new holes
Old 11-27-2012, 06:47 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: knorris05882

Ya j know about the buggy and the trucks and truggy's i want somethibg different u think any 24 scale will work just have to drill new holes
maybe.
problem with "scale" is not all models are the same. for instance, the slash is 1/10 scale....but is the size of most 1/8 scale models. Traxxas considers it 1/10 scale of the actual trucks.
Same can be true for smaller models. One toy or rc called 1/24 isnt nessesarally the same as another.

And I cant think of other hobby grade models that are the same size, other than the losi 1/24...and those bodies are supposed to be scale and have wheel wells much to small for sumo tires to fit.

I know many find toy grade models which they take the bodies off and mount them on the losi mini and micro crawlers. maybe you could do the same?
Old 11-27-2012, 07:12 PM
knorris05882

Ok thanks I will check into that I just recently became a redcat dealer also and I've searched and searched but do they make a clear body for te sumos?