Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini recon shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 12:08 PM
amtrainz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini recon shocks

Can some please refer me to some aftermarket shocks for a hpi mini recon.
As you may know mine measure 2.5" overall. Center to center they are 62mm.
Ive read that the rear rc18t shocks will fit.
Thx

Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Mini recon shocks

http://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/Mega...mtpt-mp112.htm

as the recon is a re-labeled megapro with a tiny chassis modification(only the megapro motor mount doesn't fit) those should be perfect. No idea how good they are, the other alum parts I got on mine seem well made though so if they are anything like the rest they should be good.

also if a part breaks they are way cheaper than HPI on parts 99% of the time. I ordered the aluminum upgrade kit off them, and it came FAST.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 AM
amtrainz

Wow no kidding. Thank you so much. Do you use those shocks. This whole time I've been trying to find shocks of the same length. It appears the rc18 shocks may work also. Yes?
Thank you
Old 02-01-2013, 07:27 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

don't use them as I've only ran my recon 2-3 times before I did more damage then it was worth(if I bought HPI replacement parts).

I've repaired it with the alum kit for the pro-pulse(how I know everything but the motor mount fits perfectly), and some RPM parts that I modded to fit, but been kinda scared to run it since as I think I need a new steering servo, and since I got a RC18b(IMO vastly superior vehicle durability wise), and honestly it isn't a high priority on my chart.

Now as for the RC18 shocks I can say for certain the front shocks on the RC18b are shorter than the recons. The rears though look to be the same. I would be exact, but I misplaced my calipers
Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 PM
amtrainz

Thx for your help. I'm looking at some integy mini t shocks. From the specs they seem to be the same length. I'm Gonna keep my eye on the aluminum kit.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:06 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

word of advice don't touch integy stuff
Their stuff is mostly made for looks, only way I would recommend them is if you just wanted to make the truck look pretty for display.
My LHS actually stopped carrying all their products due to complaints from people that bought it. Hell remember hearing one of their workers warn a gut(prior to the new management) that he might as well flush his money down the toilet instead as it would save him time from putting the parts on, and replacing them after using the RC once.