Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Help with Losi mini 8ight lipo battery and charger

Hi everyone! I just came back to RC after awhile and it seems my Mini 8ight is working all fine, other than the servo being broken though. Anyways, I need your help to find a cheap and easy to use 2s lipo battery and QUICK charger for the mini 8ight. Is there such thing as that?

If there is how long will it usually take to charge the battery with the charger and maybe hopefully no switching and soldering another connector?

That's all I wanted to ask but can you also tell me if a 2s or 3s lipo battery would work even though I dont change the esc?
    So far I am thinking of getting the lipo batteries from Losi and then a quick charger but I'm still clueless about it since I just came back.

Thank you all!

P.S.
    Will this servohttp://www.amazon.com/Hitec-32225S-HS-225MG-Mighty-Servo/dp/B0006O3X7C work on the mini 8ight? I saw a video on it but again, not so sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Help with Losi mini 8ight lipo battery and charger

you could run just about any 2s lipo you wanted, the thing to pay attention to is the discharge rate and to compare the lipo you buy with the dimentions of the stock battery. as long as they are the same size it will fit no problem. as for a charger there are hundreds of lipo charger options. it all depends on what you want it to do, only charge lipos or nimh too, will it only charge at home or on the field or both. the options are endless. check out hobby king, or horizon hobby websites. or if you have a local hobby shop id stop by there and see what he has, might have something on hand, then bring your stock battery with you for size comparison.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Help with Losi mini 8ight lipo battery and charger

I second the local hobby shop, This way you can check fit etc before you buy.
    Tamiya cc01, AE RC18R, HPI Savage Flux XS, HPI E-Firestorm Flux.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    These batteries have worked great for me.
    http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...CT_Buggy_.html

I have heard that this charger works really well
    http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...cessories.html
    Race, bash, race, bash, have fun

I'm using the 2s lipo for the e-revo vxl and the primal charger. Both work great but I did strip the hell out of my spur gear and had to replace it with a steel one

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    as for cheap chargers, I got two of these and they seem to do a pretty bang up job as I charge NiMH too

iMax B6 Digital charger

I paid around 27 each in the UK