1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

I love my I love my 1/36 Scale Losi Micro Dessert Truck!

Reply
Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM
  #1
GBLynden
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 617
Default I love my I love my 1/36 Scale Losi Micro Dessert Truck!

This is an unboxing, review and run video I made a while back:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbVtGWU3o6E Here is a look at my Losi Desert Truck after a lot of time off and an aged Li-Po battery. It hasn't slowed down much at all to me!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XfYsfGGOH0
GBLynden is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:01 PM
  #2
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,761
Default

did they fix the abysmal range on the micro's? It sorta looks like it in the 2nd video or is that the optional board for 2.4ghz that costs almost as much as the RC?
Cause I have a 1/36th scale micro high roller(AM radio) that I got a few years back which I ran a grand total of 2 times as I got fed up with having to stand in the middle of my tiny as hell living room cause I would lose control of it when it was like 7-8 feet away...
I don't even know where I threw it as I was so disappointed with the purchase I wanted to forget all about it.

Last edited by SyCo_VeNoM; 01-08-2014 at 07:04 PM.
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:30 PM
  #3
GBLynden
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM View Post
did they fix the abysmal range on the micro's? It sorta looks like it in the 2nd video or is that the optional board for 2.4ghz that costs almost as much as the RC?
Cause I have a 1/36th scale micro high roller(AM radio) that I got a few years back which I ran a grand total of 2 times as I got fed up with having to stand in the middle of my tiny as hell living room cause I would lose control of it when it was like 7-8 feet away...
I don't even know where I threw it as I was so disappointed with the purchase I wanted to forget all about it.
The radio isn't a highlight for sure, but as you can see from the second video that the range is pretty good. It is the 27mhz AM radio, but as long as I have the antenna fully extended, it does what need it to do. There are some other 2.4GHZ micros that I am considering for a next vehicle that have tighter steering and better range, however.
GBLynden is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:41 AM
  #4
SyCo_VeNoM
 
SyCo_VeNoM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: chicago, IL
Posts: 12,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
The radio isn't a highlight for sure, but as you can see from the second video that the range is pretty good. It is the 27mhz AM radio, but as long as I have the antenna fully extended, it does what need it to do. There are some other 2.4GHZ micros that I am considering for a next vehicle that have tighter steering and better range, however.
Kinda shocked you got that range then like I said mine was absolutely terible, and actually put me off losi for a long time as they could release a product that poor. I know mine was not unique cause around the time I got it a few others on the board got them and reported similar issues. Back then I think the farthest one got was like 15 feet that I knew of without glitching
SyCo_VeNoM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:20 PM
  #5
GVMINIZ
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS
Posts: 7
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Good stuff, although I am more into Kyosho Mini-Z... I like those micro dessert trucks!
GVMINIZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:45 PM
  #6
GBLynden
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM View Post
Kinda shocked you got that range then like I said mine was absolutely terible, and actually put me off losi for a long time as they could release a product that poor. I know mine was not unique cause around the time I got it a few others on the board got them and reported similar issues. Back then I think the farthest one got was like 15 feet that I knew of without glitching
I would have been irrate in your situation. See my Beast3D video to get an idea lol I ordered two and both had major issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVMINIZ View Post
Good stuff, although I am more into Kyosho Mini-Z... I like those micro dessert trucks!
Thanks and they are a ton of fun
GBLynden is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 12:50 AM
  #7
GBLynden
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 617
Default

So I just made another video with this little beast comparing a new lipo vs an older one:

http://youtu.be/g5Mc9C873u0
GBLynden is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:59 PM
  #8
dacaur
 
dacaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: midvale, UT
Posts: 2,653
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM View Post
Kinda shocked you got that range then like I said mine was absolutely terible, and actually put me off losi for a long time as they could release a product that poor. I know mine was not unique cause around the time I got it a few others on the board got them and reported similar issues. Back then I think the farthest one got was like 15 feet that I knew of without glitching
Chances are your antenna is disconnected from the board, something not as uncommon as it should be. ... Did you ever contact losi about thus? They could have had you fixed up in two shakes, of if you are a decent hand at soldering, its an easy fix...
dacaur is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:39 AM
  #9
collector1231
Moderator
 
collector1231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: A place in a place.
Posts: 4,092
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Ugh, this thread title makes me want to get a bowl of ice cream... WHYYY!!??!
collector1231 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:21 PM
  #10
GBLynden
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 617
Default

A bowl of ice cream? lol I am not sure I follow, but it made me anyhow!

GB
GBLynden is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:20 PM
  #11
collector1231
Moderator
 
collector1231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: A place in a place.
Posts: 4,092
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Dessert? Desert? The S? Lol.
collector1231 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 08:32 PM
  #12
GBLynden
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 617
Default

LOL! Well now I feel silly....
GBLynden is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:45 PM
  #13
collector1231
Moderator
 
collector1231's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: A place in a place.
Posts: 4,092
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Lol, no problem.
collector1231 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:55 AM
  #14
GBLynden
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Lynden, WA
Posts: 617
Default

GBLynden is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:43 AM.