Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Rc 18mt questions

Hey guys, I just became a forum member so please excuse my lack of knowledge with this stuff. I just put a Fuze Dynamite 4500kv brushless system in my rc18mt and i had a few questions. 1. will i need metal diff gears if i run the truck on 3s 2. what is the best battery for my truck 3. what is the best web site to pick aftermarket parts such as conversion kits, bodies,wheels and tires ect... thanks for your help

Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Wouldn't run a 4500kv motor at 3s personally. I would stick with 2S

Now if you want a 2S battery recommendation I do have a RC18b that I use a 2S in, and the battery is pretty cheap(if in stock).

As for the diffs I'd ust replace em if they strip. No real point in going through the work. I used a 4800kv motor on 2S in my HPI recon which has a plastic diff, and the diff didn't strip(rest of the vehicle got totaled though, but the diff was still fine )
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Ok that sounds good to me. Could you give me the name and possibly the web address for the battery you are using for your 18b please. One more question, Does the plastic spur gear strip easily because my truck is starting to make a nasty noise when i give it full throttle while using the 1100 reedy nimh battery and that is what i suspect is going on, but iam not sure.
    Thank you for your response and help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-1550-2s1p.html one I have

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-1800-2s1p.html MIGHT fit as its measurements are almost the same(seems to be a tad taller though)

As for the spur look at it to see if its worn your gear mesh might be off, or something got in and chewed it up with how its unprotected(there is an aftermarket part that covers it). Could be your diff though you might have to take it apart to check it out.

Thank you for your help this is going to make my truck driving experience much better! Have a good one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    If you want aftermarket parts http://thetoyz.com/associated/rc18t/100/ Its where I got my spur gear cover. They have stronger spur gears of different tooth count too along with a pile of other things(although for some reason the SCx10 stuff is mixed in the RC18t section)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    My Model's
    HPI Firestorm 10T / E-Firestorm, Traxxas Stampede 4x4, OFNA CD3, Jammin CRT.5(Brushless), AE RC18MT, HPI savage octane