Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Kyosho Mini Inferno

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:04 AM
freshage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kyosho Mini Inferno

Hi everyone! First time on here, I used to have a Kyosho Inferno 7.5 back in the day, and recently my friends and I have decided to get back into RC for a laugh. As we have nothing else better to do in our late twenties!

I bought this little beast from eBay, it has yet to arrive, but I'm very excited to say the least!

Ebay link (scroll down)

I need a shell, rx and tx...

I'm currently bidding on a used Etronix Pulse. Although I'm open to all suggestions at this point on a tx + rx package. Apart from the silly trigger and wheel tx's... Just don't get on with them.

In terms of car, I like how many spares come with it, and also that most of the stuff is waterproof. Can I be cheeky and ask for some input on what can be changed to suit my main requirements? My friends and I will most likely hit dry dirt/grass on weekends, with some road tarmac thrown in (happy to change over wheel sets with different tyres to suit each terrain). So what tyres and have you would be best to invest in?

At this present in time, know that I'm a techy as a profession and know how these things go together. But I am so out of touch with what's what that you may as well treat me like a total school boy to this world.

Some of the things I want to do will need to be researched, but I want to 'strengthen' the car up, I want to be able to launch it from a jump on dirt and not worry about busting an arm on it. So I will likely be replacing the plastic arms for aluminium ones, the same goes for a few other bits and bobs. As the Inferno 7.5 was for ever breaking if I hit something.

In terms of shell, the original won't fit according to the advert, the pins are different. What can I do to resolve this? It it simply a case of fitting the proper towers or can I bodge the shell to fit? I need to order a wing and shell.

Finally, battery/motor, what is in the car, is it good? I want a sweet spot between speed and battery life. I don't need something insane, but I would like it to last a good 20 minutes.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:18 AM
Enzo142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you interested on an orion vortex mi 5300kv combo NIB?