Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Best place online to buy Dnano rc cars

Hello all,

So I'm new to the hobby and I think I found the rc cars I want. The Kyosho Dnanos. I like how small they are and I want to get a couple and build a track to race them.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can buy these guys online. Preferably with the transmitter so that I can race it out of the box. Yes I have searched online and found a few sites, but I don't have experience with any of these sites, so I figure someone who has experience with Dnano's would know where to go.

Also, there seems to be so many different variaties, does anyone know of a site that explains the differences between the different versions.

Thanks in advance and thanks a lot.

Is there anything comparable to the Dnano's?

At 1/43 size? not interested in bigger.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    At that scale there are not that many to choose from and the Kyosho Dnano's are hard to beat for the quality. There are several on ebay right now that you can bid on and are the best price (120~160) I have seen in a while but these are for the car kits only so you will need a 2.4Ghz radio. The standard kyosho one will run you about 80~100 bucks and if you get a starter kit it is the radio, battery and batt charger for the cars for about 150. Just search "kyosho dnano" in ebay and you will see the cars on the second page. For more detailed info you can hit up the tinyrc forums dedicated to the dnano:http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107

There used to be another brand called Epoch indoor racer that was a fully digital proportional car that ran on AM brand and was an excellent little car but these are rarer now and hard to come by. The best thing about them was that they were much cheaper.

Lastly Kyosho has another line of cars called the Lit that fit your scale preference and are on sale right now on their site for 70 bucks. A great digital proportional car as well that runs on AM band.
    http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/search....=-77&search=GO

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck in your 1/43 scale racing quest!

Quote Originally Posted by BovineD View Post
    At that scale there are not that many to choose from and the Kyosho Dnano's are hard to beat for the quality. There are several on ebay right now that you can bid on and are the best price (120~160) I have seen in a while but these are for the car kits only so you will need a 2.4Ghz radio. The standard kyosho one will run you about 80~100 bucks and if you get a starter kit it is the radio, battery and batt charger for the cars for about 150. Just search "kyosho dnano" in ebay and you will see the cars on the second page. For more detailed info you can hit up the tinyrc forums dedicated to the dnano:http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107

There used to be another brand called Epoch indoor racer that was a fully digital proportional car that ran on AM brand and was an excellent little car but these are rarer now and hard to come by. The best thing about them was that they were much cheaper.

Lastly Kyosho has another line of cars called the Lit that fit your scale preference and are on sale right now on their site for 70 bucks. A great digital proportional car as well that runs on AM band.
    http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/search....=-77&search=GO

Let me know if you have any questions and good luck in your 1/43 scale racing quest!

Thanks for the comment. Ya I really like the Dnano RC cars, the only thing is the price is steep. I understand that it costs for quality though. I will check out the Lit cars and that other forum. Thanks for the help and I'll post something when I decide on something.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by discoveringmypath View Post
    Thanks for the comment. Ya I really like the Dnano RC cars, the only thing is the price is steep. I understand that it costs for quality though. I will check out the Lit cars and that other forum. Thanks for the help and I'll post something when I decide on something.
    ya when I 1st saw a Dnano at my LHS I was like ooohh I want,clerk was like REALLY? saw price, and clerk said You do know that is without radio right? then I was like uuuhhhhhh... never mind.

Quality is one thing that is pure price gouging as no one else touches that scale, but then again most Kyosho things are priced pretty damn high
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I saw your other msg but I will ask you here: what is the end game here? Are you focused on 1/43 or 1/64 scale due to size or space limitations or costs? I think you said your goal was to get you and a few buddies setup with cars to race on a dedicated track is that correct? If so I would really recommend the regular miniZs. 4 of those at 150 a piece on a 200 dollar rcp track split 4 ways really is the way to go in my opinion but let me know more of your thoug process or or rationale.

I saw your other msg but I will ask you here: what is the end game here? Are you focused on 1/43 or 1/64 scale due to size or space limitations or costs? I think you said your goal was to get you and a few buddies setup with cars to race on a dedicated track is that correct? If so I would really recommend the regular miniZs. 4 of those at 150 a piece on a 200 dollar rcp track split 4 ways really is the way to go in my opinion but let me know more of your thoug process or or rationale.

Thanks for the comments. you have it right more or less. I don't have any friends that are into the hobby where I'm at, but I wanted to get a couple cars and a track myself. As far as the track goes, I'm going to build one. I'm pretty decent at building things, so that shouldn't be a problem. I do like the Mini-Z's and I was going to go with them, until I found the D-Nano. I think the smaller the better as far as RC cars goes.

My first though was that I want 1/64 size cars because the smaller the car the better and bigger the track I can make (garage is only so big...). I can't find anything that good at 1/64 size though; just cheap little RC cars. I want something with better quality and better steering.

I believe the Mini-z's are cheaper than the D-Nano's. So I'm torn between cheaper price and bigger car or higher price and smaller car. The size of the car will correlate to the size and layout of the track.

I'm leaning more towards D-nano's but they are pricey. I might only be able to buy 2 of them and hope that friends will want to get in on the hobby and get their own.

I appreciate any advice.

I noticed that the D-Nano's on Minirc.com are around $156 dollars. ON the Kyoshoamerica.com site they are around $180 to $220 ish. Why such a big price difference? I started this thread because I wan'ted to get some advice from people who have experience with the D-nano rc cars.

Another question, is there a better or cheaper place to get the transmitter? On MiniRC.com it is $128. With the car and transmitter I'm looking at $300 roughly after tax...

Thanks!

I'm so new to the hobby, I'm not that comfortable buying these cars on E-bay.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    well as the price fluxuations sometimes its due to the body on the vehicle.
    I can't give a micro scale example but in 1/10th scale the TT01e you can get it from $130 to $180, and the only difference is the body. Some places charge more to license the body looks then others I guess. Its like this with a few RC's that I know are part for part identical outside the shell.
    With great speed comes greater repair bills.
    Click on My models to see some of what I own. Eventually will add the rest

Quote Originally Posted by SyCo_VeNoM View Post
    well as the price fluxuations sometimes its due to the body on the vehicle.
    I can't give a micro scale example but in 1/10th scale the TT01e you can get it from $130 to $180, and the only difference is the body. Some places charge more to license the body looks then others I guess. Its like this with a few RC's that I know are part for part identical outside the shell.

Well on the MiniRC website most cars are $156. and the same cars are anywhere from $180 to $220 on the KyoshoAmerica website. When I'm comparing these prices I'm talking about the same vehicles, just different places to purchase them. I'm wondering how the MiniRC can charge less than the actual company that produces them?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks for the comments. you have it right more or less. I don't have any friends that are into the hobby where I'm at, but I wanted to get a couple cars and a track myself. As far as the track goes, I'm going to build one. I'm pretty decent at building things, so that shouldn't be a problem. I do like the Mini-Z's and I was going to go with them, until I found the D-Nano. I think the smaller the better as far as RC cars goes.

My first though was that I want 1/64 size cars because the smaller the car the better and bigger the track I can make (garage is only so big...). I can't find anything that good at 1/64 size though; just cheap little RC cars. I want something with better quality and better steering.

I believe the Mini-z's are cheaper than the D-Nano's. So I'm torn between cheaper price and bigger car or higher price and smaller car. The size of the car will correlate to the size and layout of the track.

I'm leaning more towards D-nano's but they are pricey. I might only be able to buy 2 of them and hope that friends will want to get in on the hobby and get their own.

I appreciate any advice.

I noticed that the D-Nano's on Minirc.com are around $156 dollars. ON the Kyoshoamerica.com site they are around $180 to $220 ish. Why such a big price difference? I started this thread because I wan'ted to get some advice from people who have experience with the D-nano rc cars.

Another question, is there a better or cheaper place to get the transmitter? On MiniRC.com it is $128. With the car and transmitter I'm looking at $300 roughly after tax...

Thanks!

Okay then it really depends on how much you can convince your friends to spend which is exactly what I ended up doing because if you do not get at least 3 together it will not be worth it. MiniZs at the time made more sense because you got everything you needed (car plus radio) for 120-150 which was perfectly acceptable for my friends that I got together for this. The only think you needed extra were AA and AAA batteries. From there we built PVC pipe tracks on carpet and then upgraded to a 2 Wide L RCP track which is what we currently run our MiniZs on:

http://imgur.com/NBDBiGX

Buying/building a track is actually more important than the cars if you ask me as it is much easier to get friends to jump in when there is a competitive aspect to it otherwise you are just freewheeling around with no objective so make sure you get that together first as it will let you know what size cars you will have the most fun with and that there will be something for you to do with others right off the bat.

I would still say go for the MiniZs because even at 1/28th scale you can still use a track that will fit in a garage/outdoor smooth surface area. With the Dnanos of course you can get away with a smaller surface area but to be honest the cost is just too much to ask for trying to entice new people to it especially since you can pretty much only buy them online and the MINIMUM price you need to get equipped is around 300. Also keep in mind that is with ONE custom battery good for about 20 mins of runtime and extra battery packs are 25 bucks whereas the MiniZs will give you close to an hour of runtime with 4 AAA batts. Nothing more of a buzzkill then sitting around waiting for batteries to charge. Also I forgot to ask but do you have a local hobby shop near you and do they stock MiniZs?

IF cost is really a big deal and you want to take a better lithmus test of who among your friends will be bitten by the RC bug I would say just start with cheaper bit-char-g/microsizer kits (35-40 bucks on eBay) and see who gets drawn in but even these are harder to find these days. And dont worry about buying from ebay as long as it is from a seller with a lot of previous sales. I can personally vouch for a few sellers so if you are looking at some and want some guidance post here and I can provide some feedback on some sellers.

Okay then it really depends on how much you can convince your friends to spend which is exactly what I ended up doing because if you do not get at least 3 together it will not be worth it. MiniZs at the time made more sense because you got everything you needed (car plus radio) for 120-150 which was perfectly acceptable for my friends that I got together for this. The only think you needed extra were AA and AAA batteries. From there we built PVC pipe tracks on carpet and then upgraded to a 2 Wide L RCP track which is what we currently run our MiniZs on:

http://imgur.com/NBDBiGX

Buying/building a track is actually more important than the cars if you ask me as it is much easier to get friends to jump in when there is a competitive aspect to it otherwise you are just freewheeling around with no objective so make sure you get that together first as it will let you know what size cars you will have the most fun with and that there will be something for you to do with others right off the bat.

I would still say go for the MiniZs because even at 1/28th scale you can still use a track that will fit in a garage/outdoor smooth surface area. With the Dnanos of course you can get away with a smaller surface area but to be honest the cost is just too much to ask for trying to entice new people to it especially since you can pretty much only buy them online and the MINIMUM price you need to get equipped is around 300. Also keep in mind that is with ONE custom battery good for about 20 mins of runtime and extra battery packs are 25 bucks whereas the MiniZs will give you close to an hour of runtime with 4 AAA batts. Nothing more of a buzzkill then sitting around waiting for batteries to charge. Also I forgot to ask but do you have a local hobby shop near you and do they stock MiniZs?

IF cost is really a big deal and you want to take a better lithmus test of who among your friends will be bitten by the RC bug I would say just start with cheaper bit-char-g/microsizer kits (35-40 bucks on eBay) and see who gets drawn in but even these are harder to find these days. And dont worry about buying from ebay as long as it is from a seller with a lot of previous sales. I can personally vouch for a few sellers so if you are looking at some and want some guidance post here and I can provide some feedback on some sellers.
    Where can I buy Mini-Z's for 120 to 150 with the radio included? Mini-Z's does seem like the logical choice. And a cheaper price would help to convince friends to join in and get their own car. At $150 a pop I could get 3 myself as well.

I'm going to Dallas tomorrow so I'm going to browse the local RC shops. My local town doesn't have a RC hobby shop of any kind. Radio shack is about the best we have here. Anyways, thanks for the feedback and the help. I have been struggling with what to get. Now I just want to get some so I can play with them and build a track.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Where can I buy Mini-Z's for 120 to 150 with the radio included? Mini-Z's does seem like the logical choice. And a cheaper price would help to convince friends to join in and get their own car. At $150 a pop I could get 3 myself as well.

I'm going to Dallas tomorrow so I'm going to browse the local RC shops. My local town doesn't have a RC hobby shop of any kind. Radio shack is about the best we have here. Anyways, thanks for the feedback and the help. I have been struggling with what to get. Now I just want to get some so I can play with them and build a track.
    The mini-z lineup has some beginner/entry level ready to race kits called Mr-02 I-series and Mr-03 Sports series and the older AM band kits that you should be able to find for that price. I found an Mr-02 series with an AM radio from amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Mini-Z-Racer-M...3R9YBKJ6X0R4PR

And the newer 2.4ghz Mr-03 sports series:

http://www.amazon.com/Kyosho-MR-03S-...VFG203H7SX6VET

If you are iffy about the eBay sellers then amazon will be safe to buy from of course. Both these kits are perfect for beginners and in the price range you are looking for.