Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/16 e-revo with 1/10 tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 PM
scrc28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/16 e-revo with 1/10 tires

I have the 1/16 revo vxl and I have a set of 1/10 blitz wheels (4.5 inches tall) and I put them on my e-revo and it looks awesome. I'm afraid of burning something up though being a bigger wheel and all. I was thinking of getting the smallest pinion I could find and the biggest spur gear to counter the tire size. Any recomendations on pinion/spur sizes? And any other problems I might have?
Old 04-01-2014, 02:18 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Those tires will put a lot of strain on the drive train and diffs, which break easily. To get some 2WD SC wheels/tires that are light enough to fit on there, try these; http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c00-15520-blue.html

They have no foams in them and are even lighter than the stock tires.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:36 PM
scrc28

Do you know how tall they are? looks like they would get pretty good traction. I'm just looking for something to make it taller. I ordered a shim kit for both diffs. Also I've bin told numerous things about the diffs. People were telling me to put dif oil in the bulkhead itself but that doesn't seem right. I've just bin changing the actual dif oils and just putting a little grease in the bulkhead. Went through 3 sets of gears in about 2 months. Running on 2s. Just the rear dif is stripping. I'm hoping the shims will help