Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Losi mini 8ight Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:07 AM
Enzo142

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi mini 8ight Question

Hello all, I m kinda new with electric buggies and i need you to help me understand how they work.
I recently bought a losi mini 8ight and i upgraded with the mamba micro pro esc and the 0808 5300Kv motor. I m using a turnigy 1600mah 2s battery with XT60 connectors. I have a 12t motor gear and a 58t spur gear.
I did the calibration and all but the buggy is not that crazy fast or crazy acceleration like i see on different videos on youtube. My transmitter is an Ansman W5 with the micro receiver (cheap one).
My question is. If i change my transmitter to a Spektrum DX3c will it go faster? Does it matter what kind of receiver i have in order to have better acceleration and better top speed ?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:32 PM
flipside7

Generally speaking, no. Sometimes the polarity of the esc and the polarity of bl motor are reversed. Here there would be faster speeds in reverse. Just switch two wires on the motor, then reverse the throttle channel ch. 2

my two cell m8 goes about 35 mph, for a reference. Stock gears.
Old 05-10-2014, 12:11 AM
Next edition

Look into what theyre using seems quite low geared try a bigger pinion like a 20t,I get what you mean by quiet which is why im registered with ultimaterc and rctech aswell so then you can ask on all 3 sites and check replies.
Old 05-11-2014, 11:48 AM
flipside7

does the chassis roll free, with little resistance? If it has resistance, or is noisy, check the gear mesh, and the whole drivetrain.
if the esc is programmable, maybe its a setting on that.
is the slipper tight? Is the pinion slipping?
if theres noise, check your diffs, and pinion mesh.

If all these check out, its the electronics, go to a hobby shop, most can help narrow which electric component it is.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:54 AM
Enzo142

Ok i got the DX3C Spektrum Trans and it solved the problem. Now i have better acceleration with the 12 pinion gear and 62 spur gear. Faster respond of the gas and servo. I wasnt looking for top speed really , and now with the 2s lipo has crazy acceleration , i m looking forward to a 3s lipo.