Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

losi micro bl sct lower kv motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 PM
josh h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default losi micro bl sct lower kv motor

Hey yall, a friend of mine has the losi micro sct brushless converted to the truggy. I've been running it around and noticed that it cas some cogging issues at real slow speeds and hardly any torque. Is there a lower kv motor that can be installed without moding anything and still use the losi speed control? I'v been searching but all I can find is motors that you have to mod the mount and says nothing about running with the stock esc.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:52 PM
Dialed_In

Cogging could also be a weak battery or a ruined motor that got too hot from negligence.

AFAIK to use an aftermarket motor you will need to mod the motor mount. Fortunately it isn't that difficult. Check out #4 in this tutorial for a few ways on how to mod the mount. http://www.microtforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=21711

The 5300kv 12mm motor at hobbyking is a decent motor for the 1:24 Losi micros. Keep in mind that a lower kv will have more torque and a lower top speed so you may need to change your gearing.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:19 PM
josh h

Well more torque and less speed is what this thing needs. It never gets to any more than about 3/4 max speed where it's ran at. And it is pretty nutless down low. Needs more snap off the line and less speed. Will that HK motor bolt up without mods?
Old 07-13-2014, 12:03 AM
Dialed_In

Originally Posted by josh h
Well more torque and less speed is what this thing needs. It never gets to any more than about 3/4 max speed where it's ran at. And it is pretty nutless down low. Needs more snap off the line and less speed. Will that HK motor bolt up without mods?
The motor I linked to is longer so you may need to relocate the on off switch.

You will also need connectors for the motor and esc. We usually use 2mm bullet connectors but I'm not sure how well they will fit in the stock chassis.

You will also need to modify the motor mount using one of the methods in the link I posted. As far as mods go it's pretty easy.