Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Please help my ESC is going crazy.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 12:13 AM
Tflyvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help my ESC is going crazy.

So basically I ran the car all day because I just got it, heres what the ESC is doing...

http://youtu.be/OTbS4P1poAw

ok so now I really messed it up. It is still the EXACT same as in the video, except I messed around in some sort of menu that didn't change anything (as far as I can see). Based on the video can you tell me;
1: WHAT IS THE PROBLEM???
2: How can I completely rest to factory default the ESC, even if that isn't the problem?

Last edited by Tflyvt; 08-10-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Dialed_In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing you hold in your hand is the transmitter. It transmits signals to the receiver which is the component at the top of the screen in your video. ALWAYS turn on the transmitter before plugging in the car battery and turning on the esc (electronic speed control) switch. When your finished running ALWAYS turn off the esc first, unplug the car battery and lastly turn off the transmitter. This is for your safety and the safety of others.

Look for troubleshooting codes in your manual. The blinking lights are trying to tell you something. Correct that fault and try again.

Zero the throttle (TH) trim on your transmitter and try it again.

If you have a multimeter carefully check the voltage of the lipo. It should be 8.4 volts when fully charged. Do not short the multimeter leads together because you could damage the lipo or cause a fire!

Try new batteries in the transmitter.

At this point I would find the transmitter/receiver binding instructions in the manual and rebind them together.

I would find the esc calibration instructions and re-calibrate the esc. These instructions should mention throttle, neutral and brake.Follow the instruction exactly!

Once I did that I would look into the esc programming and make sure that it was programmed to use 2s lipo for the lvc (low voltage cutoff). I'm assuming your using a 2s lipo.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:24 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure all servo connections into the receiver are in the correct numbered positions and that none of them are plugged in backwards.
After reading the manual, I would follow the binding procedure outlined on page 9 and double check all connections.
http://www.himotoracing.com/manual/1-18_E18.pdf
Once the transmitter and receiver are properly bound you should have control of the steering servo.
If you turn the wheel of the TX and the steering servo/wheels don't turn then either the system is not bound properly or you have
a servo connector plugged in backwards .
As far as the ESC, the manual does not outline led flash codes. When everything is connected properly and the TX & RX are bound properly
the ESC led should turn solid.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:08 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Center your radios trim
when you showed the radio in the video the trim knob looked like it was turned.
ESC's will not arm if the radio isn't at neutral when its turned on, and generally will blink like that.
If that doesn't do it then you will have to find that ESC's manual to see if you can find the calibration steps