Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Volcano 1/18 Motor

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 08:18 PM
RubyKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano 1/18 Motor

I'm here now newbie in RC car. My Volcano 1/18 burn the motor after 3 time play. There's no part for it in my country so I bough a same motor to replace. The problem here, the new motor faster than the oiginal, (it code name 540, the original is 370). So, can I reprogram the ESC to down motor speed ? If yes, how to ?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you may have issues other than speed.
the 540 motor (refers to size of the motor) is larger in and should also draw more amps. doing so may exceed the amount of amps the ESC can provide.

Unless you have also replaced the ESC, then ignore the above statement.

if you have replaced the ESC, then youd have to check the ESCs manual.

If you are running the original ESC (again, your new motor may be more than it can handle) then the answer is no, that ESC doesn't have a setting that will limit the speed.

However, if you are looking to limit the speed because the truck is for a young person, many have simply used electrical tape to place something behind the throttle trigger. This will prevent the youngster from moving the trigger to full throttle. use whatever small object you need to allow the throttle trigger to move 75 or 80% before hitting the object and use the tape to secure it there.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:46 PM
RubyKid

Thanks for your advanced,nitrosportsandrunner

I've changed the motor to 450 motor for decrease the speed, it's ok now.
I'm now using the original Rx/ESC (2in1), and there was another problem since unboxed the car. After play 1-2 minute, the car was out of control, it run itself at the max speed and only stop when crash something. I try to change the Throttle trim from 0 to maximum step by step but nothing change, the car still out of control.
What's happen with my car ? Can I fix this problem ? Tell my how, thanks.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:02 AM
Beamie

Reread NitroSportsandRunner post again. It still applies.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:09 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RubyKid
Thanks for your advanced,nitrosportsandrunner

I've changed the motor to 450 motor for decrease the speed, it's ok now.
I'm now using the original Rx/ESC (2in1), and there was another problem since unboxed the car. After play 1-2 minute, the car was out of control, it run itself at the max speed and only stop when crash something. I try to change the Throttle trim from 0 to maximum step by step but nothing change, the car still out of control.
What's happen with my car ? Can I fix this problem ? Tell my how, thanks.
does the ESC/rx smell funny? It sounds like it overheated and shorted out. Most of the time a RC out of control is either due to the speed control or receiver (or radio) shorting out.

Im not sure what 450 motor you used, but it is possible that even though the car was slower with it, that it was drawing More amps from the ESC than the stock motor. It may have exceeded the amp rating for the ESC. do you have a link to the 450 motor? That is not a common size for ground RC's...more common I think for airplanes.

One quick test you can try which could rule out another possible reason is to unplug the steering servo from the receiver and then turn the truck on (with wheels off the ground) If the truck no responds to throttle commands then the servo is bad. I have not had a bad servo cause a truck to go full speed...but I have had a bad servo cause my radio to be glitch very badly. It only takes a few moments to test to see if the servo is the cause.

You could also check your manual to see if it says anything about "radio binding". I forget if those radios bind themselves or if you can do it yourself. If you can do it yourself, follow the process in the manual. Every once in a while you get a 2.4ghz radio stop communicating with the receiver...and re-binding the radio to the receiver will fix the problem.

I fear though that larger motor killed your esc.