Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Mini Monster Baja upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 06:09 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Mini Monster Baja upgrades

Finally got around to doing some work on the mini.
Added a brushless motor, I have had it so long I forget what it is. Pretty sure its a Turnigy 2835 3900kv. Squeezed in like a sardine.
60t spur, its for a mini t but fits perfect.
Castle Sidewinder Micro.
Turnigy 1.6ah lipo, this probably had a lipo in it when it was new, but when I got bought it used there was just a cheap nimh battery with it.
Pair of new servos from hobbyking. One of the originals had stripped out (common issue). Unfortunately the replacements were slightly larger but dremelled out the chassis and made them fit. Still seems to have an issue keeping center though. I did add an aluminum GPM tie rod to help with the steering. It is crisper but still not holding center. Could just be that the servos I bought are cheap?
And replaced a broken front shock tower.

Well it flys now. Everything staying cool.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	mmb brushless.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	452.5 KB
ID:	2090087  
Old 04-19-2015, 05:10 PM
kistner

doh, lost the pinion today. Might have to grind a flat spot for the grub screw or at least put some loctite on it.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:25 PM
kistner

Found the pinion, got it all back together and running great. Until my kid comes over and says it has a problem. One of the servos is twitching like crazy; motor came loose and is missing a securing bolt; and one side of the GPM tie rod came loose, bushing gone, screw gone. GRRR The motor was rather hot, might put a fan on it when I get it all together again.

And I cant find a new set of body mounts (reasonably priced that is).
Old 10-21-2015, 06:12 PM
dacaur

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In case you didnt know, the mini monster baja is just a mini LST2 with different tires, body, and a lipo battery, so that might help when looking for parts... My mini monster baja is sitting about 8 feet from me, but is down due to broken servos.... I will fix it one day, or maybe just sell it..... The body posts are part # LOSB0912, here is a set http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3714577...chn=ps&lpid=82
Old 10-21-2015, 06:38 PM
kistner

Thanks. I did get a set. At the time there werent any cheap ones. And i havent reassembled it yet. Bought a bigger (and hopefully better) servo to go with just one instead of the pair. But like I said, nothing is installed. Coaching two soccer teams leaves no time for my rcs. But season over in a week and a half!