Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

My first 1/18 scale the RC18t2

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 05:34 PM
AJ DRAGON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first 1/18 scale the RC18t2

Hi

It's been a while since I last posted on RCU. I recently got a RC18T2/B2 kit and i enjoyed putting it together, there where a few problems that I came a cross. One being the tight front drive belt, I did alot of reading on this problem but nobody seemed to have any real sulutions to fixing this and I was woried that I might be burning up motors left and right. But after a lot of searching I did find one or two postes on the net that stated that there is a break-in period for the drive belts, I was glad to hear that, unfortunetlly they did not say how long the break-in period was. I also read that there is a good chance of burning up your BL Motor during the break-in peried, luckly I have a chance to get a rc18mt RTR for really cheap and I think I will use that motor and ESC for the break-in period.

The second problem that I came across was how tight the steering was, this was a simple fix all I had to do was shave down the material on the top of the steering bell cranks. After that they moved nice and freely!

The third problem is the Ball cup's, at least a third of them are way to tight when you put them on the ball joints, causing every thing to bind up and not move smoothly. The solution is simple, buy more ball cup's and use the ones that work right.

The forth and final problem is the Dog Bones, well not really the dog bones but the springs that hold the bone in place. I found that the spring are way to stiff, and because of that the swing arms and drive system where not moving smoothly. The solution to this was also very simple to fix "at least for me" and that was to get the MIP CVD. The CVD do not you those springs, and once the springs were gone, everything moved so much better.

Now with all of these problems put together someone might think the rc18t2 & rc18b2 are piece's of garbage, after I first assembled it I was thinking that too. But after taking the time to look everything over I could see the problems and from there I fixed them. Mind you I still have to do the break-in period but besides that this car is starting to look good again.

I am new to these 1/18 scales so I do have a couple of questions!

What are some good On & Off road tires, and what tires will fit on the stock rims Other then the AE tires.

I won't to get a steering servo and I was wondering if this is a good servo?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXENPY&P=0
Old 10-04-2015, 06:03 PM
MikeinTurlock

Don't go with the Hitec servo if you are running a associated radio, the are not compatible
Old 10-19-2015, 01:12 PM
AJ DRAGON

Hi

I gave up on this kit, I kept burning up motors and it turned out that there is no brake in period. The belts will stretch for a short amount of time but after 2 or 3 days they will go back to normal size.