1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Replacement ESC for MLST with stock dual-brushed motors.

Old 12-26-2015, 11:28 PM
HangGlide

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Replacement ESC for MLST with stock dual-brushed motors.

Can anyone recommend a replacement for the stock ESC on a Mini-LST? I have had this truck in storage for quite some time because of thermal protection problems. Every time I get past 3/4 throttle the ESC shuts down and I have to wait 5 or so seconds before it will work again. I can limp around at 1/2 throttle for a full battery, but what fun is that? This truck has the stock dual-brushed motors, and I really don't want to invest any more than I have to to get the truck to run reliably.

Will the MSC2000RB work as a replacement for the stock ESC? It looks to have a much bigger heat sink.

I am also looking at the Associated XPS Micro Size ESC RC18T as a possibility, but not sure about the compatibility.
Old 01-02-2016, 04:22 PM
dacaur

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Either of those should work, I doubt the truck pulls more than 15 amps... however, personally, there is no way in heck I would pay that much for last centurys tech (brushed) here is one for $20 http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__81500__Hobbywing_Quicrun_60A_2S_3S_Waterproof_Br ushed_ESC_for_1_10.html

But before that, what battery are you using? You could just be hitting lvc...
Old 01-17-2016, 12:58 PM
kistner
My Feedback: (10)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have a castle sidewinder micro in mine with one brushless motor, but the sidewinder does brushed motors too. Good bridge between old tech and new.