Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Parts interchange?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:30 PM
shuckymomo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts interchange?

I'm just getting back into the hobby again after 20+ years. My last car was the OG RC10. So, that tells you something!

Anyway, I just picked up the Dromida DB 4.18BL. I was wondering if you can use other manufacturers parts on this vehicle? i.e. Tires/wheels, but other switches too.

Thanks!

Last edited by shuckymomo; 05-25-2016 at 10:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 01:25 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

For tires and wheels, you can buy adaptors like so for 8mm to 12mm hex tires/wheels. Though if I were you, I would not go any bigger than meaty Mini E Revo tires for the sake of that car's driveline and motor.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...FdgGgQodhtsEpw
Old 05-30-2016, 04:43 PM
shuckymomo

That's it? Just tires and wheels? Anybody else? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 05-30-2016, 05:42 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Sadly man, yeah. Its a pretty unsupported chassis.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:35 PM
ajg596

Associated Rc18t linkages are interchangeable. Removes the flimsy all-plastic push rods in the front, also allows for toe adjustment. You have to use your old ends for swapping with the camber rods though. Allows you to use a wrench instead of having a completely rounded rod which makes adjusting a lot easier!

servo has a few swap options. I personally run the Towerpro MG90S metal gear servo. That way you feel safer about removing the servo saver to help the steering.

Turnigy Trackstar and Hobbywing systems I both run. Trackstar doesn't get nearly as hot as the Hobbywing but the Hobbywing dominates by far, as far as speed goes. Hobbywing 12t 18a on 2s can run with a 1/16 E-Revo on nimh, 3s should handle the mini e-revo on 2s. Castle also has a system that works, I've yet to try it.

T-Bone racing offers bumpers. They only market for two of the vehicles but I used BX bumpers on my MT by using longer screws.

Other than Dromida hop-up kits, and aluminum upgrades, Hot Racing offers some parts for them chassis wise.

Mini E-Revo batteries would be tight, but I think they'd work with the room provided for batteries.

Still searching for diff/drive line swaps to beef them up as that is a weak point. So far nothing was found without extreme modifications.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	86
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	2178363   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	1.41 MB
ID:	2178364   Click image for larger version

Views:	74
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	2178368   Click image for larger version

Views:	78
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2178369   Click image for larger version

Views:	77
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	2178370  

Last edited by ajg596; 08-26-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:08 PM
funxion

Same here i returned to the hobby 6 months ago and it has been a blast. My last car was a Losi Jrx2 from the 90s which regretably i sold on ebay. As fat as interchangable parts I am with the other guy and aluminum hub adapters and mini revo tires.

Last edited by funxion; 08-26-2016 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2016, 01:47 PM
jimjeep

Originally Posted by shuckymomo
That's it? Just tires and wheels? Anybody else? Bueller? Bueller?
Dromida is probably not the OEM of this product. It is being sold under at least four major names & a couple of other oddball names out there. Depending on the name it is sold under there are different upgrades availiable from each of the different selling companies. There are several different power & electrical systems, bodies, wheels, tires, drive-line, and suspension components availiable. There are aluminum parts, and even suspension arms of much stronger plastic. Unfortunately, I haven't seen stronger differentials offered for these yet, Which is the tough spot for most vehicles in the mini scale range. Other than that they are speedy, durable, and upgrade-able. I work in the industry, so I am not at liberty to state the other sellers names out there, But just look closely at the chassis pics of the different sellers vehicles to find them. Good luck and have fun!