Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Slash 4x4 1/16

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 09:20 AM
buddha9109

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slash 4x4 1/16

Hey all, brand new to the forum. I just purchased a Slash 1/16 and am wanting to hear what some good upgrades are for it. I thought it was a full size Slash but unfortunately it isn't. Bad eBay buying on my part... I am wanting to do the Revo conversion most likely just to give it a better look and get some bigger wheels/tires on it. I am new to the electric RC world so any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 01-04-2017, 04:00 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Please do not bump old threads unless there is an active discussion.

Here is a list of parts that you need, taken from this thread. I'd also suggest buying a set of GPM wideners for the Mini E Revo. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPM-Aluminum...-/141967734822

A-arms Front - 7131
A-arms Rear - 7132
Push rod set - 7118
Toe links - 7138
Driveshafts - 7151
Wheels and tyres (2) - 7174A
Wing - 7122
Wing mount 7121
Bumper set - 7135
Old 01-05-2017, 08:24 AM
buddha9109

Sorry, just thought I'd see if anyone was still active on the thread..

What exactly do those wideners you suggested do? Just widen the stance a little? Also, do you id the Summit 1/16 arms will work on the Slash? Thanks
Old 01-06-2017, 08:14 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

No worries. Yeah, 25MM and it makes the world of a difference as far as handling goes. Yes, the 1/16 Stampede arms are the same as the 1/16 Revo arms.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:54 PM
mazpr

I was looking into one of those 1/16th, they seem cool at such small scale. BUT since the days of the Sportwerks Chaos I learned my lesson with blown diffs and broken dog bones. The little buggy was a blast with its super high torque (lol) .05 nitro engine. Since then I have stayed away from 1/14 or anything smaller. Like always I get that itch whenever new small rigs are released. I do go to youtube and watch a few clips of them.

So I ask, how is it so far? Is the truck durable? Have you had a chance to take it apart and look at the diffs?

I almost did the same thing the other day w the Slash, I thought it was a 1/10.
Old 01-15-2017, 12:17 PM
buddha9109

Originally Posted by mazpr
I was looking into one of those 1/16th, they seem cool at such small scale. BUT since the days of the Sportwerks Chaos I learned my lesson with blown diffs and broken dog bones. The little buggy was a blast with its super high torque (lol) .05 nitro engine. Since then I have stayed away from 1/14 or anything smaller. Like always I get that itch whenever new small rigs are released. I do go to youtube and watch a few clips of them.

So I ask, how is it so far? Is the truck durable? Have you had a chance to take it apart and look at the diffs?

I almost did the same thing the other day w the Slash, I thought it was a 1/10.

I really like it so far The only thing is that it seems like I spend more time going and flipping it over than playing with it. It is very unstable. But it has been very durable. The only thing I have broke so far is an axle carrier. I did buy the truck used so it could have been on it's way to break when I got it. I haven't had a chance to check out the differentials yet. I might be doing that this week since I have it all apart to start the Revo/Summit conversion. Mine has the brushed motor so too much torque or power is not an issue. I am wanting to go brushless eventually if I can afford it. But overall I am pleased with it. Very fun little truck!
Old 01-16-2017, 06:17 AM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I got a 1/16 revo second hand , first upgrade was to put some oil in the shocks !
They have a habit of leaking . Look for dirt / dust stuck to shocks or underneath them . You may need to rebuild them , or upgrade to Hot Racing aluminium shock bodies .
I'm pretty sure the springs are different as well Slash to Revo .
Old 01-17-2017, 06:00 AM
buddha9109

Yea my rear shocks are leaking for sure and I'm pretty sure they're out of oil lol. Haven't decided what route I want to take there.. Either rebuild the current ones, get some new stock ones, or go aluminum. All I know is that's it's no fun when I try to jump and the rear has no suspension so it pretty much flips every time haha.
I've heard that about the springs too. My slash has two different colored springs front to rear. One set has black lines on them and the other set has green. Need to do a little more research on that..