Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > 1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars
Reload this Page >

1/10 scale traxxas velenion system in 1/16 scale rc

Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/10 scale traxxas velenion system in 1/16 scale rc

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:39 AM
Gmpisawesome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/10 scale traxxas velenion system in 1/16 scale rc

Hello, I have an extra Velenion system and I was wondering if there was a way to put it in a 1/16 body. Always wanted to do that, but never thought it was possible. What are your thoughts? Thanks
Old 02-08-2017, 03:44 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

It is possible to do .
( The brushed version runs a 550 sized motor )
Youtube has some vids .
Old 02-08-2017, 03:48 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I should have said I never did it after researching it . Not much room for larger ESCs in that chassis !!!
Old 04-10-2017, 05:08 AM
Capone123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes use the brushed mm and fasten esc however you can. I've used sever setups. BE WARE! You will need to beef up EVERYTHING, shim your diffs add aluminum diff cases upgrade to cvds. Many people have admitted that in hindsight the 3800 system was almost as good and worth keeping installed. I did this big block project initially out of necessity. In my first month of this hobby I got a traxxas 1 16 rally on eBay. Price was good and the car was perfect but it was to low too unmanageable and to street. I let it sit for months and then learned it was just a revo in disguise. By this time I had 3500 systems so I began converting it into a revo. I added the big block and promptly blew up my front and rear diffs. Projects like this revo conversion will teach you a lot while soaking up time and money. I'm hooked!