1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Dromida bx 4.18

Old 04-30-2017, 12:50 AM
clay1726

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Dromida bx 4.18

I have done lots of work on this thing very happy with it. Going to the next level. Does anyone know what spur gears will work in this car other than a dromida spur gear. It can be any mod or pitch just want more options. Or a drive shaft that will allow different spur gears

Last edited by clay1726; 04-30-2017 at 12:53 AM. Reason: More info
Old 07-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Blak Majik

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Fyi.....

I'm currently modifying my Bx 4.18, preparing it for lift off........I have yet to find a spur/driveshaft option other than the factory aluminum upgrade, and also hot racing. I'm currently running a 9500kv brushless motor on 3s. I'll probably NEVER EVER be able to obtain a top speed rating, but I'm sure it'll be well over 70mph. Now u understand why I said I'm preparing it for liftoff. My advice to you though, is if you're going to "overpower" it, stick with the factory plastic spur since it will protect the entire drive train. Better to have to replace a spur instead of THE WHOLE DRIVETRAIN. Been there done that aaaaaaand wrote a book about it.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:00 AM
EXT2Rob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

"Been there, done that, aaaaaaand wrote a book about it." Ha! That's great. 😀
9500kv and 3S? Yikes! Where did you find a 3S pack that would fit in that little battery space?
Old 07-15-2017, 09:08 AM
Blak Majik

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default We have liftoff!!

I do a whole lot of shopping on Ebay, and I found that battery for like $20 so I ordered two of them and lifted off! They are actually Drone batteries but your local hobby shop should carry plenty of different size lipo's that will work. Just make sure your motor/battery/esc combo is compatible.........and GEAR DOWN!

Search this Thread