Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Help me please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 09:29 AM
supermes123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me please!!!

So I recently got myself back into the RC Hobby after getting my Dromida DB 4.18 (brushless) servo replaced...After driving it for a little bit, i noticed that when I turn left, the car will leave its tires slightly angled to the left, but it does not happen when I turn to the right and I normally have to turn the wheels back to the right after I turn them to the left to get them "straight" again...I messed with the trim, and it still happens. Also, when I go full-throttle, the car will pull to the left when the wheel is not moving...is that normal? I am also a new to the RC community. I supposed the wheels are loose and need an alignment (I am more of a car guy than an RC Car guy, so I assume car things). Would that be the case or is it something with the servo?
Old 03-13-2018, 10:58 AM
Igottabeme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Disconnect the servo steering link, turn the wheels full left, right and check for any binding. Check to make sure that the dogbone is not popping out of the axle cup on full travel left or right. One wheel not moving is a diif problem, a dogbone has broke, or a dogbone is popping out of the axle cup. One wheel not spinning and the other is the wheel that is spinning will push the rc to the side thats not. Make sure that a dogbone has not broke (all four wheels spin on throttle). Look at the steering rack pins to make sure they have not poped out of place. Check the axle cups for excessive wear (this can cause the dogbone to pop out).

Last edited by Igottabeme; 03-13-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:12 AM
supermes123

I do not know what any of those parts are...Do you think you can help me by sending me a link to show me what parts are what?
Old 03-13-2018, 11:39 AM
Igottabeme

Manuals should have come with your desert buggy

Check them out

Assembly guide
Click image for larger version

Name:	didc0055-assembly-guide.pdf
Views:	51
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	2259091

Exploded parts view
Click image for larger version

Name:	didc0055-evpl.pdf
Views:	52
Size:	990.5 KB
ID:	2259092

Dromida dogbone https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDVEG&P=ML
Dromida steering rack https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDVEH&P=7
Dromida axle https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDVEF&P=7

Last edited by Igottabeme; 03-13-2018 at 11:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:59 AM
supermes123

thanks for the help. Ill double check to make sure that they are secure and in the correct places.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:15 PM
supermes123

As I was looking, It appears everything is in place, BUT when I move the wheel (moving it across, not turning it) the front wheels will actually move with my hand. I think it just needs to be tightened.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:54 PM
Igottabeme

Have you checked to see if the wheel nuts are tight? Tighten up the the wheel nuts and try running it again. If the wheel does not trun with the wheel nut tight the dogbone is probably broken. When you turn the wheel by hand the dogbone should spin also. Again do all four wheels spin under power? If a dogbone is broke the wheel with the broken dogbone will not spin while running.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:53 PM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Another thing to do is check the servo saver . ( The springy thing between steering servo and steering linkage ) . Try tightening the screw on the front of it .
When hitting full throttle , the turning could be the diffs putting power to 1 wheel . Thicker diff fluid might help .
Old 03-13-2018, 04:59 PM
supermes123

Ok. hopefully friday I will get it fixed when i go with my grandpa to the new racetrack in Burleson Texas
Old 03-16-2018, 07:33 PM
vinmansbrew

You are putting WAY too much thought into this car. I have 2 of them and the steering has a ton of slop, no matter what you do with the stock system. There is an aftermarket system that you could get. Easiest thing would be to get an mg90 servo. Same size as stock, with metal gears. The gears are strong enough to ditch the servo saver, which helps a little bit. But with the stock system and connecting rods, it will ALWAYS have slop. Also, you cannot use diff fluid in these cars. They do not have sealed diffs. Just a light coating of plastic safe grease. Also, dismantle the car and clean/oil every bearing. You can get the manual, Click image for larger version

Name:	didc0055-assembly-guide.pdf
Views:	78
Size:	1.98 MB
ID:	2259486
Also, check your shocks, they are almost always not full from the store.