1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

1/36 Parts wanted - Losi Micro DT

Old 12-15-2018, 09:03 AM
drtvinp

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default 1/36 Parts wanted - Losi Micro DT

Hey all!

I have a 1/36 Losi micro Desert Truck and recently the pinion and slipper teeth finally ate each other and are useless. I decided to use this as an opportunity to upgrade the truck but did so without doing my usual research first (dumb, I know). I wound up replacing the slipper gear with aluminum, and then mounted a Tazer 7915Kv (DYNS1405) micro brushless motor with pinion. Both fit great, and then I noticed the three prong connector on the motor - this is when I started looking for other stuff and realized that everything is discontinued. Contacted horizon and they said to look on the internet for parts - yeah, no kidding.

So, if anyone has parts that would fit help me upgrade then let me know - or if you know where to go for compatible parts. Definitely need a new esc, not sure about the servo, but I imagine so?

I like this little truck and don't want to buy another one- especially after just having bought these parts. If it is fixable, then I want to fix it.

Any other advice is appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Big Alice

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

found this..Micro_Brushless_Conversion_Guide_v2.pdf if your truck has a receiver/speed control on one board you'll have to change everything.

Last edited by Big Alice; 12-19-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:30 AM
drtvinp

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Big Alice View Post
found this..Attachment 2263033 if your truck has a receiver/speed control on one board you'll have to change everything.
Thanks. I've seen that pdf - But finding any of those parts is what's killing me.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:12 AM
Premolar

Originally Posted by drtvinp View Post
Hey all!

I have a 1/36 Losi micro Desert Truck and recently the pinion and slipper teeth finally ate each other and are useless. I decided to use this as an opportunity to upgrade the truck but did so without doing my usual research first (dumb, I know). I wound up replacing the slipper gear with aluminum, and then mounted a Tazer 7915Kv (DYNS1405) micro brushless motor with pinion. Both fit great, and then I noticed the three prong connector on the motor - this is when I started looking for other stuff and realized that everything is discontinued. Contacted horizon and they said to look on the internet for parts - yeah, no kidding.

So, if anyone has parts that would fit help me upgrade then let me know - or if you know where to go for compatible parts. Definitely need a new esc, not sure about the servo, but I imagine so?

I like this little truck and don't want to buy another one- especially after just having bought these parts. If it is fixable, then I want to fix it.

Any other advice is appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!
it
Old 03-02-2019, 05:12 AM
Premolar

Default ....

Old 03-02-2019, 05:13 AM
Premolar

Old 03-02-2019, 05:13 AM
Premolar

Old 03-02-2019, 05:14 AM
Premolar