Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

NEU 1110/1y vs Castle motors 1/16 E Revo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 09:38 AM
iKayo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEU 1110/1y vs Castle motors 1/16 E Revo?

Hey everyone!

Can anyone recommend the NEU 1110/1Y vs the Castle Creations motors? For an ESC I am going with either the Mamba Max Pro or Mamba X.

The problem with the stock 380 is that it gets very hot, especially while using Lipo batteries. And I wanted to run a single 3s battery for good speed and torque. I have been reading a lot on the forums about these motors but these are posts from years ago.

I was hoping somebody could chime in and inform me of what is the current "best of the best" setup scenario in terms of a motor/ESC combo to date. Technology always gets better over time and from reading old posts it seems like the Castle motors or NEU motors were king.
Old 09-23-2019, 06:55 AM
seedygreenute

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I cant comment on those motors as I have not used them .
You are right , the stock motor does run a bit hot . A fan or heat sink will help a little .
Cutting out the windscreen and fitting mesh will help airflow over the motor .
One of the biggest problems with these is the lack of space to fit bigger / better ESC .
The Mamba X is way too big . The Mamba Max I have seen fitted but it sticks out from the chassis . Also seen it fitted inside the battery tray but you need to cut a big square hole for the fan to fit . You also lose a battery tray if you do it this way .
Hope this helps .
Old 10-07-2019, 07:50 AM
zedorda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found a wonderful combo on the cheap for my MERV(big block) that actually performs well. A GoolRC motor from amazon for $20USD and a spare SW3 SCT esc. I had to give up 1 battery bay to the esc but it handles 3s real well.

The motor pictured: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DBS3MQQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: I still haven't had to shim the diffs yet but it does have the bulkhead with the cross screw.

Last edited by zedorda; 10-07-2019 at 08:00 AM.