Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Vendetta SC upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2018, 11:32 AM
Josh_Br

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vendetta SC upgrades

Hi,
I have a Duratrax Vendetta SC I've been thinking of doing a couple upgrades to. There are two things on my mind right now:

1) I'd like to find some foam tires so I have the option of driving on a carpet track. I found some for the RC18R (John's BSR Racing part # BXRR4004), but I'm not sure whether they'd fit. The Vendetta has 6 mm wheel hexes. I can't find online what size the RC18R has. Also, I'm not sure if they'd be the correct offset. Does anyone know?

2) The steering linkage is a little sloppy and I'd like to get it tighter. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 01-26-2019, 07:57 AM
Stallracing

You can change the hex hubs to those from the buggy or ST. They are 12mm so finding touring car foams is easy.
Steering bellcrank bushings are terrible but you can replace them with 4x7x2.5mm bearings (you need 4).
Also, from trial and error, I found that traxxas latrax teton (1/18) driveshafts part# 7650 or the hot racing version are interchangeable for the SC or buggy. Duratrax driveshafts are getting really hard to find and are expensive. Hope this helps .
Old 01-28-2019, 03:50 AM
Josh_Br

That is great info, I appreciate it.