1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

current 1/18 cars/trucks

Old 03-27-2019, 01:18 PM
schmism

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default current 1/18 cars/trucks

I got bit by the RC bug about the same time as the introduction of the MiniT back in 2003. I own several of them as well as an RC18T. They are stuffed away in a box. I have been toying with the idea of getting them back out but noticed that being discontinued hopups ect are likely much more difficult to come buy today.

So the question is what is the current hotness in 1/18 -1/16 scale RC? I see the 1/16 mini Revo is still a thing however at a $300 price its not exactly the same kind of entry point as the ~$100 the miniT was back in the day.
Old 04-09-2019, 08:45 AM
GermanoPM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I own a 18311 1/18 Rc truck from banggood.
It's the best budget, I guess.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:02 AM
zedorda

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The brushed mini e-revo imo is a better and cheaper choice to the VXL imo. With the big block setup you get the option of running good brushed 540/550 motors or a full selection of 1/10th scale brushless systems. I currently run a GoolRC motor that was $20 USD on amazon with a Sidewinder 3 SCT esc I had spare.

The VXL version of the mini e-revo has a 380 brushless motor that tends to get hot on 3s.