Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Big Lots has Micro (1:64) RC Cars

Old 09-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Hobbysect
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Lots has Micro (1:64) RC Cars

I reallize that other sites already have this up but not here till now. They sell or sold for 6.99 and are really nice. I think they handle better than the RS Zip Zaps the run time is a lot longer due to the longer charge times, the remote uses 3 AAA instead of 2 AAA and there are sticks instead of nubs. Over all they, I beleive, are better than the older Zip Zaps. Too bad it took me this long to get them. My local Big Lots didn't receive them till about a couple of weeks ago.

Now my question is: has anyone modified them and with what parts? I have heard that the parts from MS or Bit CharG fit well. But what about bodies?

Thanks
Tony
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70208.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	64255   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25466.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	64256  
Old 09-29-2003, 05:08 PM
injectedsmile16

Default RE: Big Lots has Micro (1:64) RC Cars

My little brother just went and bought 2 of those the other day. He actually bought four but gave 2 to his friends but he got a car and he got a motorcyle for me. One of the ones he gave his friends was a skater dude. I haven't tried chaning anything in his car for two reasons. I cant find all the motors and gears I had from my Zip Zaps and other little cheapy 1/64 cars and my little brother wont quit playing with it. I got a chance to play with it a few times and they are pretty fast. They run for a long long time too. For 6.99 its worth getting it just to screw around with.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:58 PM
BananaGuy

I would be careful on purchasing some of the imitation Mini R/C Car brands. They have a very high defective rate.

I've tested and played with all the different brands last year, and the 2 brands I would totally recommend to anyone is SHEN QI WEI & PANTHER.

Just letting you know.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:58 PM
Hobbysect
My Feedback: (7)

I found out the bits will work. They only need a little trimming done to the chassis.
Old 10-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Owl---

I bought one..for parts.
Ultimately, I'm going to use the receiver in it for another application.
until then, I use it the way it's intended.

On the remote control:
Needless to say, it broke after a couple hours' use.
A design flaw causes a lead from the UP control stick to break from the control board.
Don't worry--I fixed it. But only after a 1/2 hour of filing down the knobs so they'd squeeze through the faceplate holes.
you can't tell the knobs were reformed..at least not while it's in your hands, you playing with the car.

On the car:
From out of the package, one wheel was tilted away from the car, like it was steering in that direction.
Didn't fix this, seeing that it didn't matter one away or another.
Recently, it's been having trouble muscling its tires to the right when at rest, and rightly so, since it's only a little magnet wire.
After a few falls from about 4 feet onto linoleum, the cover on the electrics compartment jars, requiring a little electrical tape.
On a whim, I delicately put vaseline around the axle and on the gears for the car run better. I don't know about power, but it certainly is quiter..but that wasn't a big deal in the first place
[:-] okay okay. this was a BIG mistake. i didn't take the dirt in account. little fibers like to stick to the axle(which is solid FYI) and wrap itself to binding the motion. ugh.
Luckily, the rear axle is easily separated by popping out the gear-side end. never again!
Remember: if you're unsure about a certail oil-based product around rubber tires, don't use it. Vaseline doesn't particularly damage these tires..it least it doesn't turn them into liquid--like what happened to my bike brake shoes and WD-40. ouch.

Overall:
[8D] it does have good run time, and the recharge rate isn't going to kill anyone.
it's also pretty powerful, to boot. It has, what appears to be(I don't know, i didn't take measurements), a 1:12 reduction so it'll climb across a keyboard[8D]
[] it really is cheaply made, but not poorly done.
[:@] the car has a Ni-cad battery, so run down thebattery as much as possible before recharging
the pager motor that drives it can be a little noisier than other micro RCs. I found it quiter than a chair skidding across linoleum.

Yeah, I like it. for 7.44, I might get another few. but I don't think I'll buy the optional $4 body kits, thank you very much
Old 10-29-2003, 09:49 PM
Owl---

In addition to above post:
some pics I took of the car's innards, for your benefit.

[link=http://yourfriendlyneighborhoodowl.netfirms.com/pics/rc.html]microguts[/link]