Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Does anyone remember RS Viper (1:43)

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Hobbysect
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone remember RS Viper (1:43)

Well does anyone remember them? Now Radio Shack has been puting out the 50th anniversary Corvette but I have modded the viper. Now it is a Monster truck. So what do you all think? Imput is good so that I can make it better also can you add Mosfets
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41570.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	65260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nj25457.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	65261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19128.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	65262  
Old 10-03-2003, 05:36 AM
slugbugg

Default RE: Does anyone remember RS Viper (1:43)

cool, what parts did you use?

I want to do a monster truck conversion to one of my RS vipers.
I found these little 4x4 /43 offroad electric vehicles that have spring suspension and the axles pivot a little but no way of steering them yet.I guess I'll have to make a few parts.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:32 PM
Hobbysect

The chassis is the RS Viper. The only thing I did was remove the wheels, and body. One thing though NOT ENOUGH POWER off the line or to climb. I used these 4xfours by NewBright. I was told to try the NewBright Jetski trailer wheels because they are smaller and lighter. This is the main problem with mine. Wheels are too heavy. But I used some spare parts from my HPI RS4, the black plastic things that hold the parts, to make the body posts and wheel extentions. I cut the extentions to length and drilled down the center of them to get them on the axles. Right now it is under construction. I removed the bumper and I am going to reduce the body so that the wheel wells match more realistically. I will post pics later when finished.
Old 10-04-2003, 05:58 AM
slugbugg

It sounds like it needs one more gear added to compensate for the bigger tires.
Toys-R-Us sells 1/43 scale rc cars and they have hop-up kits.The hop-up kits come with motors and gears for around $9.00 I guess if I do a truck I'll have to find a way of adding another gear or if I modify that little 4x4 toy I found it should work fine.
Old 10-08-2003, 05:58 PM
Hobbysect

Today I took off the front bumper and cut the body down. Next is to out the body together and redo the body posts. Its a little work but it will be worth it. After the body is done then I will extend the rear axel out about 1/4 of an inch to each side and then the front and rear tire wont look so uneven. The last will be the gearing, motor, mosfets, or different tires. I will post pics when the body is done.

Tony
Old 10-09-2003, 06:18 AM
slugbugg

You may want to look for a tyco racin ratz stunt truck.I just bought two($19.99 each) yesterday one has the gravedigger body and the other has wolverine.The trucks wheelbase is 3-1/4" and the tires while lame looking are about the same diameter as the tamiya mini monster tires(slightly smaller).
It comes with a ramp to run over and the truck could push it around from the side on a painted concrete floor or if the ramp go stuck the truck would atleast spin the tires.The truck still starts off slow but it seems to work good overall.

I wonder what motor will fit in it.With the bigger tires they had to change the gearing in it.

I really want to do a project on this but may start off by just putting my RS viper controls in it.
Old 10-10-2003, 10:26 PM
Hobbysect

I did a few thing to it so far and it seems to do a little better. I am not too sure why but it does.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62598.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	66929  
Old 10-11-2003, 06:15 AM
slugbugg

So just how big is that truck? long/wide
Old 10-11-2003, 09:21 AM
Hobbysect

The truck is 3 3/4 inches wide from outer edge of wheels to outter edge of wheels. 4 inches long from back bumper to front bumper. 2 1/2 inches high from top of truck to surface. 1/2 inch ground clearance. Should I try to add a Roll bar and put lights on it?
Old 10-11-2003, 09:01 PM
slugbugg

I think lights would look good on it.