Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ready to order Mini-Z Overland.What else do I need?

I'm just about ready to order my Overland Z. I'll probably be getting it from Tower because I have a $15 discount and it comes with a free X-Speed V motor and that all-in-all seems like the best deal going right now. Anyways I was wondering about a couple things:

Is there any upgrades that I absolutely must have right away or can I play with it awhile and get some new stuff later on?

Most importantly, what spare parts should I consider having on hand to keep this thing running? I hate downtime so I like to keep the commonly destroyed parts on hand so I don't lose any play time.

Can anyone tell me the part number or parts kit that I need to get some spare steering servo pinions? I've read that those are easy to strip and I should have some on hand but I can't find a part number anywhere so I'm not sure what to order.

Thanks!

RE: Ready to order Mini-Z Overland.What else do I need?

Lately, there has been a "code" in some of the R/C magazines that you can provide to your participating LHS/Retailer for a free motor. I've been running mine stock for a while now and one gear became stripped when I allowed someone else to drive it and he did one too many jumps. Other than that It's ran fine. Since I don't have access to my handy manual right now I can't provide you with a parts number, but you may want to view this board: http://www.minizracer.com since it is specifically "geared" towards the Mini-Z.
    Lots of RCs, two cats, and a Nikon.

Option parts:
    MVW10 - SP Pinion Gear Set (Delrin)
    MZW23 - SP Servo Gear Set (Delrin)

or

Spare Parts:
    MV10 - Pinon Gear Set
    MZ8-1 - Servo Gear Set

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

go to aj.com then put in rcmart.com they have the overland for $99.99
    joey hacker

Why go to "Ask Jeeves" when you could go straight to rcmart.com?

I noticed the prices start at $99.90 and go to $130.00 for the Overland plus shipping. I also noticed that there are two pictures of the Overland with the older style radio on the web site and that it must not ship with a manual because there is reference to a downloadable manual unless it is for those who lost their manual. I further didn't notice anything about the free motor that is being offered ($12.90 on their site) by participating dealers. I did like the Overland track video. It also appeared that rcmart didn't have the MR-02 though they had a picture of it and stocked parts when I visited the site. The 1/18 scale HotWheels F1 at $13.90 appears to be a good price if they have them in stock and if shipping isn't too high.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I recommend getting just bearings and a X-Speed motor. You can get the Overland bearings from MiniZstore.com.

My Overland runs fast and is very cool to play with inside the house. I wouldn't worry about anything else until you try those two mods out.