Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mini monster truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:44 PM
otimusprime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini monster truck

hey guys just getting back into the mini rc scene and i got the losi mini 8ight buggy but now i want a mini monster truck what is a good one to look into thanks guys otimus.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 AM
Summit Love
Banned

Default RE: mini monster truck

mini summit would be a good choice.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:55 PM
otimusprime

is there any other options other than the summit as in other brands. what bout the mini recon or whath appened to the mini lst just it popped up alst night when i was googleign but i coudlnt find it on any of the dealer sites thansk guys otimus.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:59 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: otimusprime

is there any other options other than the summit as in other brands. what bout the mini recon or whath appened to the mini lst just it popped up alst night when i was googleign but i coudlnt find it on any of the dealer sites thansk guys otimus.
If you want a Mini truck take a look at the Savage XS, it is a great truck. As for the Mini-LST it is no longer being produced.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:01 PM
otimusprime

okay ill look at the mini xs and odd why is it they discotntiuend hte lst 2 and though a lot of sites have pretty much all the part's just a cuirosity is why i ask.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:34 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: otimusprime

okay ill look at the mini xs and odd why is it they discotntiuend hte lst 2 and though a lot of sites have pretty much all the part's just a cuirosity is why i ask.
That is just what RC companies do..
Old 02-28-2012, 10:14 AM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

rc18mt would and IS a great option. pleany of parts out for it still!
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Monster-Truck
Old 02-28-2012, 11:57 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the recon could be made into a decent truck out of the box it almost need better rims(seriously the rims friggin suck I think the most common issue is the rims crack), and some hop-ups off the pro-pulse

The main issues I have wit the recon are the replacement parts prices... Seriously they are insane also the way parts are grouped so to get what should be a cheap piece you have to buy a $25 parts bag that is loaded with parts that you don't need for example I broke a arm, a rim, and a shock tower the HPI parts would have cost me damn near $85 for a $109 RTR... I instead bought the pro-pulse alum upgrade kit (roughly 90% of the parts are the same, came with 2 shock towers uprights c-hubs, knuckles, dogbones, battery holder, and more), put RPM arms on it(off of a RC18), and got a 1/0th scale tire kit for the $80 instead (also needed tie-rods to make it work right) to fix my issues and upgrade it) of what I would have had to pay HPI for 3 parts.

RC18's aren't bad wither tons of after market parts.