1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

xmod 9v batteries

Old 11-23-2003, 05:04 PM
raceme

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default xmod 9v batteries

what would happen if i wus to put 4 nine volt batteries onto the xmod would it burn out the motor or will it work to improve speed
Old 11-23-2003, 08:27 PM
Hobbysect

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: xmod 9v batteries

Well there has been someone that has used 2 9volts but he had to modify the pcb board. I am not too sure what he had done but the motor did handle 18 volts. What he did was replace the exsisting electronics and replaced them with separate electronics. He states that he has over $300.00 invested in this project and it does around 37 MPH. But you can do a 7.2 volt mod and the current pcb will handle that just fine.
Tony
Old 11-23-2003, 09:26 PM
raceme

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oh ok thanks
Old 01-23-2004, 10:54 PM
Jshwaa

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

You mean, like this?

I only added 3 parts to mine, and mine should be able to handle 25V. I only tested it at 14.4V so far though. I've been a member of the ezboard forum for a little while now. I just introduced it there about a week ago. Who else has done this type of modification? For those of you that are thinking, "What the hell kind of modification is this?", here's the story. For months now, the voltage max of the xmod's circuit board has been debated, scepticized, and tested to be around 8.4V. A good FET can handle 20V to 30V max, and a motor can handle about that also. This poses the problem of allowing hella-power to the FET/motor circuit while letting a less damaging voltage reach the rest of the xmods electronics.
Anyway, here is what my FET's/motor circuit sees(voltage-wise)

And here is what my control board, receiver board, and steering control sees(voltage-wise)

Of coarse I have stacked FET's and a killer rewound motor. With 4 x 3.6V Lithium Ions, I'm going to be a 6 cell dragster munchin' ****.

Wanna race?[>:]
Old 01-25-2004, 12:53 AM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i dont think he was geting 35 mph out that little car with two alkaline 9v batteries. they have almost no output. you would have to wire it up
++ -- to get more output.then to get 18 v you do it again and ++--++-- then it would go fast. i put a 9v in my mini-t and it went slower than a stock mini-t. try that and see how fast it would go.
Old 02-16-2004, 03:36 PM
xyz

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

someones put one 9 volt battery on his xmod which is an equivalent of 6 cells on 1.5 volt batts
9 volts put out more power but they have less capacity that say aa or aaa. he said his lasted for about 2 minutes then dies but it was really fast
Old 10-02-2004, 04:34 PM
cricketfever32

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

how do you make it so u can put nicd batteries on the x-mod without damaging it, and what changes will i have to do to the pcb board for it to be able to handle the voltage

Search this Thread