Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

More Power for the Mini-T !!!

Old 12-30-2003, 04:14 PM
Nitroaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More Power for the Mini-T !!!

MORE POWER FOR THE MINI-T

not sure if this has been posted or not, forgive me if it has.

Courtesy of RC Car Magazine:

This is Team Losi's new Nickel-Metal-Hydride (NiMH) battery packs, chargers and accessories. These 1100mA battery packs feature the latest in rechargeable battery technology to provide both speed and exceptional run time. The five-cell 6volt pack gives a dramatic increase in both speed and acceleration with 15 to 30 minute run time. The six-cell 7.2volt pack gives you wheelie popping performance and even more top speed with similar run time. They also offer a simple wall type AC quick charger that will charge either the 5 or 6 cell packs in a couple of hours and a simple adapter if you already have a charger capable of charging the NiMH type of cells. There’s also an economical combo pack that includes both the 6-cell pack and the charger. Since these packs can be recharged and used hundreds of times they offer a lot of performance for a very small price. Look for these and all Team Losi Genuine Mini-T parts and accessories at hobby shops and racetracks worldwide.

Some pics:

Prices:

7.2V NiMH Pack & AC Charger 34.99
6.0V NiMH Pack 24.99
7.2V NiMH Pack 29.99
AC Charger (2 hour) 9.99
Charge Adapter 2.99

You can read more at:

http://www.rc-car.com/detail.asp?id=203
http://www.teamlosi.com
Old 12-31-2003, 12:47 PM
miniRCfan

Default RE: More Power for the Mini-T !!!

I have the 6 cell 7.2 pack and its great!
Old 12-31-2003, 02:05 PM
bigjdubb

The 7.2v packs seem to be eating up stock motors around here. Can't even keep motors in stock because they are going so fast. My Baja motor should be in today though....hope and pray.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:27 PM
miniRCfan

I've ran it about 5 times with 6 cells and no problems yet
Old 01-01-2004, 12:08 AM
bigjdubb

I dropped in a Team Orion Micro Elite Mod tonight. The dont really fit in the Mini-T to well but man does it cook! I need a larger pinion or a smaller spur gear though, it pulls the front wheels with ease from a stand still. It's a bit much in the dirt though. All in all I am very impressed with the power from this motor, it's smaller than stock and is way more powerful. If I could find a pinion that fit the motor shaft right and was maybe 16t it would be really bad ass.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:01 PM
mrjon53
My Feedback: (3)

ive had no problems with the batt. packs. the oly prob. i run into is when i have (what i like to call a little mistake) i bend the s out of the cvds
Old 01-03-2004, 02:51 PM
Raydee
My Feedback: (3)

If you guys won't the most performance from the Mini T or any other 280/300 size motor Kan cells are the way to go. You guys will notice a huge power increase over all other 2/3a cells guaranteed!
Old 01-03-2004, 06:51 PM
rccarman

i have a 8 cell battery i made it myself it is awsome.i cloked it at 25 mph.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:04 PM
teamsquirreltail

I just bought a Venom Racing 6 cell 1100 NiMH battery last night. WAY better then the homemade Nikko battery I was using! Great battery for the money. I got mine for $12.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigjdubb
I dropped in a Team Orion Micro Elite Mod tonight. The dont really fit in the Mini-T to well but man does it cook! I need a larger pinion or a smaller spur gear though, it pulls the front wheels with ease from a stand still. It's a bit much in the dirt though. All in all I am very impressed with the power from this motor, it's smaller than stock and is way more powerful. If I could find a pinion that fit the motor shaft right and was maybe 16t it would be really bad ass.
I went the other direction. I dropped a Peak Racing Chubby Micro RS4 Mod Motor in my Mini-T. This required the motor plate to be modified but I was tired of waiting for other drop in motors to arrive. I also installed a Novak GT7 ESC and a JR RS300 synthesized receiver. The bad thing was that the HiTec HS-60 servo I installed didn't hold up worth a darn after the first contact. Of course, the stock servo horn/saver is some weird piece of work. Now I am trying to locate an all metal gear servo that is small enough to drop into the Mini-T without too much modification. So far I have the list narrowed down to 7 possible choices and hopefully, the better ones are in town and will work without having to order them. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.