Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Your opinion-Traxxas Rustler or Mini-T

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 04:05 PM
todd92371

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion-Traxxas Rustler or Mini-T

This will be a first electric car for me and I have a whole backyard to work with for a track. I'm thinking that with the Mini-T I could make a 3 foot wide track versus a 6 foot track. Also, I like the longer run times of the mini-T. Any suggestions.

Thanks,
Todd
Old 01-02-2004, 05:56 PM
ICE_MAN

Default RE: Your opinion-Traxxas Rustler or Mini-T

It depends Are you wanting to race cometitively or just bash around with a couple friends. i would personally suggest the mini-t but here you'll get a biased opinion since this is the mini's and micro's forum. Just my .02
Old 01-02-2004, 06:01 PM
bigjdubb

If you are buying one to run on a track that is gonna be built in your back yard then I say Mini-T. One other thing to consider, once the shocks come out for the Mini it will prolly out handle a rustler...lol. You track size wouldnt need to be near as big with the mini though. The parts are also cheaper for the Mini than they are for the Rustler.
Old 01-05-2004, 10:22 PM
weezergeekband

Ahh the question arises ... 1/10 scale offroad verse 1/18 scale... i caution you DONT GET THE MINI-T. If you are looking for speed in and a back yard basher i would get a stampede, because its almost as fast as the rustler but its bullet proof . I noticed this is your first electric car so i assume you have some nitros and are used to speed and the mini t is not waht you are looking for unless you are going to pack that dirt in on you track so its almost like concrete. Why i say stampede is because u can use alot of E/T Maxx parts with it and it got ground clearence. But if you truly want a stadium truck do your self a favor and dont get a rusty its almost at the bottom of the line... get a t3 xxxt xxt or a t4 if u want good speed. But i dont know how if you have played around with the mini t or not but i think you will be disapointed if you are trying to compare it here to a rustler.

bigjdubb- I saw some oiled shocks for the mini t on ebay you might want to look
Old 01-06-2004, 12:38 AM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

if you are going to be racing iun your backyard with your buddies then i would suggest the mini-t because you can hop it up to go 25 mph with only two mods to the car. ( batt and motor) but if you want a 1/10 stadium truck i would go with t3 or b4 associated. i have had almost every brand of off road racing truck and by far the associateds are the best. very very good trucks. the losis are good but arent as consistant as the associated in racing conditions. they tend to be driving one way one race then with no changes it will drive diffrent in another race. i think the associated trucks are the choice of champions. losi just has better drivers. associated trucks will take you as far as you are campable of driving. depending on how you set it up.
good luck
Old 01-06-2004, 07:42 AM
miniRCfan

Hmmm, The Mini T is my first RC in probably 16 years. I plan on hopping it up alot more then stock. but I am very curious as to everyones answer to your question. I plan on purchasing a 1/10 scale truck just for fun no track no races just a good time any and all suggestions are helpful.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:19 AM
weezergeekband

ORIGINAL: miniRCfan

Hmmm, The Mini T is my first RC in probably 16 years. I plan on hopping it up alot more then stock. but I am very curious as to everyones answer to your question. I plan on purchasing a 1/10 scale truck just for fun no track no races just a good time any and all suggestions are helpful.
I would get the stampede if i were you its like a moster truck and stadium truck combined. Its fast and looks sweet. I love mine.
Old 01-08-2004, 12:27 PM
nitromouse
My Feedback: (1)

My opinion is that you should look at planned use of the truck. Your future plans to run elswhere. As far as what particular brand you should buy, do the research instead of asking a brand specific owner. Im not bashing Losi or Associated but that is all you ever hear people being told to buy. If you plan to race thats fine but when your a backyard basher on a budget you should look at some of the other brands for price versus quality and buy the best your budget will allow.