Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Mini-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 09:16 AM
KCMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Mini-T Thread

Will the stock Mini T body fit the Mini DT? I figred I'd need to reem out new holes but wanted to ask before I spent $15.00 for a new body.

Here's my issue/plan. After adding a new brushless ESC I have a bit too much wiring under the "hood". The stock body needs to be raised up a bit so I'm not pressing down on any of the ESC solder points. I bought the extended body mounts (Part # LOSB1300) however the front mount won't fit the stock front shock tower on the DT, nor will the rear extended mounts fit my stock body.

It's a bit of a pain to be honest. My buddy here at work has extended rear mounts that fit right of the rear stock mounts. The only difference is the posts are thicker
Old 09-14-2009, 04:45 PM
HJJFFFAA

I doubt the Mini-T body will fit the Mini-DT. It won't cost much to try though.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:03 PM
KCMike

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

I doubt the Mini-T body will fit the Mini-DT. It won't cost much to try though.
It's already on the way so we'll see. :P
Old 09-14-2009, 07:44 PM
KCMike

Here's another question for you Mini T & DT gurus. I bought the extended body mounts (LOSB1300) however the front extended mount doesn't fit on the stock Mini DT shock tower. Which shock tower will fit this extension?

Here's the LOSB1300:

Old 09-14-2009, 08:25 PM
HJJFFFAA

They are not meant for the Mini-DT.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:24 PM
KCMike

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

They are not meant for the Mini-DT.
Bummer. Well, what about part # LOSB1403? I need something to extend the body height. I know these are for the rock crawler, however there is a guy here at work w/ the Mini DT. He bought it off Ebay and it has the extensions on the rear. They slip over the small, stock posts on the rear shock tower.

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ost-Set/Detail

Old 09-15-2009, 06:30 AM
Papa Jay

Are you sure it didn't fit?
I think DT have the same shock tower as mini-t
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 AM
HJJFFFAA

No. They don't have the same shock towers.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Papa Jay

yes you right with DT shock tower, but these lower mounting screws have same position with mini-t shock tower.
I'm sure you can use any mini-t shock tower to replace the stock DT tower.
They just have a bit different on shocks mount screws.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:47 AM
KCMike

ORIGINAL: Papa Jay

yes you right with DT shock tower, but these lower mounting screws have same position with mini-t shock tower.
I'm sure you can use any mini-t shock tower to replace the stock DT tower.
They just have a bit different on shocks mount screws.
I'll check into that today when I hit up the my local LHS. I'll see if they have a Mini T front shock tower.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Papa Jay

btw what body you plan to put on?
Old 09-15-2009, 04:11 PM
KCMike

I bought the Losi Mini-T X-Citer Unpainted Truck body. I believe I can make it fit. Also, today at the LHS I bought shock towers for the Mini T. I'm going to install the Mini T front shock tower on my DT & then add the adaptors to extend the height.

Hopefully this body will fit (I think I can make it work).

Old 09-15-2009, 09:28 PM
Cheap Guy

Has anybody used one of the eBay wheelie bars on their Mini-T? Did it work to keep the car from flipping as much?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:07 PM
izzy7771

cheap guy 
i do have the wheelie bars from ebay.  they seem to work good so far.   i spray them with wd40 every run though not real sure about the rpms of those wheels at high speeds.  trying no to lock them up.   but so far so good.  it was a must to even get to 3l4 throttle.

please help
my mini t          mamba micro pro  3s 2200mah        10 tooth pinion       motors not holding up at all
i have had 2 castle 8000kv snap off shaft.
tried 1 hacker 4900kv and melted wires in 1 run.
all on pavement. 
i just started  using the 3s lipos.   everything says its okay to use with 3s.   no binding in anything.   everything aftermarket.     have a 2s lipo but really wanna use the 3s.  any input would be much appreciated.  
thanks a bunch

Old 09-16-2009, 04:58 AM
Papa Jay

KCMike, maybe you should take a look at xciter for mini-lst,
since dt have longer wheelbase than mini-t, not too many but over than 1cm difference.
Old 09-16-2009, 02:01 PM
KCMike

ORIGINAL: Papa Jay

KCMike, maybe you should take a look at xciter for mini-lst,
since dt have longer wheelbase than mini-t, not too many but over than 1cm difference.
Will do. Thanks for the input.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:16 PM
mrbonez

ORIGINAL: izzy7771

cheap guy
i do have the wheelie bars from ebay. they seem to work good so far. i spray them with wd40 every run though not real sure about the rpms of those wheels at high speeds. trying no to lock them up. but so far so good. it was a must to even get to 3l4 throttle.

please help
my mini t mamba micro pro 3s 2200mah 10 tooth pinion motors not holding up at all
i have had 2 castle 8000kv snap off shaft.
tried 1 hacker 4900kv and melted wires in 1 run.
all on pavement.
i just started using the 3s lipos. everything says its okay to use with 3s. no binding in anything. everything aftermarket. have a 2s lipo but really wanna use the 3s. any input would be much appreciated.
thanks a bunch

try a 5400 kv mamba or make sure your slipper isnt to tight . or you could use your punch control maybe that would help some we run a 7000kv reedy motor on a mamba 25 esc with a 3s and no problems like that. you should get some much better advise when the experts chime in
Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 PM
izzy7771

mrbones
thanks for input
slipper is set pretty loose.   can always here it working under hard accel.     punch control is set to easiest setting.  timing to lowest setting.    i thought the hacker 4900kv would maybe solve probs.  real nice motor with heat sinks built into can.     car is geared as low as possible.     thought the first castle motor was fluke but 2 snapped shafts.  arent they supposed to be okay for the rpm from 3s?   using proline 1/18 size wheels and street tread.  so not turning huge tires or anything.    drivetrain is very smooth.     i dunno!!!  any other thoughts??    going to try castle one more time but not 8000kv going with 54kv or lower as 8000 is really not controllable anyway but it sure was flat getttin it while it was working.  lol   
any help is much appreciated.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:17 PM
HJJFFFAA

Try gearing up. It's most likely undergeared.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:16 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

KCMIKE, don't forget to submit some pics of your Mini T with the Exciter body. I hate looking at the stock photos from the website or ads... they always look "too fake". Seeing it on a real RC from a normal camera always shows its true looks!

Cheap guy... I think i am finally done with the Buggy for my Mini T. I went ahead and removed the all terrains from the Propulse rims... went through 8 to get 5! Those propulse tires are VERYWELLGLUEDON!!!!!! I even boiled them for longer than 10 mins, both sides, i even did the oven trick... for some reason, certain tires just didn't want to come off, and no matter how gently i tried to pull apart (Understand that gently removing ties while they are very hot causes skin burns!!! Ihave a few blisters to prove) I still was only able to remove 5 tires without tearing the rubber.

Installed them on a set of spoke rims which have the fake chrome rotor inserts. Tell me what ya'll think? They basically are meant only for the buggy, based on color, but really give the mini T a new look, aside from the standard Losi tires and rims you get.

Also, has anyone tried mounting or "welding"the rear cvd axles (uses pins to "seat" into rear rims) on the front? Even though this particular model isn't 4WD, it would make better since or be alot more practicalif they allowed for the use of swapping front and rear tires. this would really help me out, especially since i have a dozen propulse wheel and tire sets. There are quite of few wheel and tires sets that would look nice and mean, on these little Losi's, unforutnately, they are usually for the 4WD type of R/C's!

Here's the buggy and some close ups of the wheels/tires

- JOECOOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63365.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1277727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15736.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1277728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx60167.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1277729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic84820.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1277730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs97227.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	1277731  
Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 PM
trx1
My Feedback: (2)

my mint/db is a difrebt type of bug
mini-t
mini dt shocks,wheels/tires
bug body
fireball motor
6 cell packs
headlights/taillights
makes for a fun indoor and outdoor bug

Old 09-18-2009, 09:15 PM
Cheap Guy

JOECOOL: Your buggy is nice. I used to care about how my cars look but lately I've been more concerned about performance than looks. Maybe this winter I'll buy a few bodies.

To be honest, I've been spending more time with my Pro-Pulse cars than my Mini-T's since they seem to be more drivable than the Mini-T's with brushless. I ordered a wheelie bar to help things out. I'm going total brushless on all my cars, mainly because of the LVC since I've gone totally lipo.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:09 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

Cheap Guy,

i actually agree on spending more time on performance than looks.  Believe me, the looks have come second to my performance... problem is, i haven't installed brushless yet on the Mini T or the Pro-pulse!  so i've been busy with looks.  I also agree on enjoying the pro-pulse more of late!

I've spent 3 times as much money on the Mini T as i have my pro-pulses, and for some reason, the pro-pulse is soo much more fun.  It's also faster, even though its 4WD.  Kinda sucks if you ask me... you'd think Losi would have stepped up their game on this car if they intend on selling it for so much.  I beleive in the theory that you pay for what you get, but come on, we've spent less than 50 bucks, including upgrades and extras for our pro-pulses and they run faster, handle better, and are more fun to drive than our expensive Mini-T's.

Recent changes:  I installed the high speed torque motor on the mini t last month... actually runs better than previous motors installed in that RC (Venom).  So, for craps and laughs, I installed the High Speed Motor in the mini t, it actually seems a little slower, or no difference at all between the two.  Maybe i need to change the gearing, or someone can give me a good setup for the slipper disc.

Lastly, though this is intended for pro-pulse boards:  I was running the twin high torque motors on the pro-pulse, lots of fun, especially for climbing or rough terrain.  I read that one single motor is actually better, so i installed 1 high speed motor instead.  This thing is carzy fast for brushed motors on lipos!

NEXT BUSINESS:  Brushless!

Joe

Old 09-18-2009, 11:22 PM
mrbonez

JOECOOL looking real good i like the baja bug body look .

sayy would any1 know where i could get a servo saver for a hs65 mg ?? i broke a gear on mine so i would really like to have a servo saver before i run it again. a very good servo i might add it lasted about 7 months or so without any servo saver at all and it has seen alot of abuse .

also the reedy micro bl motor is still working great in a mini t lots of power and top end is awsome and it doesn't get very hot geared at 60 spur 14 pinion 2s lipo and 3 s lipo the only down side is you have to find some extra long motor mount screws and wing it

Old 09-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Cheap Guy

JOECOOL: I see you're having the same Mini-T v. Pro-Pulse decisions. Honestly, the only reason why I haven't gone total Pro-Pulse is because I don't trust the Pro-Pulse parts supply. With the Mini, I can run down to my LHS (a few miles away) if I break something, and the parts are still cheaper for the Mini than the Pro-Pulse. An addition plus for the Mini is that even though it may not be a durable as my PP, it's stupid easy to fix or replace parts. I guess the best of both worlds would be to get a RC18T, but they still cost a lot more than both the Mini and the PP, even used.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.