Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Mini-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RE: RE: Official Mini-T Thread

Is rccarman trying to trade any of these other vehicles? If you notice the date of his post quoted below, supposedly rccarman already had two Mini-T's by November 26, 2003 prior to the Ebay purchase of what would appear to be a third Mini-T.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...tm.htm#1308516

ORIGINAL: rccarman

i have
4 mini-z overlands
2 mini-z cars
5 zip zaps
2 mini-ts
1 xx-t
1xxx-t
1 xxx
1 xxx-4
1 drag car
4 boats
2 planes
and a brusier

that is alot of money
Old 01-28-2004, 09:44 PM
bbentley40

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Tigger N. Bennie
I can provide you with two reasons why I dropped a GT7 in my Mini-T: (1) I had a Novak GT7 laying around and didn't need to go out a buy it and (2) I was thinking about installing a motor larger than the Peak Racing Chubby Micro RS4 Mod Motor in the Mini-T. I also dropped the JR RS300 synthesized receiver in it because I've taken my Mini-T to the dirt track numerous times and I don't have to worry about channel conflicts. I also choose the HiTec HS-5125MG servo because this particular "airplane" servo supposedly has an unbreakable metal gear train and I had to scrap that 4-wire stock servo--that's a hint for rccarman so he can expand on what once again appears to be another "fairy tale" claim.
I was not trying to imply that is was 100% crazy to put a GT7 in a mini-t. If I just had an extra laying around I probably would have used it in mine too. Intead I went with a Novak Spy, the HS-55 servo, and I did have a R135 receiver in it, but I sold that with my XR3i and I just bought the XS3 (I wanted everything synthesized) so it is about to get a RS300 here in just a few minutes.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:03 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Default Official Mini-T Thread

I thought about getting the Spy too, but then I figured why not use the GT7 since it was not getting any use. I also thought about putting a brushless motor in my Mini-T too, but the lack of traction seemed to be a bigger problem than increased speed. However, I purchased some "Losi Mini-Smasher" tires for it tonight and hopefully, my Mini-T should get better traction. Besides I spent the brushless motor fund tonight since I purchased a new Mini-Z Panasonic-Toyota TF 103 F1 tonight, along with some hop-ups for both that Mini-Z-F1 and my Tamiya Ferrari F2001 F1. The local hobby shop also received some Kyosho Inferno MP-7.5 Kanai Edition 3's in as well--it's just a good thing that I already have an mbX5.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:50 AM
bbentley40

Default RE: Official Mini-T Thread

My lhs got a Kanai III in the other day too.. and I have been in the market for a buggy. I just could not see spending almost 800 then still needing a engine and everything else to get that thing running. I just got shocks put on my mini-t.. I am a little disappointed.. they can not even hold the front end up now. I am going to try to rebuild them to see if I just didnt get enough oil in them or what... but I think the springs are to weak.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:24 AM
beardking
My Feedback: (4)

Could you guys that are using the XS3 and an aftermarket ESC show some pictures of your setups? I'm wanting to use the synth. receiver in my Mini-T as well, just haven't figured out the layout yet.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:35 AM
ronbeck

ORIGINAL: bbentley40

My lhs got a Kanai III in the other day too.. and I have been in the market for a buggy. I just could not see spending almost 800 then still needing a engine and everything else to get that thing running. I just got shocks put on my mini-t.. I am a little disappointed.. they can not even hold the front end up now. I am going to try to rebuild them to see if I just didnt get enough oil in them or what... but I think the springs are to weak.
you need to use the pre-load spacers to raise the front(per losi). the front springs are a little short, it look like.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:45 AM
bbentley40

I think this is what ronbeck is talking about.. I am going to try it when I get home:

http://www.teamlosi.com/techtips/Min...k_mounting.htm

beardking, I will try to take a picture of my set up tonight.. but my digicam has been on the brink lately so I am not promising anything.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:32 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: beardking
Could you guys that are using the XS3 and an aftermarket ESC show some pictures of your setups? I'm wanting to use the synth. receiver in my Mini-T as well, just haven't figured out the layout yet.
There is already a picture of my Mini-T on this thread. Go to post #33 and look under all the wires where the RS300 is buried. The reason there are so many wires on my Mini-T is because of the length of the servo wires and because I have an extra adapter on the battery pack so I can run either a 6-cell 7.2v battery pack or some 4-cell 3300 saddle packs.

Edit: There are even more wires now since that photograph was taken without the added light kit.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:38 PM
beardking

Thanks Tigger, kinda hard to see that far away though.
So, do your cats think that's a new mouse for them to eat?
Old 01-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

ORIGINAL: beardking
Thanks Tigger, kinda hard to see that far away though.
So, do your cats think that's a new mouse for them to eat?
I don't run the Mini-T in the house since I hopped it up and got rid of the reverse. The Overland is another story and it is pretty much the cats' toy since I usually only run it when I'm playing with them. TNB also know how to catch and stop the Overland. And, Bennie has his own 1/4 scale bed though he does allow me to borrow it.
Old 01-29-2004, 03:55 PM
beardking

Is that a 1/4 scale r/c car?? Man, that must have cost a lot (money and wife anger )
Old 01-29-2004, 04:00 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Actually, I have more money into my mbX5 than the 1/4 scale.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:49 PM
Jamie_508

Hey, ive been drooling over these mini-t accessories, theyr probly heavy as heck but oh my god are they cool looking, everyone help me figure out how to buy them!! Scroll down to Team Losi - Mini T and click on mini t to see the picture and part numbers an stuff, its amazing ( http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/whatsnew.asp ) theres the site, I WANT THOSE PARTS, my god lol oh maybe i can attach the pic, never mind cant get upload to work,
Old 01-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Jamie_508

No like really http://www.gpmracing.com.hk/car/page/whatsnew.asp and click on Mini-T link, IT HAS THE MOST AMAZING hop ups, it has like titanium alloy parts to replace like every part on your car, sooo cool...help me find a place that sells these (online hopefully)
Old 01-29-2004, 08:52 PM
bbentley40

I took pictures of my mini-t.. but the battery in the camera went dead so I can not post them until I get it charged. Sounds simple.. but we left the charger at my wife's parents house over Xmas. I hate to make the hour drive just for a charger.. but looks like I might have to.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:25 PM
Blankstare

Default RE: RE: Official Mini-T Thread

Has anyone heard much on the new bpm parts? i didnt know how light these parts were cuz i am pretty sure they are alloy, but not posotive
Old 01-30-2004, 01:32 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

beardking,

Here is another picture of my set up, but without the battery back installed. I tried to take a few “closer†pictures; however, the camera wouldn’t focus when I got too close. The smaller “red & black†wires that go to the front are to the lights, same to the rear. The “mess†of “red, white & black†wires to the left with the cable tie is from the servo. The servo also came with a metal horn but I used the plastic one anyway. The larger blue, black, red wires run out of the GT7 to the capacitor, motor and 4-pin Deans connection. The picture of my charger shows how it connects to a 4-pin Deans connection, then down to a 1-pin Deans connection, and then the battery pack.

Jamie_508

I’ve ordered numerous GPM Racing parts for my MR-02 Mini-Z’s, but I ordered them through Mini-Z World. A local guy I know has been ordering them out of Hong Kong, but I’m not sure if it has been direct or not. I should see him tomorrow when we plan to run our Mini-Zs.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:33 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Here comes one picture....
Old 01-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Here is #2. I couldn't get them to upload together.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:14 AM
MrSavage

hey i got a couple of questions...team orion has a 7.2v batt that they say is "supercharged", is this possible, like would it be better than say a venom 7.2v batt? also do you know where you can buy team losi's new charger?
Old 01-30-2004, 09:28 AM
bbentley40

Only thing I can think of that would make them "supercharged" is if they made the pack out of high voltage matched cells. Which is possible... but it is more likely that they say that because the cells are 1200 mah.. which will help the run time.. but does not increase voltage/power. Maybe someone that knows more about it than me will speak up.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:51 AM
MrSavage

aight thanks, it is 1200 mah, i'm new at this electric stuff, lol.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:07 AM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

Well i doubt i know that much more than anyone else but heres my take on it. They could have paid a lil more for their batts. Bought some with a lower internal resistance, or charged them at a higher rate. but either way im not going to pay 40 dollars for a pack thats outrageous. Just like Trinity came out with matched 2/3A cells for 50 dollars Who cares. They arent going to work any better than a matched kans 1050 pack from blind for 17 dollars! As for them having more milliamp hours (Mah) i just charged my kan pack and it charged to 1189 mah's all and all you cant beat the price vs. proformace of a kan. and if your not afraid of a sodering iron your set you can make your own packs for about 14 dollars.

Anyway i have some news for you who are intrested in the turnbuckles. After having bent all of mine and bending them back to straight, One snapped. eh what to do right. Well i found out the over all length you need 1 and a 1/8 of a inch! Which is quite common. tc3 turnbuckles and rs4 3's use this size. Racers edge ball cups fit Perfect on the stock balls so there you go Fixed

Bl
Old 01-30-2004, 05:48 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Or you could purchase a replacement pack. I picked up three sets at either 2 or 3 dollars each set. I thought about replacing the front turnbuckles with titanium ones, but the stock ones are about the easiest and cheapest thing to replace rather than the next weakest link.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:44 PM
bbentley40

ORIGINAL: brainleak
Anyway i have some news for you who are intrested in the turnbuckles. After having bent all of mine and bending them back to straight, One snapped. eh what to do right. Well i found out the over all length you need 1 and a 1/8 of a inch! Which is quite common. tc3 turnbuckles and rs4 3's use this size. Racers edge ball cups fit Perfect on the stock balls so there you go Fixed

Bl
That is exactly what I did to mine the other day. It turned out pretty sweet too. I still have not done the back ones (never had a problem with them bending anyway) because I will have to take the whole back end apart to get the new ball ends in there.

Oh, here are the pictures I promised of my mini-t.. we got the camera charger back tonight. I went ahead and made new ones with my race body in it too. I am not happy with how the body turned out (damn parma crap) so you will probably be able to notice lots of little flaws in the paint job if you were to look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.