Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Mini-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 12:10 AM
kevrut
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Mini-T Thread

Mini-t races in Huntsville, Alabama at: http://www.hobbytownhuntsville.com/calendar/
Old 02-12-2004, 12:58 AM
madblunted

Default RE: RE: RE: Official Mini-T Thread

ORIGINAL: bbentley40

ORIGINAL: brainleak
Anyway i have some news for you who are intrested in the turnbuckles. After having bent all of mine and bending them back to straight, One snapped. eh what to do right. Well i found out the over all length you need 1 and a 1/8 of a inch! Which is quite common. tc3 turnbuckles and rs4 3's use this size. Racers edge ball cups fit Perfect on the stock balls so there you go Fixed

Bl
That is exactly what I did to mine the other day. It turned out pretty sweet too. I still have not done the back ones (never had a problem with them bending anyway) because I will have to take the whole back end apart to get the new ball ends in there.

Oh, here are the pictures I promised of my mini-t.. we got the camera charger back tonight. I went ahead and made new ones with my race body in it too. I am not happy with how the body turned out (damn parma crap) so you will probably be able to notice lots of little flaws in the paint job if you were to look.
That Thread all or all thread stuff would work pretty good for bent turnbuckles, I myself am waiting for rpm to get on the scene, and someone to release some nice ti ones.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:28 AM
bbentley40

ORIGINAL: kevrut

Mini-t races in Huntsville, Alabama at: http://www.hobbytownhuntsville.com/calendar/

I race my mini-t at HT in Huntsville. I have probably raced against you but I cannot pin point who you are right off. BTW.. I dont think it is on the calender but we are going to be racing the 20th of this month as well. They did not originally schedule it because Sean was going to be out of town but Shea and I volunteered to run the lap counter so we could race.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:39 AM
kevrut

Nope, but we've probably met. I just got my Mini-T the other day. I've been to a couple of the races though and will probably compete in them one day as I get my skill level up.

I was just putting in a plug for our local Hobby Town. A lot of folks probably don't know about the races there.

Kev...

Losi Mini-T (to chase the cat
XTM Mammoth (to eat the cat!)

Huntsville, Alabama
www.pfsoffice.net/rctrack.htm
Old 02-12-2004, 09:44 AM
bbentley40

Oh.. ok.. well in that case make sure to try to come out the 20th. Last time we raced we only had 9 people so all the heats and mains only had 3 in them. I would like to see us get to at least 12 so all heats can have 4 cars.

BTW.. I sent a email in regards to your local offroad track post.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:39 PM
garynjr

Hey all... Wow, this thread is a lot different then the one8thscale.com discussion...
None of you guys have had serious problems with your T? I bought mine at my LHS and it lasted 3 days. I'm waiting on Horizon to mail me a UPS call for the truck. It litterally just fell apart all over and then the motor ceased on me after about 7 Charges of my 1200mah 6 cell Competition pack. It's quite a little truck though when it worked! I can't wait to get it back! I'm half tempted to buy another one in the mean time but I really don't have that much cash to be throwing around... I'll need $150 to add all the parts to make the truck worth driving anyway...

Glad to hear that there are some people out there who are genuinly happy with their truck!

Add 1/2 mini T to my list below...
Old 02-13-2004, 11:21 PM
kevrut

with the graunper speed 300 and a 7.2 volt battery, will the stock speed controller work or do I need to upgrade it? Thanks in advance!
Old 02-15-2004, 01:44 AM
sanitz

Well I had to have one and I finally broke down and bought a Losi Mini T. I have always spent my time with nittro and wanted toi know some opinions on what would make for the best upgrades. I have all stock and still using AA batteries and wanted to know what is the best battery setup and charger? Also I have seen info on the Speed 300 motor my question is how good is it? Its only 19.00 with bracket and other motors for example "Trinity" is 30.00? Is the Trinity better? Whats the Best?
Old 02-15-2004, 10:32 AM
Rcbros

I have an honest quesiton for all of u. I want a mini-t but not sure if it's the right truck. I live in gravel and grass. Being as small as these things are do they run good in the grass. Also i'm only 15 so adding hop-ups every week hurts my pocket. I own two T-maxx's. I don't think i would enjoy the mini-t unless it was going at least 30. Any ideas should i get it or save my money for somethin else?

I was at the LHS yesterdat saw a mini-t that was litterly broke in half. How durable are these things.
Old 02-15-2004, 11:02 AM
garynjr

ORIGINAL: scr_achy3

I have an honest quesiton for all of u. I want a mini-t but not sure if it's the right truck. I live in gravel and grass. Being as small as these things are do they run good in the grass. Also i'm only 15 so adding hop-ups every week hurts my pocket. I own two T-maxx's. I don't think i would enjoy the mini-t unless it was going at least 30. Any ideas should i get it or save my money for somethin else?

I was at the LHS yesterdat saw a mini-t that was litterly broke in half. How durable are these things.
Well, it's not going to go 30. 20 maybe if you dump another $80 - $100 in to it. Which still makes it less then a full scale Stadium truck. Although I'll be honest, it doesn't do so well on high grass. It thrives on prepared dirt or carpet tracks, the living room and sidewalks. The ground clearance on it is only a couple of cm's so a good size stick will stop it pretty easily. They are very small so they make indoor driving fun and manageable. It's certainly not a T-Maxx and you should not expect it to perform like one. On the other hand it's very light so it jumps very high and easily for it's size. But again, that's with a nice sloped ramp and always have a landing ramp because it doesn't take the shock of landing so well. If you put on the $40.00 shock upgrades, you will be able to do more though.

All in all, If you are spending all you have to buy this... WAIT! Plan to spend at least $250 just to get started with it... New 6 or 7 cell Mini batteries, Charger, Shocks, a front bumper, Replacement parts (It is pretty easy to break).

You should check out www.one8th.com to read about a days worth of comments and you can also see a lot of videos there...
Good luck.
Old 02-15-2004, 10:39 PM
Johnston2007

how do u guys put on the dean plugs i need some help becuase i put on tamiya plugs because i didnt have a way to charge my battery so i just put them on for a quick fix. i want to put on dean plugs but i cant see how. can u guys show me some pics on how to put them on
Old 02-16-2004, 08:49 AM
garynjr

Well, I'm not too sure about the dean's plug but if anyone else out there has a problem with charging with the HPI plug, there is a cheap converter from Tamiya plug to the HPI plug so that you can charge it on your Peak charger. $2.00 or so.

What' is the big Difference with the Dean plug? I have heard a few things about it... but nothing more then use it...
Old 02-16-2004, 12:24 PM
brainleak

problems charging with a micro hpi plug? I never have anyproblems, what happens with the people that do? i get a false peak maybe every 2nd charge but thats about it.

Lemme know. Thanks

Bl
Old 02-17-2004, 07:00 PM
kevrut

I just bought the Losi bearings for th Mini-T. Should I oil them?
Old 02-18-2004, 11:40 AM
bbentley40

I didnt oil my bearings. They seem to work just fine without it.

BTW.. I would hold off on the mod motor if you are going to race up at Hobbytown. The track is so tight that a mod motor would actually be harder to handle. Plus basically everyone is still running a stock motor right now because there are not enough people for a mod class. When we start racing outside next month you will start seeing a lot more people buying mod motors for them.. me included.
Old 02-18-2004, 12:06 PM
kevrut

Yeah, I am. I have a speed 300 for it, but until I learn to control it better, I'm keeping the stock engine. I do plan to put a 7.2 volt ni-mh pack in it asap.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:03 PM
brainleak

Just ordered a bunch of Gpm Parts. I cant wait for them to come

Red Alloy Front C hubs, Red Front Pivot block And a 15T delrin Pinion. Under 20 bucks

Ill be taking pictures as soon as i get everything.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:06 PM
ronbeck

ORIGINAL: brainleak

Just ordered a bunch of Gpm Parts. I cant wait for them to come

Red Alloy Front C hubs, Red Front Pivot block And a 15T delrin Pinion. Under 20 bucks

Ill be taking pictures as soon as i get everything.
i have to ask how your truck is holding up? the one i had never worked right.
Old 02-18-2004, 01:32 PM
HighGs

I just bought a 6 cell pack that didn't come with plugs at all. My local hobby shop didn't have the HPI plugs (unless I wanted to spend $15 for a bagfull of them-I got bearings instead), so I did get the dean plugs. They have three posts on them. I couldn't get the wires saughtered on to the two posts closest to each other (two posts are sort of close to each other while the third is a bit farther away.) I just saughtered the wires on the two outside posts and everything works great! Just make sure you don't let the two battery wires touch each other (I had a nice little flame going when I made that mistake-whoops!)
Old 02-18-2004, 09:21 PM
brainleak

Suprisingly i still havent broken the thing. The parts i bought are to weigh the front down a little, not replacements. I've really beaten on this thing and have been nothing but impressed by the durablity of it. Maybe i just got a good one *shrug*

bl

ORIGINAL: ronbeck

i have to ask how your truck is holding up? the one i had never worked right.
Old 02-19-2004, 03:33 PM
rushdude

I haven't broke one part on my truck either. The only thing I did was fry the stock motor.
Old 02-19-2004, 10:16 PM
2Slow2Go

Default RE: RE: RE: RE: Official Mini-T Thread

I just got an issue of xtreme rc cars yesterday and on one page it said

"Team Orian Baja micro motor and Supercharged 1200 7.2 v micro pack,
The fastest power combination available for your mini-t, Proven!"

I'm just wondering if any of u guys have this setup and is it true?
Old 02-20-2004, 11:32 AM
brainleak

Default RE: RE: RE: RE: Official Mini-T Thread

Dont waste your money go to www.blindbatts.com go to mini T batts and buy a Kan 1050 6-cell 7.2v pack. 17 bucks instead of close to 40 for the orion. most times when i charge my kan packs i get 1180-1200mah on 1050 batts only charging them at 1 amp.
You could buy two for the price of one orion and they are just as good if not better batts.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:45 PM
snowborder69

im goin brushless on my mini-t and decided that im going with the lehner basic 5300, novak xxl, and i need help finding a good speed control, also on the novak xxl would i want to go fm or am??
Old 02-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Official Mini-T Thread

Why wouldn't you go FM?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.