Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Mini-T Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 09:20 AM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Mini-T Thread

I'm picking up a used mini T and plan to put an ezrn 25a combo in right away.  But I need a receiver and servo that are cheap and will work.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Links if you have them please..  Thanks
Old 06-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Mousesi2k

The Hitec HS-55 is a cheap servo that would work fine in a Mini-T. [link=http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-25609/HRC31055S-HITEC-Ultra-Micro/Detail]Servo (click)[/link] [link=http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-22180/LOSB1226-Servo-Saver%2C-Hitec/Detail]Servo Saver (click)[/link]

As far as a cheap replacement radio, check the for sale section on here and some other forums. You can usually find some good deals.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:35 PM
MTboy

I just need a receiver unless a 1/10 size works.. I guess thats normal size but seeing this is mini I thought it would be to be so I need a small enough receiver to work with an AM TX I have.
Thanks for the link to the saver..
Old 06-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Mousesi2k

A 1/10th scale would work fine. Its just a little bigger. I use the Spektrum DX2 TX with the Spektrum Sr3000 RX which is more of a 1/10th scale size. Works great.
Old 06-06-2009, 05:11 PM
MTboy

Thanks for that.  That makes things alot easier.  Now if I could just hear back from the owner I will be good to go..  Thanks again.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:40 PM
e123

This is a good place to pick up a cheap reciever link.  I bought one from here almost a year ago and havent had any problems.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:46 PM
everett.rm

You might find and inexpensive radio reciever on ebay. I bought a Traxxas radio and reciever on ebay for around $20, works great.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:24 AM
MTboy

I've seen some on ebay but not looking for another TX since I have enough floating around the house.  I do have a traxxas receiver from a rustler I'm not using so think I will just threw that in.
But I have been reading up alot on the mini T and wanted to ask what you guys think.  Some say to hop up the tranny and things before going BL but others say in stock form it can handle it.  I'm just trying to figure out what is best to do since I'm limitied on money.  If I don't go BL right away what things should I get to set it up for it in the near future?
I'm also looking for the upgraded bearings.  Anyone have a link?
Thanks guys
Old 06-07-2009, 11:46 AM
Cheap Guy

I just measured the regular Traxxas receiver and it roughly measured 35mm x 55mm, which is almost exactly the size of the Losi esc/rx combo. I bet the mini-Traxxas receiver would be just fine, and since I use Traxxas radios, that's what I'm going to hunt for on eBay. I know Traxxas tx/rx aren't the greatest but they've worked fine for me on my Losi Minis and Micros.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Kool-Aid-Man

I need help.  My mini t seems a little slugish.  Also somtimes when I give it throttle it won't go until I push it.  What is wrong with it? I appreciate any help.  Thanks

Old 06-07-2009, 08:15 PM
MTboy

I think you motor is going..  Rebuild it and see if that takes care of it..  Wait can mini motors be rebuilt..  Sorry I'm pretty new to the mini's but I do think it's the motor..
Old 06-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

2canSAM21-
i've found it runs great in short grass with the pin tires however, anything other than short and it will get stuck.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Kool-Aid-Man

What is the lowest turn of motor I can use with the stock esc/receiver?
Old 06-08-2009, 07:13 PM
microdt

i'm thinking of buying a losi micro-t, micro-dt or mini-t anyone got an idea which is better reply!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:25 PM
MTboy

I think it's all about what you want to do with it.  Micro's are fun inside but still not a big thing like the bigger RC's.  I hav3e both micro's and have had for a year with no modds or anything breaking.  Great fun to make jumps from cardboard or anything you can find around the house.  Good for those rainy days you can't get out. 
I just bought a mini T so can't really say but I do have 1/10th scale.  Bigger is funner for me but then cost more.  But I'm thinking for my small backyard track a mini will be perfect. 
I would say go with the mini since it's in between and everyone that has them seem to love them. 
Old 06-08-2009, 08:11 PM
westphill24

If its the stock motor its probably the brushes. You could take tem out and clean them and reset the springs in a better way but I gave up and just went brushless. If your looking for stock mini-b motors or a reedy 19t let me know there collecting dust now.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:48 PM
Kool-Aid-Man

Do they have replacement brushes for the mini t motor?
Old 06-08-2009, 09:28 PM
Cheap Guy

I don't think they're rebuildable, plus probably not cost efficient. You can get a Venom Fireball 370 for about $10 shipped.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Kool-Aid-Man

Thanks for the help.  If I were to get a venom fireball 370 would I have to make modifications to the chassis for it to fit?
Old 06-09-2009, 06:12 AM
Cheap Guy

ORIGINAL: Kool-Aid-Man

Thanks for the help. IfI were to get a venom fireball 370 would I have to make modifications to the chassis for it to fit?
Nope, it a direct fit and works great with the stock esc.

Old 06-09-2009, 10:34 AM
Kool-Aid-Man

Nice! I think I will get one now, thanks for the help.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:56 PM
westphill24

I was refering to the mini baja, rx280 motor I think. It has replaceble brushes and is a fast motor.
Old 06-12-2009, 03:05 PM
MTboy

So today I got my mini T I won off ebay.  Took it out of the box and thought,  Crap this thing is sweet.  Great deal.  Then I start looking closer.  Crap not as good as the pics on ebay..  As I check it out I find more and more that needs to be fixed/replaced.
Front end:
Shocks have to be rebuilt.
Bulk head (I think thats what it's called, the part the front towers mount to)  Has a huge crack going acrossed it.
Linkage arms, all bent and the balls they attach to were bigger then the holes so instead of drilling out he forced them in causing the plastic to crack.
Steering linkage,  So cracked up from the rod ends it has huge play in it and don't think it would work very well if I did try it out.
Front metal bumper, Was bolted on using lock nuts on the underside..
Servo,  seems to only go full travel to onside.
Top chassis,  is broke in two pieces under the ESC/RX using tape to hold together.
Reverse dont seem to work.
The two batts and the ESC was all soldered to deans but + to - and - to +....
Either the batteries are junk or the motor is on its way out.  Very little power to it.
The wheels have chips that looked to be some what glued on..lol
The cool Power Racing 1/16 allen head tool is broke so not any good.
The rear end seems to be in good shape so far.
My rating for this buy on ebay....
Communication:  Poor
Shipping:  Good
Description:  Poor  ( I emailed and asked him the condition of it)
Not sure if I will leave negative feedback or just let it go since it does really mess with them. 
The End...

Now I need some parts.  Whats a good replacement for the steering set up?  Little to no slop..
Is the thing that the front shock tower mounts to called the bulk head?  Need that too..
A rebuild kit for the Alum shocks.  Also what weight do you think I should run?

Thanks guys
Old 06-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Mousesi2k

Dang man thats to bad. Sellers like this that give false represntation suck [:@] Def. sucks to have to buy parts for something you just get. And i would leave a negative feedback. It was falsely represented and did not arive in the condition it was said to be in.

The part that the shock tower mounts to is the bulk head. http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...et-cln-/Detail it should be the piece that is on the left which is upside down for the photo. That specific piece is also available in aluminum if you feel the need to bling out the ride.

Rebuilding the shocks isnt to bad as every part is available seperately. Im personally looking into swapping the Losi Aluminum shocks out in favor of the 3Racing shocks which have a threaded aluminum body vs the Losi non threaded. I hate the plastic thingys. http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/thetoyz_...7970&cat_name=

All of the parts that have been "reamed" out to accompany the larger ballstuds, I would change out for some fresh parts and get a set of factory ball studs or aftermarket of the same stock size.

The stock chassis plate is only available with a new chassis. Not a biggy as its like $6 bux + you get a new chassis. http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...et-cln-/Detail Obviously, there are several aftermarket chassis's and even aftermarket top plates only but they will set you back 2x the amount of the stock chassis. I have a Trinity CF Chassis that has been discontinued for some time now and would hate to have to buy something compairable to it.

As far as the batterys being soldered incorrectly, thats just rediculous. They have the + and - signs right on them lol. Replacement battery packs are a dime a dozen for the Mini-T and you could even go Lipo for a great price at hobbycity.

Wheels and tires are also a dime a dozen and it comes down to personal preferance on what you choose to buy for it.

Hope this helps and hope to see something good come from this! Keep us updated and get some pics if you can

~Mouse
Old 06-12-2009, 06:03 PM
MTboy

Wow mousesi2k that helps alot.  What about the steering link?  Is it best to stay with stock?

I already have my 2s lipo's so good with that but forgot to tell you how I found out they were soldered backwards..  Can you guess..[:@]  Hooked the lipo up to it and pop..  ESC/RX fried..

But I'm trying to stay positive and just get it set up how I want. 

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.