Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Mini-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 12:12 PM
Mousesi2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Mini-T Thread

I run my slipper fairly tight. I think the instructions said tighten it all the way in then back it off 3 turns?! And thats where i left it.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:25 PM
macrous99

HEY GUYS where do i get URC Krystal this?
Old 07-20-2009, 02:34 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

Sweet Baja Buggy! If Key West had "beaches" instead of a ton of coral rock, i could one day take my car to the sands!

Is the buggy body stock or a modified one?

Old 07-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Mousesi2k

The bug body was a factory Team Losi body that came on the RTR Losi Mini Baja. I bought the body by its self a few years back. Its since been discontinued and extremely hard to find. [:'(] There are aftermarket ones similar to it that are available though.

I try to keep mine in best shape as possible so i only use it on the beach. Kinda hard to mess it up in sand! Otherwise its run in the form of a truck, or no body at all lol
Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM
J0EC00L

nice... i'm trying to find a buggy body that's not used. I found a 50's panel truck, which looks decent. My micro t is a buggy.

Running the Losi naked huh... LOL!

I'm pretty new to all this, but wish i had invested into it ealier in my life! They are a lot of fun. Any pointers for someoneinto itless than a year? Brand names to trust for hop ups?

i wonder if titanium is better than alluminum?

Anyone's thoughts...
Old 07-20-2009, 05:35 PM
J0EC00L

by the way... does anyone know if this is a worthy upgrade? or just additional weight that isn't needed? 

Aluminum UPPER+LOWER BRACE BULKHEADS for Team Losi 1/18 Mini-T

Old 07-20-2009, 05:59 PM
westphill24

Not really necessary but since the mini-t is so heavy in the back might balance it out a bit. There's a bulkhead brace made by gpm that's supposed to really help.

A good place for parts is thetoyz.com. They have good prices and fast shipping so for my mini's that's the first place I go. Only company that I and many others have a reall problem with is Integy. DO NOT BUY THERE STUFF.

Oh yeah welcome to the money pit that is the rc hobby.lol you'll love it.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Mousesi2k

With all of the reading, reading, and more reading on forums, i've come to the conclusion that you should stay away from Integy parts. They are over priced pieces that will break, bend, not fit correctly all equalling a waste of your cash. I personally so 95% of my shopping [link=http://www.thetoyz.com/cart/index.lasso]HERE (click)[/link] aswell as many many many others on this board and various other message boards. They have great customer service, selection, prices and speedy shipping!

You can finds 100's of parts for your perticular vehicle by selecting it on the left hand side. Manufacturer first followed by model. You can even break it down to what kind of parts you want to look through such as wheel / tires etc etc. As far as the aluminum bulkheads, they are generally a decent upgrade as the stock plastic ones are pretty easy to break. Just remember when you convert to aluminum, something else should always be left as a weak point to be the "break away part". Such as hubs or knuckles or even a-arms. But if you browse through this thread, youll find various pros and cons to both!

More or less, mod what you think youll be happy with. After all, it is your RC and were just here to give an opinion!
Old 07-20-2009, 07:17 PM
J0EC00L

Thank you all for your help!

I have already realized how much money can be sunk into these things! I previously had a regular mini t (upgraded to a graphite chassis and the integy alluminum upgrade - along with motor, bearings and such.  I basically bought the chassis and alluminum as a roller and swapped the parts out.  Made my mini t heavy and the steering had even more slop. So, i wanted to start over/start from scratch and do it right.  So i found a mini t limited edition for a great price, as well, i just purchased a micro desert truck with the baja body.  So, i'll try this the right way... if there is even one  

Key take aways:
Stay away from Integy like you stay away from ahmadinejad!  
Shop thetoyz website for the majority of your losi needs!

Thanks again.

oh, one last thing: Is titanium better than alluminum, or on Losi's it really doesn't matter?  Titanium is suppose to be lighter & stronger, but how do we "know" its 100% titanium?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Mr. Mugen

TiNi turnbuckles are a waste of money. TiNi axles are too...oh yeah and tini CVD's. All junk IMO. I have better luck with stock bones and axles and BRP turnbuckles. Still have not bent or broke one, but I have only been using them for about 6 years so......

Kevin
Old 07-20-2009, 08:25 PM
J0EC00L

being new to this, yet utilizing what little common sense my wife says i have...

TiNi is short for titanium!

So, would alluminum parts be best on other components?

I orderd an alluminum rear differential.

And, have a chance to get some BRP turnbuckles for a good price 25-30 bucks.

Thanks for the help
Old 07-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Cheap Guy

I went with the GPM turnbuckles for $15 shipped. I also got the GPM aluminum shocks for $24 a set shipped. Both have improved the handling significantly.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:26 PM
J0EC00L

Yeah, i saw the GPM's are around that price. But, i have also read that the BRP's are the best regardless of price (you'll only invest in one set) vice ordering multiple others - which becomes an even larger investment in the long run. Are the GPM's just as good as the BRP's?

I don't mind spending a few more bucks, if i only have to do it once!

My real delimma is knowing what electronics package i should go with if i intend on eventually going brushless. My Mini T Lim Edition comes with the FM synthesized system and is 3 wire technology, much better than stock mini's which have a system that is very limited (4 wire)

Which is the best servo, ESC, combo i can go with that will allow me to use my stock FM transmitter? Maybe someone has a combo they could sell along with a transmitter and i can save a little money; but, if i have just suck it up and pay, i will, i'll just have to be more patient and wait for the extra spending bucks!

Times are tough! Butthere's no reason whyour mini's can't be tougher?

- Joe
Old 07-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

i have that one as well, any ESC will work with the Rx/Tx that come with it so no need to replace the radio set if you dont want to. as for the servo, the hitec hs-55 is the most popular
Old 07-21-2009, 05:14 PM
MTboy

Also for brushless look at the ezrun combos. Very good so far and alot of other people think the same, not just with the mini's either. Very good buy for the money...
Old 07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Cheap Guy

Right now I'm running various set ups on each of my Mini-T's:

1. Stock receiver/esc and servo and Traxxas TX = somewhat limited range, steering is okay. On one of my stock setups, the Venom Fireball motor would easily outrun the radio range. The Traxxas TX actually seems to work better with the stock RX than the stock TX.
2. Traxxas TQ AM RX/TX with Hitec HS-55 servo with EZRun brushless combo - Much better range, much better steering.
3. Hitec Aggressor FM TX/RX with Hitec HS-55 servo and Novak SPY esc = excellent range and steering.

The Traxxas TQ RX/TX seem to be perfectly fine with the brushless IMO.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:03 PM
HJJFFFAA

The bearing size for the wheels is 4x8x3, right?
Old 07-21-2009, 08:25 PM
J0EC00L

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Looks like i have some good ideas to run with now!  Might have to invest in a traxxas TX, and definitely a HS55 servo!

Hey cheap guy: what type of money am i talking about if i go with either option 2 or 3 and which would be best for brushless and/or venom 370?

2. Traxxas TQ AM RX/TX with Hitec HS-55 servo with EZRun brushless combo - Much better range, much better steering.
3. Hitec Aggressor FM TX/RX with Hitec HS-55 servo and Novak SPY esc = excellent range and steering

Thank god i found these forums!  Tons of useful info! Much better than googling reviews and getting nothing but sales pitches.

- Joe
Old 07-21-2009, 09:24 PM
J0EC00L

Hey gurus...

I have a couple parts i bought for my mini t, but haven't installed them yet.  Are these worth installing?

Dual Disk Slipper Double Disc
Aluminum Ball Differential Gears

Oh, and i found some info on a digital servo - Futaba S9650 Digital Mini Servo, its about 50 bucks, but is it worth the investment? Or, should i just stick with the HS55?

- Joe
Old 07-21-2009, 09:31 PM
J0EC00L

Cheap Guy,

were those GPM turnbuckles titanium, steel, or aluminum?
Old 07-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Cheap Guy

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Looks like i have some good ideas to run with now! Might have to invest in a traxxas TX, and definitely a HS55 servo!

Hey cheap guy: what type of money am i talking about if i go with either option 2 or 3 and which would be best for brushless and/or venom 370?

3. Hitec Aggressor FM TX/RX with Hitec HS-55 servo and Novak SPY esc = excellent range and steering

Thank god i found these forums! Tons of useful info! Much better than googling reviews and getting nothing but sales pitches.

- Joe
I try to buy my stuff off of forum or eBay. I usually get better deals on the forums.

For the Traxxas TQ tx/rx, I've seen them as cheap as $20 shipped for the combo. Normally they range from $20 to $30 on various forums. A lot of people buy new Traxxas cars and immediately remove the electronics so usually they are brand new.

For the EZRun 25a/7800 combo - $50 from Nitrorx.com. They're currently out of stock but I'd wait for them to get more rather than buying from HK direct.

For the Hitec HS-55 servo - $15 from Tower Hobbies or other online sources. Even my new LHS carries them for $15. The digital servo sound interesting but it's a little too rich for my blood. The benefit of the HS-55 is that it's a direct bolt-in, and Losi makes a servo saver that fits the HS-55.

Novak SPY esc - $55 new, about $25 used.

Hitec Aggressor TX/RX - I had one laying around after I got rid of my 1/10 on-road cars.

Venom Fireball - $13 shipped.

The GPM tierods are aluminum.

As far as the slipper and diff, so far the stock parts are okay. I've got to cut costs so if it doesn't break or add performance, I usually run what I've got until it breaks.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 PM
J0EC00L

Its always good to have those extra parts laying around! Guess i'll do some searching and wait for the Novak site to get more kits in. 50 ain't bad at all, and that's a plug and play with my current RX and TX? (I assume RX = reciever and TX = Transmitter) My RX and TX are the limited edition ones FM synthesized. I think Losi just took the left over Baja junk and threw it on to this mini t and called it a limited edition!

Alluminum turnbuckles... roger, i'll avoid titanium!

The shocks i have are losi oil filled but aren't the adjustable type, nor do i know if they are 55 or 60 or whatever?

If i go with the brushless, can i still use the 7.2 1100 battery, or, is there a better alternative? i see people stating 7.4, or 2s or 6s, what's the best i can do with the above brushless sytem without sinking too much?

Sorry for playing 27 questions... soon i'll be schooled enough to just take my gameplan and play!

Thanks

Joe
Old 07-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Mousesi2k

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Hey gurus...

I have a couple parts i bought for my mini t, but haven't installed them yet. Are these worth installing?

Dual Disk Slipper Double Disc
Aluminum Ball Differential Gears

Oh, and i found some info on a digital servo - Futaba S9650 Digital Mini Servo, its about 50 bucks, but is it worth the investment? Or, should i just stick with the HS55?

- Joe

The DD Slipper + Ball Diff is a must upgrade! Those two together change the entire truck and take it to an all new lvl As for the servo, I've used a $13 dollar e-flite mini servo for the past 2+ years with out a problem. But anything from Hitec will work just fine. Do make sure you buy the Hitec servo saver kit though!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:51 PM
J0EC00L

Just bought these bodies to go on my Mini T and Micro DT

I love the classic looks!  Plus, i intend on adding some headlights to the mini t and the extra space in the back of the panel truck will work perfect for storing the switch and battery! 
Old 07-22-2009, 01:57 PM
MTboy

Hey that will be cool to see with lights. You will have to get some action night shots for us..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.