Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Official Mini-T Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Mr. Mugen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Mini-T Thread

ORIGINAL: Burntt32

i just ordered this body after shredding my original on a tree haha. [link]http://www.leadfingerrc.com/[/link]
I still have the 2nd one he made of this body. Still unpainted. Figured I would wait until I paint a bunch of bodies so I have it bagged and hanging til then. Sweet body!

Kevin
Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 AM
MTboy

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Question to those recently buying these pro-pulse's

Are they good quality R/C's? I see some hop-ups for them on ebay, and everything is cheap! I even saw a sale for a lot of 100 (they are all in the refurb condition! Kinda strange, how megatech has them refurbed and alot of other companies do too. In the R/C business, does refurb condition really mean squat?

If you buy the kit from megatech for 25 bucks, you can go on ebay and just serach ''pro-pulse'' you see many hop ups, but most importantly, you can find the 7.2v MAH 1200NiHM battery with charger for 4.99 buy it now and shipping was 6 bucks! pretty darn cheap if you ask me!

I'll inlcude both links, but cheap guy already did the hard work for us on the Pro-Pulse Truck!

Mega Tech: http://<font color=''#00265e''>http:...MTC7420</font>

Ebay Pro-pulse battery: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250458469098

There's a huge thread on these trucks with lots of great info. So far I've heard to get a battery and run it as is out of the box and I will be surpriced. I figure thats what I'm going to do. But am trying to figure out if the ESC can handle 2s lipo. I dont want to buy any other battery but lipo unless I have to. But at that price from ebay I may just do so. Altho I don't need or want to use the charger. I heard 10 hours on it..[:@]
I know the rhino 1750 2s lipo fitts but there out of stock so I'm looking for another that will work.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:47 AM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

MT,

Yeah that's a long run time! But, you can plug it in before you go to bed, and it's ready before lunch the next day!

Question on batteries to all you Gurus out there... I've asked this before, but never got a straight answer.

ForMini T ifI go brushless (EZ run) what's the best battery to go with (Speed, runtimes &/or both - balanced)? Also, will the battery config be safe for the stock ESC? (ESC is sysnthesized FM on Losi Lim Ed.) Same question for staying with a brushed motor (Venom fireball 370)

Iam sure everyone has there preferences, but I ask the question, because i see people with 1100, 1200, 1400, etc. or 2s lipo, 6 lipo, etc.
and i'd rather take it from those with experience, before i buy 6 differnt batteries to reach the same conclusion as i would if i just paid attention to what people advised.

looking for a battery (ies)that will give me great performance and a solid run times as close to 30 mins as possible for both motor set-ups. Need info on Mini T, and i guess Micro DT, but it may be the same, just scaled down!

Thanks
Old 07-24-2009, 10:06 AM
MTboy

I'm not to sure with the mini T pro but I know alot of us use these batteries..
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6519
I have two of these and then two of the 1000mah and get great power. Not sure on runtimes since it's been 100 degrees and I dont stay out to long..lol
Also a good cheap charger that I have used for the last year..
Power supply
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ly_100~240v_5A
Charger
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...ly_100~240v_5A
Hope this helps some..
Old 07-24-2009, 10:21 AM
MTboy

Wanted to share with you guys a couple pics of my tires. Not sure if they were old or just to much power for them but they looked to be in good shape when I started. This is 3-5 min into running on the street for the first time..lol I do know that at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle if I punched it it would lift up the front end and flip.. So never did see top speed..lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21004.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	1242716   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up47377.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	1242717  
Old 07-24-2009, 10:27 AM
J0EC00L

MT,

thanks for the gouge and links. I definitely will need acharger!You running "two" in tandem, or just one and have another for back up.

Any differencein the 1000 Mah's? Just extra batteries or their for specific driving.

- Joe
Old 07-24-2009, 10:54 AM
MTboy

I just run one at a time and like to have extras for when I'm camping or out some place bashing. I havent noticed any diff in the 1300 and 1000 yet but think the 1300 would give a little longer run times. I picked up the 1000 bc the 1300 have been out of stock forever..lol I also recommend paying for the fast shipping or you'll be waiting for a month to get them..lol
Think I can use these batts for the pulse if the ESC can handle lipo stock but waiting to find that out..
Old 07-24-2009, 11:53 AM
J0EC00L

MT,

speaking of ESC, do you think those batteries you recommended will be fine with the Losi synthesized FM system?I am not exactly surewhich ESC i have, ijust know that the Lim Ed came with synthesized FM radio system (standard 3 wire) It'ssupposedly muchbetter than the stockMini T which has the 27mhz AM system and weak ESC.

- thanks
Old 07-24-2009, 12:22 PM
MTboy

To be honest I'm not sure but think as long as you hook up a LVC or LVA you would be fine. But really thats just to save your batts, so you don't run them to low. I believe as long as you don't go with to big and powerful of lipos you would be fine with your ESC. Also I think the FM is more about the TX and RX not the ESC. But since it's (ESC) 3 wire you dont have to get a new servo to work with it. Is your ESC and RX in one or are the seperate?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:50 PM
J0EC00L

i will double check on the ESC. I probably should have studied it a little more to see if its one pice or two.. the stock mini t's i know are one piece, but the lim edition is basically the same set up as a stock Baja orLST, so 've been told.

I came across a set of the BRP turnbuckles from a user on the boards. They are new, unopened and he's selling them to me shipped at 30 bucks! Not bad, since they are almost impossible to find, but will probably be the only set i ever buy. I'd still ike to get a second set to be careful, or put on another mini t... who knows??? I think our goal is to be like cheap guy and own 27 R/C's!

- Joe
Old 07-24-2009, 05:09 PM
J0EC00L

Hey,

the link for the charger is the same as the power supply. Which imax charger are you referencing. A couple were 60 or more. I've found cheaper, but you also pay for what you get many times! I need a good Lipo charger that won't cost too much.

thanks
Old 07-24-2009, 05:24 PM
mrbonez

Hey,

the link for the charger is the same as the power supply. Which imax charger are you referencing. A couple were 60 or more. I've found cheaper, but you also pay for what you get many times! I need a good Lipo charger that won't cost too much.

thanks
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...alance/Charger
thats the charger i have been using for a week or so it comes with a dc power supply just hook it to a car battery and you are ready to charge and balance a lipo .
MTboy man your tires got shredded thats brushless power with a dash of lipo i have blown my smashers completely off the rim with just a 2s lipo and a 6800 kv motor but wow what fun LoL
Old 07-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Cheap Guy

i will double check on the ESC. I probably should have studied it a little more to see if its one pice or two.. the stock mini t's i know are one piece, but the lim edition is basically the same set up as a stock Baja or LST, so 've been told.

I came across a set of the BRP turnbuckles from a user on the boards. They are new, unopened and he's selling them to me shipped at 30 bucks! Not bad, since they are almost impossible to find, but will probably be the only set i ever buy. I'd still ike to get a second set to be careful, or put on another mini t... who knows??? I think our goal is to be like cheap guy and own 27 R/C's!

- Joe

[sm=biggrin.gif] It's cheaper than 1/1 cars, women and drinking!!!

I would have bought a couple of the Propulses at that price but I'm between houses and I don't have any room to put anymore cars.

I highly recommend the Flightmax 1300. I get good run time and good performance. Hopefully they'll be restocked soon so I can get a couple more.

MTBoy - Even at $6 or $7 shipped, the Propulse All-Terrain tires are still a good deal on eBay. Mine are holding up decently under brushless, but I've had to reglue a couple of them to the wheels.
Old 07-24-2009, 09:16 PM
J0EC00L

Ok...

so here's some ebay sales on going now for LiPos.  I just searched for the 1300mAh 7.4 LiPos.  If ya'll know of any better deals... post 'em!

1: lipo Battery Balance Charger imax B6 (55$-free ship)   I put this in because it comes with charger and power cord.

2: Flightmax 1300mAh 7.4v 2s LiPo (18.99 + 3.99 ship)

3: Cheap Chinese made: ACE 7.4V 1300mAh 15C LiPo (7.99+6.50ship) 

4: Cali USA - Lightening Pack 7.4V 15/25C 2S 1300MAH (16.99 + 1.95 ship).

Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 PM
J0EC00L

Cheapguy and MT and all others who bought a Pro-pulse at the huge discount!

If you want some hop-ups and parts for your pro-pulse, follow this link.  The seller "Niesia83" has some items for sale, for dirt cheap...all new!  Digital transmitter, turnbuckles, batteries and charger, wheels and tires -NICE!, motors, ESC's etc.  I worked out a deal with him to combine the shipping, so i just bought all i listed for around 40-50bucks shipped! 

Before you purchase, if you intend to, just shoot him a question and tell him all the parts you want, and ask for him to combine the shipping.  He said to mention my name <<FROM JOE>> message from ebayer and you're set! 

I recommend picking up the tires... those look sweet, and we could may could fit those on a mini t; super sweet!!!! 

Take advantage! the wheel and tire set was 3.99!  motor was 2.99, the transmitter was 2.99?  the shipping is like 5 and 6 for each, but he'll combine saving you both money!!!

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/niesia...dkw=&_osacat=0

Enjoy fellas!
Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Mr. Mugen

i will double check on the ESC. I probably should have studied it a little more to see if its one pice or two.. the stock mini t's i know are one piece, but the lim edition is basically the same set up as a stock Baja or LST, so 've been told.

- Joe
I'll sell you my collection and you can double his....hehe.

How does 10,000 sound for everything?

Kevin
Old 07-25-2009, 12:49 AM
J0EC00L

Sure thing Kevin!!! LOL

It's all about the "Roosevelts" Bay-Bay!

That's 10,000 Dimes - right?he he he (which still comes out to 1 large!)

I think i will pass, but some rich kid my be willing to spend his college fun money on it!

- Joe

Old 07-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Cheap Guy

Ok...

so here's some ebay sales on going now for LiPos. I just searched for the 1300mAh 7.4 LiPos. If ya'll know of any better deals... post 'em!

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1: lipo Battery Balance Charger imax B6 (55$-free ship) I put this in because it comes with charger and power cord.

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/2: Flightmax 1300mAh 7.4v 2s LiPo (18.99 + 3.99 ship)

3: Cheap Chinese made: ACE 7.4V 130...7.99+6.50ship)

4: Cali USA - Lightening Pack 7.4V 15/25C 2S 1300MAH (16.99 + 1.95 ship).

Thanks for the battery links. The last one looks promising...anyone want to be the guinea pig and try it out for the rest of us? I really like the HobbyCity prices, especially for the Flightmax, but the shipping time and out of stock issues began to wear me down so I'll probably buy the eBay ones.

Also thanks for the Propulse link. For some funny reason, the area from I recently moved has a bunch of ProPulse stuff in stock, still for the .97 close out price. Fortunately I have to go over there next week so I'll probably buy everything they have left.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Mr. Mugen

Sure thing Kevin!!! LOL

It's all about the ''Roosevelts'' Bay-Bay!

That's 10,000 Dimes - right? he he he (which still comes out to 1 large!)

I think i will pass, but some rich kid my be willing to spend his college fun money on it!

- Joe

Hey there's only about 80,000 worth of stuff. There's 10G in Mugen stuff alone.

Anyway how about those TP lipo's? Anyone using the 2s 1900's?

Kevin
Old 07-25-2009, 11:39 AM
MTboy

Well guys I'm dead in the water for a little. Let my brother run my truck and he ended up braking my top chasis ( plate that holds ESC/RX). It was a home made one so I knew it wouldn't last..lol Plus my wife got sick and I took her to hospital, so now she is booking a few nights.[:@]
Joe, sorry about that. Here you go..
http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...lancer/Charger
Old 07-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Kool-Aid-Man

I have a mini t and I want to upgrade it. So far the upgrades are an aluminum pinion, oil filled shocks, venom fireball, body brace, and losi smashers. Can someone tell me wich other upgrades I should make. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:59 PM
westphill24

Sounds like you have the important parts covered. Wait do you have bearing yet? If not that should be about it.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:32 PM
Burntt32
My Feedback: (1)

JOE, the lim ed radio gear is 2 pieces. the ESC is seperate from the rx, just held on by double sided tape.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Mr. Mugen

ORIGINAL: Kool-Aid-Man

I have a mini t and I want to upgrade it. So far the upgrades are an aluminum pinion, oil filled shocks, venom fireball, body brace, and losi smashers. Can someone tell me wich other upgrades I should make. Any help will be appreciated.
Bearings, chassis brace, turnbuckles....to name a few.
Old 07-26-2009, 01:25 AM
J0EC00L

So,

Get this, i turn on my Lim Ed., brand new, only run a couple times, and nothing!!!  The last time i ran it, i ran the battery low (wouldn't move, but would still turn the weels left and right) I didn't purposely run it low, the car started to slow drastically, and then stopped, but steering was available. 

I charge battery for a couple hours... fast forward a few days to today:  I upgrade the tranny and drivetrain with a dual disk slipper and rear ball diff.  I plug up battery, turn on TX, turn on car... nothing, not even steering!  I check the RX to see if the "freq/channel" light is on and nothing!  Weird?  I wonder if the RX is already bad?  everything is stock - so i don't know why this happened.  I am re-charging battery in case i didn't charge it long enough.  manual says 5 to 6, so would an under charged battery not even give any power? 

Aaahhhh!  Anyone have any suggestions on a good electronics set up?  I will go brushless (ez-run) so maybe the kit comes with the needed parts to switch everything out with. 

Oh, i got by Micro DT in!  I've started body work on the 50's panel truck (i'll show pics when its done) However, i went snooping around some old toy r/c's and found a 1:36 69 Camaro SS!  A little magic, and presto!

REDNECK EXPRESS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.