1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

my mini mini-t track

Old 01-19-2004, 04:40 PM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default my mini mini-t track

its small but its a track to practice on. because i live in the midles of nowhere it gets prety boring so i went and made a mini-t track. its very small because my parents dont like me diging hole and macking jumps all oveer the yard like i used to do. i made it there because that spot was just cleared away of bushes and i didnt want to have to go clear out weeds to make a track so i made it where there was the least amount of weeds.eventaily i want to make it real long. like down to my barn.but for now its small.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24731.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	92247  
Old 01-19-2004, 04:41 PM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: my mini mini-t track

another

Name:	Ge96522.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	92248  
Old 01-19-2004, 04:42 PM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

and the last

Name:	Fd91344.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	92249  
Old 01-19-2004, 05:36 PM
RC_Tobias

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Chase,

That's a sweet track for being pretty small. How does the Mini-T handle on it? Plan on making the jumps any bigger once you lengthen it out?

RC_T
Old 01-19-2004, 07:04 PM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks for the complament.i would make the jumps a little bigger. the jumps right now are about a foot high and the mini t has a hard time clearing them. i have not got to drive on it with most of the jumps because i broke my mini jumping off that big hill next to my track. i only had the woops and the two doubles. i had one on each side at the time. the one before the woops and the one out of the corner on the right side. heres a size comparison shot of the track with my broken mini on it.

Name:	Us55120.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	92297  
Old 01-19-2004, 07:06 PM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the car is hard to see but if you click on the pic and you can see it on the track between the double and the woops.
Old 01-20-2004, 09:55 AM
RC_Tobias

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow.....the track is a lot bigger than I thought. Putting the car in there really helped scale it up. Nice work. I downloaded the pic and used an image viewer to up the brightness a tad to see the car better, and that's what made the difference.

What's busted on your Mini-T?
Old 01-20-2004, 01:11 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chase044
the jumps right now are about a foot high and the mini t has a hard time clearing them.
It appears that you need the 6-cell battery pack or different tires. I have no problems clearing the jumps on an 1/8 scale track--it's just the stock shocks that create problems.
Old 01-21-2004, 01:57 AM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

well i got the some new team losi oil filled shocks today (tuesday) and a new rear hub. the hub broke, its the part that hold the bushing or bearings. i do have a 6 cell pack and a chubby micro modified.

Name:	Ca81638.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	92741  
Old 01-21-2004, 10:02 AM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the jumps are a foot high and have a 5 foot gap. i think the jumps are too steep. but heres my mini-t it has L.E.D. lights front and rear. and you may think my body is ugly but i really like it.the light run off two AAA and i got the l.e.d. from radio shack.

Name:	Wu60457.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	92821  
Old 01-21-2004, 10:04 AM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

and the rear end witch alot of people see on the track ( and its not when there lapin me) jk jk heres the tail lights

Name:	Tr50026.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	92822  
Old 01-21-2004, 10:11 AM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

oh ya the shocks have all those spacers on them because the spring where too short for the shock body.the shock would fully extend and the spring wouldnt even touch the end. while i was at my fahs (far away hobby shop) i was about to buy a set of rear tires and noticed that one package had two rear tires but one was glued on a front rim.[:-] they are really tryin to get these little parts and hop ups out arent they. it was pretty funny.
Old 01-21-2004, 11:36 AM
RC_Tobias

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Chase,

I don't see anything wrong with the body. It looks pretty cool to me. Very nice on the lights by the way.....nice touch.

Taking a second look at the track, I did notice that the jumps are a tad steep in some spots, but not bad overall.
Old 01-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ORIGINAL: chase044
well i got the some new team losi oil filled shocks today (tuesday) and a new rear hub. the hub broke, its the part that hold the bushing or bearings. i do have a 6 cell pack and a chubby micro modified.
Lucky Mini-T--I mean having the new oil-filled shocks. Mine is still waiting--one store just received more stock, but they haven't had a chance to go through the inventory yet. Perhaps? Maybe? Some of the other locals are still zippo on the shocks.

Regarding the lights, when I installed a Megatech Mini-Z light kit on my Mini-T I decided "not" to mount it on the body because I figured it would be easier to remove the body--I simply mounted the light kit on the front bumper, so it peeks out between the body and the bumper, and on the rear motor guard. I did cut a small hole in the rear of the body, but it wasn't necessary since the rear lights are bright enough to light up the entire rear end. I also wired the light kit directly to the Chubby, but the circuit board itself can be disconnected if I don't want to run the light kit. One of the other threads has a couple of pictures of the Mini-T with its lights on--nothing really special, just darkness surrounded by light.

Edit: Regarding the tires, Losi has released several tire and wheel sets. I've picked up a partial set of pre-mounted chromes (rears). They were $1 dollar more than unmounted chromes and tires. However, I am also still waiting on the rest of the set (fronts).
Old 01-21-2004, 07:00 PM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

thanks guys for the complaments.i really just wanted mine to stand out in a race. i made the whole light kit myself from parts at radio shack. it has seperate AAA batteries that are in a little holder on the roof of the mini-t. its not harder to take the body off or anything. the only problem is the center of gravity is higher now. but it works great. i havent had a problem as of yet with the center of gravity. no tire grip roles yet. but with the oil shocks it handels like a bigger car. not quit as good as a 1/10scale truck but alot closer than it was. it clears the jumps fine if i get through the corner smoothly. and it does not bounce around like a kangaroo rat anymore. heres a picture of the light kit and how i wired it.
PS. i just had to get the yee old B&R motor works sign in the picture

Name:	Hf10365.jpg
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	92990  
Old 01-21-2004, 07:46 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Your light kit set-up looks good. I thought about the Shack option until I saw how bright the Megatech set was on a Mini-Z--a lot brighter than the Kyosho set up. I also thought about drilling several holes in the rear portion of the Mini-T so the rear lights shine through and may still do so with the extra Mini-T body. As you already know, the Mini-T is pretty fast with the Chubby so I figured that the individual holes probably won't be that noticeable. My Mini-T also has an extra "internal" light because of the Novak GT7.

Have you thought about wiring the lights directly to the Chubby? That would seem to lighten the weight and lower the center of gravity.

I just got off the phone with one of the LHS--there were about a dozen Mini-T shock sets in their inventory and a set has been set aside awaiting my arrival. I can't wait to get those stock "jello" molds off, then again I have to wait about an hour. Hopefully, some of the other parts I ordered arrived too.

"Kangaroo Rat" LOL.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:39 PM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

jello, mmmmmmmmm theres somthing rong with my batterie and i get real crapyt run times so i didnt want to make it worse by adding lights to it. and then the lights would only be on when your on the gas. and if i drive it and run the batterie down then charge it it the run time get shorter and shorter each time i charge it unless i discharge it all the way then charge it i get a prety good run time but still not as good as some of you guys are saying your getting.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:25 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

With the lights and the Chubby, I'm getting around 15 minutes of run time at full throttle or a little longer if I want to run it very slow (or about stock speed). Although I haven't tried this, it is my understanding that if one hooks up a capacitor to the light kit, it will store enough energy to keep the lights on all the time. In my case, it appears as though the tail lights stay on slightly longer even after letting off the throttle and the lights come on anyway when barely touching the trigger since I'm using the JR XS3.

Did you use the recommended 20 weight in your shocks? I was thinking about something heavier since I'm running the Chubby and since I also forgot the fluid on the counter at the LHS. LOL. At least I didn't get charged for it. My current left over stock: a little Mugen 3000 and a lot less 1000, Tamiya something or other, and a little of something else....

Well, I'm out of here. My spelling brain is already gone.
Old 01-22-2004, 09:52 AM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i used 15 in the front witch seems just about perfect, and 25 in the rear. to test the oil what i do is i put in all to gether with the oil in each shock then i take the car and drop it from about 8 inches and if the back just barlly hits the ground its good. dont stiffen your springs, just put enu spring spacers on it that it rides just a little bellow full extention. then change your oil if it sound and looks like the rear in going too fast when it hits the ground. 25 wt. seems very good in the rear. oh ya are your spring little too short for how long the shock extends. mine are by like 1/8 inch.
Old 01-23-2004, 01:45 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

After listening to someone complain who went with 30 weight all the way around, I went with 35 in the front and 40 in the rear. It doesn't seem like much shock to me. I also added two of the largest spacers all the way around. I guess I'll see how it handles if I hit the dirt track tomorrow night and don't spend all my time at the Mini-Z track.

Have you checked out Losi's "Standard" Oil Shocks set up sheet?
http://www.teamlosi.com/pdfs/setups/...andard_oil.pdf
Old 01-23-2004, 06:35 PM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

have you seen the new brushless mini-t video. its bad ?!# . it has some good shots of it doing some crazy jumps. i though about going brushless with mine but then i decided not too because i would have to wait awile and i would spent like $350 instead of the $230 i have now on hop ups. the pics dont show some of the hop ups because i havent put them on yet. there in the mail. well good luck with the choice you made on the oil. tell me how it worked out. i might have to change mine. have you seen the new my mini-t track contest at team losi. i cant find it at team losis web site but if you go here its right there. www.minioffroaders.com . im going to have to make my track longer and more creative with more cool jumps and other things that are completely top secret. hope i win a new mini-t with hop ups.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:59 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

So far I've seen the same brushless video over and over again. From my understanding, there is a $150.00 brushless coming out for the Mini-T. I may get it and simply put the Novak GT7 I have in my Mini-T in something else.

I just returned home from running the Mini-Z's and the Mini-T. First, I stopped at the 1/8th scale dirt track, which has just been redone and reopened tonight. Luckily the track wasn't crowded so I turned the Mini-T loose. Although it was great on the straights, I was loosing way too much traction in between the doubles sending the rear end of the Mini-T was all over the place. I then drove it off the track where it had its own reception--the lights and speed attract a lot of attention.

Then it was off to the indoor track where I drove the Mini-T on ozite carpet. The Mini-T handled much better in the turns and landed well off the jump (about a 3 foot high jump). The bad thing is that I couldn't open it full throttle due to the track set-up and because of the speed of the Mini-T. I kept jumping and jumping the Mini-T until I came off the jump wrong and smacked into the wall a second time. Although nothing broke, including the HtTec HS-5125MG servo, one of the turnbuckles bent about 90 degrees and another turnbuckle about 45 degrees. I simply bent them back into shape--this may be the next "titanium" hop-up.

Then I realized how worn the rear tires had become and although the store owner had mentioned that he just got in one complete set of front and rear tires that would work great on the dirt track, someone else had already purchased them and he didn't know it. They were Smashers. Oh well, I still have a new rear set of Step-Pins that I'll put on before the Mini-T hits the dirt track again. I thought about picking up a set of the Street Meets he had in stock, but I figured I'd just keep using the Step-Pins.

http://www.teamlosi.com/newprod/2003...ni_t_tires.htm

Good luck on the track contest. I have access to a nice fenced in dirt lot, but I'm too lazy to turn it into an actual track. However, it is fine for bashing the T-Maxx.

Old 01-24-2004, 09:51 PM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

the contest motavated me to make it bigger. it there was no contest it would stay the same. it always good to get somthing for free.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:12 AM
chase044

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i went out to drive on my track and someone in a big truck went over it while i was gone. theres a big like 1 foot wide tire track right in the middle of the jumps. one down one side and another down the other side. i was so pisted. so im making a new track where my old 1/10 scale track was. got to clean up some bushes and take the old jumps down.illl post picks when im done.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Tigger N. Bennie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry to learn about your track. When the heavy equipment redid the empty lot I have access to the back hoe left a nice "bucket" imprint. It was pretty cool since I did a lot of 360 somethings off the imprint. Probably a few too many though since I ended up replacing both bulkheads on my T-Maxx. Now it is so freaking heavy, I don't even know if I could do a 360.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service