Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

what motor for the mini-t

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 11:02 PM
Johnston2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what motor for the mini-t

okay i was looking for a motor for the mini-t and have it down to teh micro monster or the baja. what one is faster out of the 2 and which one is better quality
Old 01-25-2004, 01:00 PM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: what motor for the mini-t

Why those two? why not a graupner Speed 300. you can get one shipped for 20 bucks. and it just as fast if not faster than those two.
http://www.one18thscale.com/prodlist.php?cat=10&man=ALL The torque with a speed 300 is amazing. from a standstill on my carpet you gun it and that mini t is gonna wheelie. if you reverse and jam it back into forward i can flip my mini T. And its cheaper than both the micro monster if you can get one and the baja.

Scroll down and there it is
Old 01-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Johnston2007

i dont want the 300 i either want the baja or the monster so which one is better also has any one used the baja
Old 02-07-2004, 12:44 AM
mgrigoruk

I have the Orion Baja. It is fast. Brainleak is right... you should consider the speed 300. I have a feeling that it might be a cheaper way to go. But if you have to have the Baja or Monster you'll be happy too.

I pull wheelies on the carpet and it is ALMOST too fast for inside the house. The stock pinion gear was a hair too big.... easy fix with either ca glue or cram it on with a piece of thin paper (sounds cheezy, but it actually works well at least until I get a pinon gear that fits perfect).

Enjoy, and make sure you are using the 7.2V battery.... without it you will not be so happy.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:16 AM
chase044

ive heard the monster is slower than the stock motor. get a speed 300 airplane motor. its faster than a baja and cheaper.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:27 PM
rcman1953
My Feedback: (5)

I just installed the Scorpion motor from Bishop Power Products http://www.b-p-p.com/Mini-T.htm I am still running 4 cells of 700 mAh Ni-MH batteries and my Mini-T can pull wheelies with no effort using the stock gearing. It should be a monster when my Venom 6 cell 7.2v comes in. Also, the stock pinion gear fits securely requiring no mod and the Scorpion is a direct drop-in replacement.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:26 PM
chase044

is the wheelie frome a stand still or backup then forward
Old 02-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Johnston2007

well when i orderd my baja they said that it was in at stormer and the next day they called and said that it wouldnt be in for like 5 weeks so they said i could use the raider from peak performace. and did u guys know that peak and orion are the same company ran out of the same manufactures. so the baja and the raider are the same except the raider is available first. thanxs guys.