Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

Trinity Micro Monster or Orion Baja?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 01:32 AM
jwillis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Micro Monster or Orion Baja?

I'm pretty new to this - just got my mini T for Christmas - Was loving it, til I burnt up the stock motor tonight...

I'm running a 1900 MAH Lithium-poly battery pack - made it smoke over the stock AA pack!

Am going to buy a new motor and would appreciate any advice as to which to buy:
Trinity Micro Monster?
Orion Baja?
Other?

Thanks for the help,
Jeff
Old 02-01-2004, 02:04 AM
chase044
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Trinity Micro Monster or Orion Baja?

the ones you listed are the same motor just difrent stickers on them. the baja or the micro moster would be good. but if you really want it to rip then put a brushless motor in it. it would do over 40 mph.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:33 AM
2002specv

I got the Micro Monster and i love the thing BIG power and speed increase. The good thing is that is does not need a new motor plate use the stock and the wires it can with then so if you order and then get you could have it running in like 5 min maybe less. I also but a 16t pinion and a 58t spear gear so its even faster. Also look at the ball bearings "best upgrade"
Old 02-01-2004, 09:55 AM
jwillis

Chase044 & 2002specv - thanks for the input...

Chase044,
What brand brushless motor would you recommend?
Where can I get it online?
How much would it cost?
Did you leave the gearing the same?

2002specv,
When you ordered the micro monster, did it come with the male spades installed? (i.e. - ready to bolt on and run?)
Also, I heard there was a problem with the stock pinion fitting on the micro monster shaft (a little loose - needed glued)
Did you have this problem, or did you order the new pinion and spur gears at the same time as the motor?

Thanks for the help,
Jeff
Old 02-01-2004, 10:09 AM
jwillis

Oh yeah...

Forgot to ask:

Chase044,
What modifications did you have to do to mount the brushless motor - new plate? wiring?

2002specv,
What did you pay for the micro monster?
Wanting to know if the one I've found is a good price or not?

Thanks again!
Jeff
Old 02-01-2004, 10:18 AM
madblunted

ORIGINAL: jwillis

Chase044 & 2002specv - thanks for the input...

Chase044,
What brand brushless motor would you recommend?
Where can I get it online?
How much would it cost?
Did you leave the gearing the same?

2002specv,
When you ordered the micro monster, did it come with the male spades installed? (i.e. - ready to bolt on and run?)
Also, I heard there was a problem with the stock pinion fitting on the micro monster shaft (a little loose - needed glued)
Did you have this problem, or did you order the new pinion and spur gears at the same time as the motor?

Thanks for the help,
Jeff

Yeah, thats tru, the shaft for the micro monster or mini monster, is a little short, so the pinion does have problems, but, I didnt use glue, I just flipped it the other way around and it seems to work. Have had no problems since, also it is cool because, the mini monster is a straight bolt in. No mods what so ever. I popped it in w/ the 7.2 battery upgrades, it was sweet, but I had to have more, so, I got me some bearings for it, they are not losi, but the LHS had the exact size for the front wheels, and the rear hubs, works perfect rolls forever, and I installed the Losi oil shocks, w/ 25 wt oil, I am going to put lighter oil in as I bend the little metal suspension parts pretty easy when I am jumping it, cant wait for Ti rods, and the rear CV Joints to come out!

I dont even remember what I paid for mine, I was just stoked that it was available and so I just bought it. Went back to get another one, the next day, and they were sold out! So i have another one on Backorder from tower hobbies, they sell them for like 26 bucks. plus shipping.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:23 PM
2002specv

jwillis

Yes the motor did come with the male connectors took like a few min to put in and go but yes you will need a little glue but thats easy. i buy most of my stuff from STORMERHOBBIES.com check them out
Old 02-01-2004, 02:25 PM
2002specv

oh yeah for price i paid $27.95
https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...0&showbig=6809
Old 02-06-2004, 10:54 PM
Cory Ream

Go to [link=http://www.b-p-p.com]www.b-p-p.com[/link] and go to the Mini T part and buy the Scorpion 300 it is by far the best non-brushless motor for the Mini T

Cory
Old 02-09-2004, 08:13 AM
brainleak
My Feedback: (1)

If your gonna spend that kind of money get a tuned speed 300, A scorpion from ^^^ the website on the last post. A Beast from one18th.com or a rabid from blind. there is also one called ruby k3 or something out there. all for about 25 bucks. you can get a nornal speed 300 for 15. Way less than both those slow mainstream motors.

Bl