Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

XMODS... Should i get one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:17 PM
joelacrane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XMODS... Should i get one?

Hey guys i thought about getting a Mini-t but its kinda over my budget. I have been looking at the Xmods. They look pretty cool! I havn't seen one in real life but i have seen plenty of pictures... So i have a bunch'a questions, like

how fast do they go? How do they handle? are they more of a toy? Can i get real lexan bodies that i can paint myself? I want to get a 1/10 style touring car body... How big are they? How long do they last on a set of batteries? can i JUMP IT? How does it handle hardwood and laminate floors? Is they 4WD good or does it take alot of power and decrease run times? Thx!
Old 02-03-2004, 08:12 AM
ALLISONMO2
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: XMODS... Should i get one?

xmods are a waaste of money. definitely a toy not a real model and they are slow. after driving your nitro trucks you will be bored within two minutes. save your money for a mini-t. you can find them on ebay for about 130. i have a slightly modded one and i love it. even after the speed of my mammoth i am still haveing a blast with mine.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:15 AM
bbentley40

I will not be so harsh on XMods since I do not have one.. but I have seen them run and my mini-t is faster and can handle many more types of terrain and jumps. I agree that you should save up a little and get a mini-t.. I dont see how anyone could regret it.. I own 2 already.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:37 AM
joelacrane

Yeah i drove my friends mini-t... It was cool. The problem isn't saving the money, its just getting my parents to let me spend it! 50 bucks maybe... 150? No way! Right now i am looking for a Triple-XNT sport so a Mini-T would be cool to go along with that...

We are buidling a new house (3,500 sq. ft.) with hardwood, laminate and tile floors everywhere... No carpet (Laminate is actually cheaper!). Plenty of hard surfaces for me to drive an Xmod on. RC car action reveiwed it and they lke it! They thought it was more of a "hobby" car than a toy...
Old 02-03-2004, 11:48 AM
ALLISONMO2

i have seem xmods and have owned mini-t and mrs4 (for sale) and the mini-t is the most fun for a long time. mrs4 was fun and fast but got old cause of the lack of outside capabilities. the xmod will cost 150 too by the time you get it to be fast and cool. the mini-t is fun stock for a bit but by the time you spend another 60-70 bucks on a new battery and motor they are a blast!!! you can recoup some money by selling the stock motor for a couple a bucks too cause some people burn them up by using a big battery which is a no no.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:36 PM
Gsir8

If you get an Xmod make sure u dont mess with the radio system. Rarely take off the car antenna. I did and the wire came off the antenna and now my car is crap, and barely gets 5 feet of range. (Note My post)
Old 02-05-2004, 09:25 AM
flip3d

i have a mini t for sale.
it is never broke and has the bigblock motor.
a 2 cell 1100 miliamp lipo and charger.
2 6 cell dinimate packs, i think 1100 mili also.
it comes with the controler but the speed controler recever lost stering.
i dont know what happened.
it is very fast.
it will willie from a stand still start with the lipo and wont drop the front wheels till u let off the controller.

philip
Old 02-05-2004, 10:51 AM
joelacrane

ORIGINAL: Gsir8

If you get an Xmod make sure u dont mess with the radio system. Rarely take off the car antenna. I did and the wire came off the antenna and now my car is crap, and barely gets 5 feet of range. (Note My post)
Soder it back on! Make it better than before! That no big deal is it?
Old 02-05-2004, 07:34 PM
ALLISONMO2

now_torquin
want to sell the lipoly's and charger?
Old 02-05-2004, 07:51 PM
flip3d

30 + shipping obo.
it is a wall charger for the lipo

philip
Old 02-05-2004, 11:51 PM
joelacrane

So can anyone just answer those questions instead of just syaing they are junk?!
Old 02-06-2004, 11:41 PM
raykessler

they are junk..... for one have you seen that controller, after 5 min of holding it like that so you can steer i can assure you that your hands are gonna be messed for life. another thing is that their slow, and since the only people making motors for it are radio shack it will never get to go fast
Old 02-06-2004, 11:52 PM
joelacrane

Gahh! Someone just answer my questions!
Old 02-07-2004, 01:24 AM
Cory Ream

ORIGINAL: now_torquin

30 + shipping obo.
it is a wall charger for the lipo

philip
hey i'll buy that.

Email me:
[email protected]

Cory
Old 02-08-2004, 03:56 PM
bribri543

raykessler, people are making aftermarket motors that are much faster than radioshack's motors. Some have even beaten mini-t's. Instead of saying these are junk with no prior knowledge, which thy aren't, try looking into them a little more.
joelacrane, a website that will help you is www.xmodworld.com That will answer most of your questions, and the forums are all about xmods, so you will get helpful information. Not trying to take away from rcuniverse, but this site is just more specified about xmods.
Personally, I would rather spend $100 less and get a car that is pretty good, but not as good as mini-ts because I wouldn't use the car in races or other things like that. They are very good to play around with, and especially with your new house being all wood flooring. Hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Cryptic

hey dude! i used to live in yarmouth! yarmouth rox! so where you live in yarmouth. they have rc trax there? i moved b4 i got into rc.

edit: sry off-topic ^^^^^^^^

okay anyways ya my friend doesn't have an rc and doesnt even have the monmey for a mini t! [X(]

so should he just get an xmod or forget rc?
Old 02-12-2004, 06:22 PM
supafly555

yes you should get an x-mod, people annoy me comparing them to nitro cars and super electric cars and such. They are fun and though radio shak dont make replacement parts, u ebay has enuff parts to make a fleet of racers, and 7 cell upgrades, turbo chips, and racing moters that would stomp all over the mini z. if you check out my other post with my car, with bigger tires for off road and jumping pleasure xmodworld.com has many people that can say so much good about these cars. Hope i helped
Old 02-12-2004, 06:47 PM
2Slow2Go

xmods r....darn i cant cus in here. my cousin works at a radio shack in san diego and he let me play with one in the store. omg theyre slow and even slower on carpet. it weighs a ton and theres only 4 cells to get it going. its only good for a desk top display but for $50 i could get 2 1/18 scale import tuner modles. bottom line is, WASTE OF MONEY
Old 02-12-2004, 08:20 PM
AtomicMods

XMODS are a good cheap way to have a lot of fun, and if you think they are slow, visit www.AtomicMods.com and take a look at the videos.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:31 PM
2Slow2Go

hey robertlbyrd, i dont wanna say bad things about ur idea but, a xmod with lithium batts, bigger motor, 4wd, etc. will make the price skyrocket 300% from stalk and thats the max speed it can go. And im sorry to say but anything from radioshack is considered a TOY. A mirco rs4 rtr at my lhs is only $160 and its already fast stalk with 4 AA nimh batts. and the micro has a lot more option parts. the xmod has terrible range and that controller will make ur hands retarded after 5mins
Old 02-12-2004, 08:41 PM
AtomicMods

Aren't they ALL toys?

I like them personally...
Old 02-12-2004, 10:14 PM
joelacrane

RC car action thought they were cool! They said "The Shack gets real with XMODS..." and they considered them REAL rc cars...

But i have decided to save for a mini-t just becasue i like off road stuff and i am not too crazy about Rice Burners... They are slow, they sound bad and they crowd our local drag strip! If they had muscle car bodies it would be different... I would like a 71 Mustang Mach 1 body... (I have one, my dad and i are restoring it, so i am about 3 grand i debt! See why i am having trouble getting a mini-t?!)
Old 02-13-2004, 01:41 AM
madblunted

Ahh stick w/ restoring the mustang, believe me my uncle had one of them cars... robin egg or sky blue, beautiful fastback and all..
Old 02-13-2004, 07:55 AM
AtomicMods

Keep an eye on www.AtomicMods.com. I am working on a Muscle Car conversion kit.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:53 PM
joelacrane

Dad thinks my Mustang has too much power for me to drive (400 Horsepower! I wish i wouldn't have put that big cam in it...) so we are gonna finish restoring it and sell it... I'm gonna hate seeing it go... I am gonna paint mine its stock color... Red. It'll look awsome. But when i sell it i'll have money to buy a good Ford Ranger or a Litte VW Jetta... Then maybe i'll have some leftover for RC cand College.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.