Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

mini-t battery pack chargers

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 05:22 PM
E-snake
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mini-t battery pack chargers

where can you find a charger that charges mini-t batteries, (preferably cheap). Do trinity packs for mini-t's come with a charger and if not will somebody recomend a 6 cell battery pack that comes with a charger, around 30.00?
Old 04-25-2004, 05:53 PM
vizaracer

Default RE: mini-t battery pack chargers

well, i dont know of any for that cheap. i just bought a 40 dollar charger myself that will charger those batteries in about 20 min. and i got a battery pack from dynamite thats a 6-cell that will be here tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2004, 06:26 PM
E-snake
My Feedback: (2)

what type of connector doe the mini t have for batteries, is it a tamiya type connector?
Old 04-25-2004, 08:01 PM
vizaracer

heres a pic of it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37267.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	126253  
Old 04-28-2004, 01:55 PM
joelacrane

I don't think that you could get a battery/charger combo. I am using a Duratrax digital peak charger. it sells for around $50. Another option would be the Dynamite Vision peak 2. I think its 30 dollars. A good battery costs about 25 dollars but it makes the car go soooooo much faster!
Old 05-01-2004, 04:49 PM
JordanT

You can buy the losi battery pack with a charger but it takes about 2 hours to charge the pack. I recommend a 959. It takes me about 35 mins to charge my packs and you can always use it for other packs in the future. It charges anywhere from .5 amps to 4.5 amps has a digital dislplay and adjustable delta peak. It goes for about 50 bucks.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:56 AM
joelacrane

You mean an MRC super brian? I haven't used one of those but i have heard that they rock! My duratrax charger lets you adjust peak sensitivity, voltage (.01-5.0 amps) and mah. You can save up to 10 profiles. It also has an adjustable trickle charge but it can be disabled. Ni-mh packs hate being overcharged.

Both the 959 and the Duratrax seem like good chargers.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:22 PM
kd1942

Don't know where you can get a battery/charger combo that cheap. A decent pack will cost 30.00 or more. When I bought my Mini T I put bearings in it. Thats all. I ran it for about an hour on the 4 dry cells. Then I made up a 6 cell 720 ma NIMH pack and you would not believe the difference the battery pack. I'm running pretty close to the guys that are running Mini T 's all tricked out. I'm not going as fast but at the lower speed can drive a much more precise line.
If you plan on staying in RC cars , do yourself a favor and buy a good charger.

By the way. It's correct to call RC Airplanes and cars remote control. Just doesn't sound as good though.
Old 05-02-2004, 08:22 PM
joelacrane

Yeah, thats right, but Radio Contol sound is much more accurite. Remote control can also mean control by cables and wires. Technically, control line planes are "remote" control but people don't call them that...